Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#GivingTuesday
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: #GivingTuesday
(11-20-2018 02:07 PM)burden Wrote:  I was just thinking that Dr. Kamensense had this all pegged 4 or so years ago. No one apparently listened.
03-shhhh
(10-04-2014 05:27 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  And if Nielson believes the donations have fallen he needs to look within. As he's chasing big whales they're neglecting the smaller donors. I've been donating for years and have donated to every project, yet since him and his partner came on board I feel they just take some things for granted and don't put the work in. We all saw the shady 90Ksu marketing campaign that lined his pockets with bonuses after tickets were purchased with department funds as well as the failed big dollar donor to the basketball program that is going to prison. Again, perhaps Joel needs to look within first.
11-20-2018 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dlFLASH Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KENT STATE
(11-20-2018 02:50 PM)Kentastic Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 01:31 PM)BuckeyeFlyerFlash Wrote:  Observation: sat next to former Assoc AD Matt Geis and his wife at mens bball game last year ( very nice/affiable/ alum who spent whole career at KSU.) Observed the number of people in chairback seats who all approached/chatted with Matt. Players families came over and chatted with Matt. Joel just standing by himself near walkway- only person I saw him speak to was President +her friend...did not engage with season ticket/alum base etc....Matt Geis now at D3 Case Western-not as AD!!- must have really wanted to get out from under Joel... just sayin...when is the #FireJoel campaign kicking off??

Matt Geis and a ton of other staff members (like Dave) I have noticed left. Wondering if anyone knows the total number of staff/coaches that have left since Joel took over? Has to be high. Seems like people have really fled the department since the day he took over, especially in the marketing, ticketing, athletic communications and advancement offices. You expect assistant coaches to come and go, but support staff? I swear it was never that high when Laing Kennedy ran the show.

From 2012 - 2017 there has been a turnover rate of approximately 2/3 of the entire staff, which includes coaches and administrators. That total does not include the same position being filled more than once during that time frame. It also does not include positions that were never filled.

Additionally, I was told Matt Geis may have been given a similar option Dave mentioned other female administrators received by somebody outside of Athletics.

Finally, according to a DI Athletics Director, I understand countless football coaches turned down our HC opening last year due to the poor reputation the KSU Athletics Department's environment harbors nationally. JN has publicly disputed this statement and claimed Coach Lewis was his first choice all along. SL's age, previous title as co-offensive coordinator and the time it took to announce him seem to contradict JN's comments.

Like each of you I want the best for KSU. However, I cannot let my rose colored glasses hide facts and insight I am privy to about the current regime.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018 11:45 PM by dlFLASH.)
11-20-2018 11:31 PM
Proud pilot Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
In my opinion have to agree that other candidates rejected the Head Coaching Football position.Basing this on the time line for the hire.
HC position was open when the season ended and Syracuse did not go to a Bowl Game last year therefor SL was available. IF in fact SL was his first pick begs the question why did you wait and loose the early recruiting period during which over 70% of the D1 prospects signed?
There was an article when SL was hired concerning his contract. Would like to know why one of the parties involved thought it was necessary to put in writing how they would work jointly to replace the practice turf at the indoor facility.
Based on comments by TV announcers during the game broadcast it seems that they feel that he has a plan that could develop a winner here. Hopefully SL will receive the support needed to improve the program
11-21-2018 10:07 AM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
Well good news of the overall goal of 100k is within a few hundred dollars of being reached.

Bad news is the football team is being outfundraised by the dance team lol
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 10:50 PM by thanksjim.)
11-21-2018 10:49 PM
DavidCarducci Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hiram & Kent St
(11-20-2018 11:31 PM)dlFLASH Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 02:50 PM)Kentastic Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 01:31 PM)BuckeyeFlyerFlash Wrote:  Observation: sat next to former Assoc AD Matt Geis and his wife at mens bball game last year ( very nice/affiable/ alum who spent whole career at KSU.) Observed the number of people in chairback seats who all approached/chatted with Matt. Players families came over and chatted with Matt. Joel just standing by himself near walkway- only person I saw him speak to was President +her friend...did not engage with season ticket/alum base etc....Matt Geis now at D3 Case Western-not as AD!!- must have really wanted to get out from under Joel... just sayin...when is the #FireJoel campaign kicking off??

Matt Geis and a ton of other staff members (like Dave) I have noticed left. Wondering if anyone knows the total number of staff/coaches that have left since Joel took over? Has to be high. Seems like people have really fled the department since the day he took over, especially in the marketing, ticketing, athletic communications and advancement offices. You expect assistant coaches to come and go, but support staff? I swear it was never that high when Laing Kennedy ran the show.

From 2012 - 2017 there has been a turnover rate of approximately 2/3 of the entire staff, which includes coaches and administrators. That total does not include the same position being filled more than once during that time frame. It also does not include positions that were never filled.

Additionally, I was told Matt Geis may have been given a similar option Dave mentioned other female administrators received by somebody outside of Athletics.

Finally, according to a DI Athletics Director, I understand countless football coaches turned down our HC opening last year due to the poor reputation the KSU Athletics Department's environment harbors nationally. JN has publicly disputed this statement and claimed Coach Lewis was his first choice all along. SL's age, previous title as co-offensive coordinator and the time it took to announce him seem to contradict JN's comments.

Like each of you I want the best for KSU. However, I cannot let my rose colored glasses hide facts and insight I am privy to about the current regime.

Hi Kentastic and dlFlash,

Matt Geis is a great guy and a good friend.
He and I have stayed in touch since we both chose to leave Kent State. The nice thing for both of us was that we both made the choice to leave without being asked to leave.
In Matt's case, Case Western Reserve University approached him, and he made a decision that was good for his career as a next step, both financially and professionally.
I know he is extremely happy!
We are part of a large fraternity of former coaches and staffers, many of us alumni, who love Kent State, but are much happier now that we have removed ourselves from the disfunction.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 11:39 PM by DavidCarducci.)
11-21-2018 11:37 PM
DavidCarducci Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hiram & Kent St
(11-21-2018 10:49 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Well good news of the overall goal of 100k is within a few hundred dollars of being reached.

Bad news is the football team is being outfundraised by the dance team lol

I can't remember. Is the fundraising initiative is part of the Game Plan.

Remember the Game Plan?

Ah, the Game Plan, we hardly knew ye!

By the way... the Game Plan was was developed thanks to an expensive review of the Kent State Athletic Department led by Todd Turner. Who is Todd Turner, you may ask? He happens to be the former DI AD who led the search that recommended Joel Nielsen to Kent State a little more than eight years ago.

A nice fat check can make a wonderful thank you gift. No?

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/top-stor...cs-program
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 11:48 PM by DavidCarducci.)
11-21-2018 11:47 PM
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
Veering back to the original point of this thread. They are $171 away from the $100k goal.
11-23-2018 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.