Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!)
Bookmark and Share
Itinerant Texan Offline
Shot Caller

I Root For: On Ye Tarleton!
RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!)
(11-18-2018 03:59 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Going forward any new threads started about WAC expansion will be moved and/or deleted.

Only Two Other Threads besides this one will be allowed. They are:

Potential existing D1 members to join the WAC

Is Dixie St destined for the Big Sky?

This thread and the two linked above will be heavily moderated. Discussions should be limited to only involving the Western Athletic Conference. KEEP the Discussions to Possible Schools Only. Keep them to Schools who have a real chance of joining the WAC. Legit Linked material will go a long to back up ones postings.

No other conferences in D1 D2 or D3 movements or expansion will be allowed on the main WAC board. If you feel the need to do so, GO HERE>>>

Why this is happening:

Speculative Pipe Dreams for the WAC have become tiring. Those of us from the now defunct Scout board had to deal with these types of discussions all the time. We asked for it to be moved and the moderators would not do so. They felt it was ok to treat the WAC board as the conference realignment board. They felt the board wouldn't generate enough discussion.

The same is starting to occur here. Every time one thread regarding WAC expansion is started, one on the CS and CR board is also started. So do not feel like you are being left without a place to voice your opinion.

Effective 11/18/2018
Reaffirmed 8/26/20

Former threads Now closed:

New School maybe

DII Schools in the potential WAC footprint without Football

Wow.
https://csnbbs.com/thread-907831.html
10-01-2020 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!)
(10-01-2020 01:18 PM)Itinerant Texan Wrote:  
(11-18-2018 03:59 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Going forward any new threads started about WAC expansion will be moved and/or deleted.

This thread and the two linked above will be heavily moderated. Discussions should be limited to only involving the Western Athletic Conference. KEEP the Discussions to Possible Schools Only. Keep them to Schools who have a real chance of joining the WAC. Legit Linked material will go a long to back up ones postings.

No other conferences in D1 D2 or D3 movements or expansion will be allowed on the main WAC board. If you feel the need to do so, GO HERE>>>

Why this is happening:

Speculative Pipe Dreams for the WAC have become tiring. Those of us from the now defunct Scout board had to deal with these types of discussions all the time. We asked for it to be moved and the moderators would not do so. They felt it was ok to treat the WAC board as the conference realignment board. They felt the board wouldn't generate enough discussion.

The same is starting to occur here. Every time one thread regarding WAC expansion is started, one on the CS and CR board is also started. So do not feel like you are being left without a place to voice your opinion.

Effective 11/18/2018
Reaffirmed 8/26/20

New School maybe

Wow.

These rules are in place to keep fantasy, speculative and hypothetical threads in check.

When it becomes apparent that actual expansion will occur a new thread is allowed. This was done when Tarleton and Dixie State were rumored and then confirmed to be new members.

The thread I made the official discussion thread was created 3 minutes before the Tarleton State one. Instead of deleting it I moved it to the Tarleton board. I would prefer to just merge threads, but that functionality is dead site wide.
10-01-2020 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
(09-30-2020 03:22 PM)Todor Wrote:  It’s David State. They have long been rumored to be in the process of starting a school, adding sports, and going straight to D1.

You win the internet today!
10-01-2020 04:21 PM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(10-01-2020 03:13 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Why this is happening:

Effective 11/18/2018
Reaffirmed 8/26/20

New School maybe

Wow.

These rules are in place to keep fantasy, speculative and hypothetical threads in check.

When it becomes apparent that actual expansion will occur a new thread is allowed. This was done when Tarleton and Dixie State were rumored and then confirmed to be new members.

The thread I made the official discussion thread was created 3 minutes before the Tarleton State one. Instead of deleting it I moved it to the Tarleton board. I would prefer to just merge threads, but that functionality is dead site wide.
I'm not opposed to deleting my Thread. I didn't see anything when I posted and when I check the time stamp mine was posted before yours
10-01-2020 07:30 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(10-01-2020 07:30 PM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(10-01-2020 03:13 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Why this is happening:

Effective 11/18/2018
Reaffirmed 8/26/20

New School maybe

Wow.

I'm not opposed to deleting my Thread. I didn't see anything when I posted and when I check the time stamp mine was posted before yours

I prefer not to delete threads. There is a crude way to merge, copy and paste.
10-02-2020 11:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tarleton State
So a message board dying for posters and content is going to delete content that sparks discussion and more followers? Ok Chief.
10-07-2020 08:10 PM
Johnny Crunch Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NMSU
Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!)
Yeah
10-07-2020 10:37 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(10-07-2020 08:10 PM)wisdomgymrat Wrote:  So a message board dying for posters and content is going to delete content that sparks discussion and more followers? Ok Chief.

Multiple threads on the same topic do not need to clutter up the board.
10-08-2020 12:36 PM
cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
Will the wac be able to get 8 fb members for fbs football?
If so who and when?
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021 11:01 PM by cleburneslim.)
02-02-2021 11:00 PM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & UGA
(02-02-2021 11:00 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  Will the wac be able to get 8 fb members for fbs football?
If so who and when?

All six of the new WAC football schools have agreed to explore the pros and cons of moving up to FBS before the end of the decade. New Mexico State is already a FBS independent. That’s a possible 7 schools. The additional school/s would most likely come from Big Sky schools wanting to move up or current FBS programs within the WAC footprint that are geographic outliers in their current conferences. There is also the possibility of UTRGV adding FBS football.
02-03-2021 07:26 AM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Any chance that some WAC schools may join the Pac-12? Oregon State and Washington State need at least six schools to maintain the automatic bid. This would do nothing for the Pac 12's status as a FBS conference, but it would at least allow them to continue on in some capacity.

For example,

Pac 12 (6): Washington State, Oregon State, Seattle, Utah Valley, Grand Canyon, California Baptist
WAC (7): UT Arlington, UTRGV, Utah Tech, Southern Utah, Abilene Christian, Stephen F. Austin, Tarleton State

Presumably if the Pac 12 got several Big Sky schools to either drop football, or park their football in the UAC, it could continue on as a non-football conference past June 2026. If the Pac gets to seven for 2024 it doesn't even trigger the grace period for its status as a multisport conference.
09-08-2023 07:08 PM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(09-08-2023 07:08 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  Any chance that some WAC schools may join the Pac-12? Oregon State and Washington State need at least six schools to maintain the automatic bid. This would do nothing for the Pac 12's status as a FBS conference, but it would at least allow them to continue on in some capacity.

For example,

Pac 12 (6): Washington State, Oregon State, Seattle, Utah Valley, Grand Canyon, California Baptist
WAC (7): UT Arlington, UTRGV, Utah Tech, Southern Utah, Abilene Christian, Stephen F. Austin, Tarleton State

Presumably if the Pac 12 got several Big Sky schools to either drop football, or park their football in the UAC, it could continue on as a non-football conference past June 2026. If the Pac gets to seven for 2024 it doesn't even trigger the grace period for its status as a multisport conference.

Oregon State and Washington State will very likely seek a merger with the Mountain West in a manner that preserves the payments and credits due the conference over the next few years. The other schools currently in the Pac-12 are doing enough to merit a lawsuit seeking an injunction- the Pac had called a meeting of all 12 current schools for Wednesday.

If any Big Sky schools could help maximize media revenues over and above what they can get with the Mountain West schools, I’m sure they’d consider it. But that doesn’t appear to be the case.
09-11-2023 02:31 AM
Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
(09-11-2023 02:31 AM)Pounder Wrote:  
(09-08-2023 07:08 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  Any chance that some WAC schools may join the Pac-12? Oregon State and Washington State need at least six schools to maintain the automatic bid. This would do nothing for the Pac 12's status as a FBS conference, but it would at least allow them to continue on in some capacity.

For example,

Oregon State and Washington State will very likely seek a merger with the Mountain West in a manner that preserves the payments and credits due the conference over the next few years. The other schools currently in the Pac-12 are doing enough to merit a lawsuit seeking an injunction- the Pac had called a meeting of all 12 current schools for Wednesday.

If any Big Sky schools could help maximize media revenues over and above what they can get with the Mountain West schools, I’m sure they’d consider it. But that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Agree, a merger with the MW is the most likely scenario. I could possibly see a poach or two from the Big Sky, but if a merger works I am not sure that would be needed. The only link with the WAC/UAC is Luck but I honestly don't see any of that happening.
09-11-2023 10:48 AM
Pounder Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023 03:13 PM by Pounder.)
09-11-2023 03:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.