ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dickens
oduhoops71 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ODU
Dickens
ODU BB just tweeted that Dickens is eligible!!
10-23-2018 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Punk Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Dickens
10-23-2018 01:14 PM
BigBlueMonarch Offline
King of All Things Unimportant

I Root For: Old Dominion University
BIG NEWS!!!! Now can we quit beating the coaches up about thier ability to recruit and focus on a season of hopefully great basketball.

Sent from my SM-N920V using CSNbbs mobile app
10-23-2018 01:15 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-23-2018 01:16 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

10-23-2018 01:22 PM
Punk Offline
1st String

Sounds like Dickens will start, and Robinson will come off the bench....
10-23-2018 01:25 PM
Advertisement

monarx Online
Hall of Famer

Fantastic news! Any word on if this counts as his freshman year (since he only played three games and got hurt last season) or is this his sophomore season? Also, any word on who we played the closed scrimmage against and how we did?
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018 01:39 PM by monarx.)
10-23-2018 01:33 PM
Nukesquad Offline
1st String

(10-23-2018 01:33 PM)monarx Wrote:  Fantastic news! Any word on if this counts as his freshman year (since he only played three games and got hurt last season) or is this his sophomore season? Also, any word on who we played the closed scrimmage against and how we did?

He'll have 3 years left to play starting this season. Coach stated at the tip off dinner that they will scrimmage GW...I haven't heard how that went. I'm not sure any details will come out on that.
10-23-2018 01:58 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

10-23-2018 03:17 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

This takes us from a solid NIT team to a possible NCAA team especially with this group of starters. Again...if we can get a little consistency shooting from the outside we could be a dangerous team. This will also give us time to develop the younger bigs on the team.
10-23-2018 03:24 PM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
(10-23-2018 01:33 PM)monarx Wrote:  Fantastic news! Any word on if this counts as his freshman year (since he only played three games and got hurt last season) or is this his sophomore season? Also, any word on who we played the closed scrimmage against and how we did?

I believe the answer to your first question is unknown at this time which is why you have not seen it already answered in the reports. Patience may be its own reward in this case.
10-23-2018 03:41 PM
Advertisement

ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

Both Dickens and Elbert were highly rated recruits. If they can temain healthy and play anywhere close to their potential, look out.
10-23-2018 03:52 PM
Fatmonarch Offline
2nd String

(10-23-2018 03:41 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  

I believe the answer to your first question is unknown at this time which is why you have not seen it already answered in the reports. Patience may be its own reward in this case.

Pilot article says he has "sophomore eligibility" so he has 3 years.
10-23-2018 05:01 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

Excellent news!
10-23-2018 05:27 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2018 03:24 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  This takes us from a solid NIT team to a possible NCAA team especially with this group of starters. Again...if we can get a little consistency shooting from the outside we could be a dangerous team. This will also give us time to develop the younger bigs on the team.

How??

We weren’t an ncaa tourney team last year and neither transfer is anywhere near as good as stith or porter.

I know you guys love to “win the offseason”, but we still have some HUGE front court question marks. If either of these guys is a stiff we still have a huge hole to fill in the starting lineup.

Glad he got the waiver, now let’s see what he and the other 7 footer can do before we make any grand proclamations.
10-23-2018 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
(10-23-2018 05:01 PM)Fatmonarch Wrote:  
(10-23-2018 03:41 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  

Pilot article says he has "sophomore eligibility" so he has 3 years.

As of TODAY that is true but as I said above be patient.
10-23-2018 06:54 PM
Advertisement

Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(10-23-2018 06:17 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(10-23-2018 03:24 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  This takes us from a solid NIT team to a possible NCAA team especially with this group of starters. Again...if we can get a little consistency shooting from the outside we could be a dangerous team. This will also give us time to develop the younger bigs on the team.

How??

We weren’t an ncaa tourney team last year and neither transfer is anywhere near as good as stith or porter.

I know you guys love to “win the offseason”, but we still have some HUGE front court question marks. If either of these guys is a stiff we still have a huge hole to fill in the starting lineup.

Glad he got the waiver, now let’s see what he and the other 7 footer can do before we make any grand proclamations.

Dajour is an inside threat and he is every bit as good offensively as Trey. Dajour can get stronger. Plus with Kithcart and a few others we can be a very dangerous team. Like I said if all goes well this season I can see us being in a good position to be a NCAA team this year. I always look at things realistically and this team has the potential on paper. With a little consistency from the outside shooting the ball and some defensive toughness from Dajour we have the pieces in place.
10-23-2018 08:54 PM
Obiwan Offline
1st String

Funny how good news still has a hard time passing through hard heads.. l
10-23-2018 09:32 PM
DaBigBlue Online
Heisman

Good news for everyone. Glad Providence helped our NCAA compliance office in getting this done.
10-23-2018 10:26 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

(10-23-2018 08:54 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(10-23-2018 06:17 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  

How??

Dajour is an inside threat and he is every bit as good offensively as Trey. Dajour can get stronger. Plus with Kithcart and a few others we can be a very dangerous team. Like I said if all goes well this season I can see us being in a good position to be a NCAA team this year. I always look at things realistically and this team has the potential on paper. With a little consistency from the outside shooting the ball and some defensive toughness from Dajour we have the pieces in place.

First of all you have no way of knowing that whatsoever. He’s playing against no one in practice so even if you’ve seen those, it’s meaningless.

Secondly, with our very mediocre schedule yet again this year, it once again means we will most likely need to win CUSA to get in, something we’ve never once done. I’m sure someone will convince me it’s great but it looks very similar to last year’s schedule and I just don’t see the high end signs yet wins anywhere to be found.

We might have a couple of chances but I highly doubt we win those games with such a brand new mix of players early.

Finally, I’m glad dickens is eligible and I’m glad we will at least have a chance this year, but anyone who sees this team as an at large right now with the weak schedule and the massive question marks in the front court is absolutely kidding themselves, just like you were last year.

I’ve been right every single season about jones teams not being NCAA tourney teams and I have little to no doubt about this team again this year for a variety of factors.

We won 25 games last year and didn’t sniff the NCAA tourney. This year’s team is NOT better than last year’s and only the most irrational, least knowledgable fans would argue against that at THIS exact point in time.

But please, tell me why I’m wrong so I can laugh at you all for the sixth season in a row lol.
10-23-2018 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.