UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Uptown Stadium Update?
hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
Uptown Stadium Update?
Any updates on when we can expect to see updated renderings and an official groundbreaking ceremony? It's been pretty quiet since the city voted to close the roads about a month ago. I thought the new designs were supposed to come out last month?

I know they're doing utility work now, but I want to see bulldozers and cranes out there!
10-01-2018 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Uptown Stadium Update?
The project has not even gone for bid much less completed design. Folks need to be patient. Let's follow the legal bid process and do it right. Lord knows every aspect will be scrutinized.
10-02-2018 07:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I tweeted at one of the BBJ writers and he said they haven't heard anything, either.
10-02-2018 07:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I've been in design for smaller projects over a year while working on another. Just sayin'
10-02-2018 07:49 AM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-02-2018 07:49 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I've been in design for smaller projects over a year while working on another. Just sayin'

We just want a purdy picture of a stadium to drool over, Pawwwl.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 08:01 AM by UABslant.)
10-02-2018 08:00 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Not me. Lol. Not doing this one. Wish I was. I think people would feel better having oversight that they know. I’m still on a high profile one now that demanded it. ;-)
10-02-2018 08:32 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
At what point in the bid / design process will fans be able to get some concrete ideas of what improved features / amenities for fans the new stadium will provide?
10-02-2018 04:29 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
I heard Councilor Steven Hoyt say on WJLD-AM this morning that construction on the new stadium will begin sometime in December of this year.
10-03-2018 10:15 AM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(10-02-2018 04:29 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  At what point in the bid / design process will fans be able to get some concrete ideas of what improved features / amenities for fans the new stadium will provide?

As soon as the final designs & renderings are completed by the architects. If construction is to begin in December that would likely be sometime in November/early December.
10-03-2018 12:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.