WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1
(11-10-2018 09:25 PM)GullLake Wrote:  !?!?

Dude, you won. He lost.

Act like you've been there before.

We are all entitled to our opinions be they right or wrong. Unfortunately, extremists on both the left and right want to silence those they disagree with.

Stupid takes deserve stupid responses. "Society is getting dumber with this referendum" is as stupid as it gets.

Notice how these "society is getting dumber" takes are never accompanied with "alcohol destroys lives, if we're gonna ban weed, we should ban alcohol too." Wonder why?
11-19-2018 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(11-11-2018 07:15 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  I don't know about your insurance but I get discounts for a healthy lifestyle.

What is this "healthy lifestyle?" Not smoking? How do they measure how much time you spend on the couch?
11-19-2018 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(11-19-2018 12:44 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(11-11-2018 07:15 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  I don't know about your insurance but I get discounts for a healthy lifestyle.

What is this "healthy lifestyle?" Not smoking? How do they measure how much time you spend on the couch?

Yes. Not smoking - anything - is considered a "healthy lifestyle" by most insurance companies. As is a gym membership (assuming that if you join a gym, you are actually using it).

There are some businesses that prohibit their employees from smoking tobacco (let alone weed) at home and test them for it. I'm not an advocate of that, but it is reality.

Also most companies require drug testing. Weed residue does not dissipate from your body as quickly as alcohol. You may party-down at a Bronco tailgate and post-game celebration with Jack & Coke and some Oberon, and it will be out of your system come Monday. Not so weed. It will still be there and many Michigan companies - particularly manufacturers - have zero tolerance policies for drug use.

Can't have a drunk or stoned engineers, let alone CNC machinists.

Considering that weed is still illegal under Federal law, it will be interesting to see how all this plays out in Michigan.

All that said, Charm, I'm not judging. Have some fun, but be darn careful. Everything in moderation.
11-19-2018 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
okgc Offline
Heisman

Michigan universities to students: Don't bring your weed on campus

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijua...988622002/
11-19-2018 05:08 PM
GullLake Offline

In the spirit of Proposal 1, and its supporters, here is a hilarious, irreverent, essay by political humorist PJ O'Rourke. It was written in the late 1980's, but is still good for a chuckle and an occasional "WTF?!":

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/reptile.html
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018 08:45 PM by GullLake.)
11-19-2018 08:41 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Any of you know it all clowns ever been to Amsterdam, Netherlands-the home of a Pot store on every corner. It's the fricken chit hole of europe, but I'm sure you all have plenty of excuses and explanations of how Dope has nothing to do with that.

Most of you have never been outside the continental limits of the United States, yet you're an authority on every topic. Legal pot will not make Michigan better, it'll make it worse. Probably significantly worse, but why bother you with points based on facts?

Continue to regurgitate your ignorance in this forum, it provides comic relief if nothing else.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018 11:48 AM by BroncoPhilly.)
11-19-2018 09:32 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
On another point, what self-appointed mod is deleting my posts? As long as I don't violate the forum rules you have no right to do that.

I participate in other forums where there are ALMOST NO forum rules. Profanity is not filtered and we have our occasional dustups, but nobody is hospitalized. It'd be nice if this forum was like that, but at least get off the heavy hand of Deleting posts.

We're all big boys and girls here, we don't need a nanny. You know?
11-19-2018 09:36 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2018 09:32 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  Any of you know it all clowns ever been to Amsterdam, Netherlands-the home of a Pot store on every corner. It's the fricken chit hole of europe, but I'm sure you all have plenty of excuses and explanations of how Dope has nothing to do with that.

Most of you have never been outside the continental limits of the United States, yet you're an authority on every topic. Legal pot will not make Michigan better, it'll make it worse. Probably significantly worse, but why bother you with points based on facts?

Continue to regurgitate your ignorance in this forum, it provide comic relief if nothing else.

You probably won't see this because hilariously even though you're bitching about deleted posts you've blocked a bunch of people, but anyway:

Comparing small scale legalized pot in Michigan to f---ing Amsterdam is apples to hand grenades.
11-20-2018 12:15 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Quote:You probably won't see this because hilariously even though you're bitching about deleted posts you've blocked a bunch of people, but anyway:

Comparing small scale legalized pot in Michigan to f---ing Amsterdam is apples to hand grenades

They said the same thing in Amsterdam 30 years ago, muttonhead. BTW, you ever been there or you speaking out of your lower orifice again?
11-20-2018 11:47 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2018 11:47 AM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
Quote:You probably won't see this because hilariously even though you're bitching about deleted posts you've blocked a bunch of people, but anyway:

Comparing small scale legalized pot in Michigan to f---ing Amsterdam is apples to hand grenades

They said the same thing in Amsterdam 30 years ago, muttonhead. BTW, you ever been there or you speaking out of your lower orifice again?

I've been to Amsterdam, yeah. I also just got back from Vegas where weed is fully legal in public and drugs flow like candy.

There are a lot of people doing dumb stuff there. A ton of it is alcohol fueled and I still haven't heard you complain about that being legal. Also, very little of it is weed fueled.

Also: It's freaking Vegas and Amsterdam. What do you expect?
11-20-2018 12:19 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Towns can opt out of granting marijuana to be sold within their city limits. This is the case for 75% of Colorado municipalities (although they probably sell booze at every gas station and drug store).

Figure social liberal leaning cities like Royal Oak, Ferndale, Saugatuck and Traverse City will have them, as well as college towns.
11-20-2018 12:36 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:No society got better by playing to a desire to escape from reality. Proposition 1 may be amusing to some of you, I think Michigan took a step backwards from rising to the top of the cream. Just my opinion.

Prohibition Part Deux, here we come! 03-wink To say one can't escape from reality with a 12 pack or a bottle of scotch would be fooling themselves, of course. Actually Nixing that potential escape from reality caused more harm than good.

I don't think there's a 1-rule-fits-all solution, so generalized. It depends on the place, different rules, which can evolve over time + depending on what you're dealing with.

When watching a clip from FOX17 of a debate of Yay vs Nay on the Prop coming up -- the Nay side had a lady/counselor who made the argument that alcohol should be outlawed, too. The sheriff on her side I'm sure disagreed though... as his argument was that here in GR, they don't go after MJ-alone, and that over the past many years it's just been a violation alongside other stuff (or when soundly suspected of other stuff, I'm sure). That said, it'd be naive to suggest that if you seem 'shady' in any way -- due to being out way late at night having fun and/or hanging out around some actual shady people, that you'd never get busted for having a little MJ in your pocket or as a non-smoker, haven taken some hits and are noticeably happy-high.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018 05:25 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-20-2018 05:24 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-20-2018 05:24 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:No society got better by playing to a desire to escape from reality. Proposition 1 may be amusing to some of you, I think Michigan took a step backwards from rising to the top of the cream. Just my opinion.

Prohibition Part Deux, here we come! 03-wink To say one can't escape from reality with a 12 pack or a bottle of scotch would be fooling themselves, of course. Actually Nixing that potential escape from reality caused more harm than good.

I don't think there's a 1-rule-fits-all solution, so generalized. It depends on the place, different rules, which can evolve over time + depending on what you're dealing with.

When watching a clip from FOX17 of a debate of Yay vs Nay on the Prop coming up -- the Nay side had a lady/counselor who made the argument that alcohol should be outlawed, too. The sheriff on her side I'm sure disagreed though... as his argument was that here in GR, they don't go after MJ-alone, and that over the past many years it's just been a violation alongside other stuff (or when soundly suspected of other stuff, I'm sure). That said, it'd be naive to suggest that if you seem 'shady' in any way -- due to being out way late at night having fun and/or hanging out around some actual shady people, that you'd never get busted for having a little MJ in your pocket or as a non-smoker, haven taken some hits and are noticeably happy-high.

I have about one beer or glass of wine every 3-4 weeks, so I could care less if alcohol is banned as well. Sure would reduce our traffic fatality incidence. As it is, I saw two fatality accidents the last couple of weeks where weed was involved. But why confuse the topic with some actual facts? The hop heads wanna party. 03-shhhh
11-20-2018 08:39 PM
texasbronco1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(11-20-2018 08:39 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  I have about one beer or glass of wine every 3-4 weeks, so I could care less if alcohol is banned as well. Sure would reduce our traffic fatality incidence. As it is, I saw two fatality accidents the last couple of weeks where weed was involved. But why confuse the topic with some actual facts? The hop heads wanna party. 03-shhhh

When it comes to fatal car crashes, I'm sure every sane and rational person in the world would agree that alcohol is way more dangerous than weed. There's no comparison.
11-21-2018 01:31 PM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(11-21-2018 01:31 PM)texasbronco1 Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 08:39 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  I have about one beer or glass of wine every 3-4 weeks, so I could care less if alcohol is banned as well. Sure would reduce our traffic fatality incidence. As it is, I saw two fatality accidents the last couple of weeks where weed was involved. But why confuse the topic with some actual facts? The hop heads wanna party. 03-shhhh

When it comes to fatal car crashes, I'm sure every sane and rational person in the world would agree that alcohol is way more dangerous than weed. There's no comparison.

Followed by texting while driving, then prescription pills...
11-21-2018 02:52 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

What study are you referencing to support that statement? In fact, there has been little genuine research done. I've read about two (2) recent local traffic fatalities where weed was involved. THC affects different people in different ways, you can't make broad brush statements about it.

Until an actual study is done making statements like 'I'm sure that every sane and rational person......' is ludicrous. A rational person deals in FACTS, not hyperbole. And a sane person doesn't take common myths and present them as inarguable fact.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 08:11 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
11-21-2018 08:10 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2018 08:10 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

What study are you referencing to support that statement? In fact, there has been little genuine research done. I've read about two (2) recent local traffic fatalities where weed was involved. THC affects different people in different ways, you can't make broad brush statements about it.

Until an actual study is done making statements like 'I'm sure that every sane and rational person......' is ludicrous. A rational person deals in FACTS, not hyperbole. And a sane person doesn't take common myths and present them as inarguable fact.

Firstly, if you've been around both stoned and drunk people, you don't need a study.

Secondly: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...9d7df028e7

And that was just the easiest presentation. Just google it and you'll get plenty of answers.
11-21-2018 09:17 PM
GullLake Offline

(11-21-2018 09:17 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  

Firstly, if you've been around both stoned and drunk people, you don't need a study.

And that was just the easiest presentation. Just google it and you'll get plenty of answers.

Bottom-line...if you drive EITHER drunk or stoned you are endangering the lives of others for your own selfish pleasure. You would DESERVE to be pulled from your vehicle and beaten. Get Uber or Lyft. Leave your keys with someone else. There is NO EXCUSE to put lives at risk - including your own - by driving drunk OR stoned.

There should be NO TOLERANCE for drunk OR stoned driving!

To claim one is less dangerous than the other is moronic. Like saying it is safer to be shot with a .22 than a .9mm. Yeah, one packs more power, but BOTH kill if used recklessly.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2018 08:25 AM by GullLake.)
11-22-2018 08:16 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-22-2018 08:16 AM)GullLake Wrote:  

Bottom-line...if you drive EITHER drunk or stoned you are endangering the lives of others for your own selfish pleasure. You would DESERVE to be pulled from your vehicle and beaten. Get Uber or Lyft. Leave your keys with someone else. There is NO EXCUSE to put lives at risk - including your own - by driving drunk OR stoned.

To claim one is less dangerous than the other is moronic. Like saying it is safer to be shot with a .22 than a .9mm. Yeah, one packs more power, but BOTH kill if used recklessly.

Thank you. A thinking person in these forums is scarce as hens teeth.
11-22-2018 09:28 AM
GullLake Offline

(11-22-2018 09:28 AM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
(11-22-2018 08:16 AM)GullLake Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 01:31 PM)texasbronco1 Wrote:  When it comes to fatal car crashes, I'm sure every sane and rational person in the world would agree that alcohol is way more dangerous than weed. There's no comparison.

Thank you. A thinking person in these forums is scarce as hens teeth.

Thank you, BroncoPhilly.

And for what it is worth, I voted for Prop 1. Not because I use pot - I do not, nor do I get drunk - but because the proverbial toothpaste is out of the tube regarding its use. It's the wild west out there. Ask any cop (and we have good and honorable ones in Kalamazoo who we should be proud of).

What is being sold on the street now, is not what was being sold and used during our generation(s). It is considerably more dangerous and potent. In many cases, the buyer has z-e-r-o idea what he/she is buying and it is laced with all kinds of substances.

By legalizing it, WE control it through aggressive and unapologetic regulation and taxation. WE make it safer and WE take it off the streets. WE will also make considerable $ on it. Look for taxes to be at least what tobacco is with the revenue steered towards roads.

Pot use was going to continue and grow with or without Proposal 1. But its passage changed who is in charge.
11-22-2018 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.