Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Uniform issue
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Uniform issue
I don't mind the gold top, except it is literally Kent State's top!! We have a certain number style with Nike and for these golds they have us generic jersey style numbers. Trash these uni's01-lauramac2

If gold pants came with these and they are the same style as our other pants, then we can go blue. blue, gold as a 1990's tribute. Even a gold mask on the helmets is a nice touch.

Toledo wearing gold tops: 2016 NIU (loss), 2016 BYU (loss), 2018 Miami (loss)
09-16-2018 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
RE: Uniform issue
(09-16-2018 10:16 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I don't mind the gold top, except it is literally Kent State's top!! We have a certain number style with Nike and for these golds they have us generic jersey style numbers. Trash these uni's01-lauramac2

If gold pants came with these and they are the same style as our other pants, then we can go blue. blue, gold as a 1990's tribute. Even a gold mask on the helmets is a nice touch.

No we don't. We wear whatever Nike tells us to wear. We no longer have a 'certain style' when it comes to our jerseys
09-16-2018 10:23 AM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I Root For: Toledo
(09-16-2018 10:23 AM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 10:16 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I don't mind the gold top, except it is literally Kent State's top!! We have a certain number style with Nike and for these golds they have us generic jersey style numbers. Trash these uni's01-lauramac2

No we don't. We wear whatever Nike tells us to wear. We no longer have a 'certain style' when it comes to our jerseys

We didn't even really have one back in the nineties. We had a normal border on the home jerseys and a drop shadow on the roads.
09-16-2018 10:28 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

What do you mean? The style we have is the number style on our blue and white uniforms. Slightly Itallic and spacey. Idk if its only Toledo's but its the font on those jerseys which should have been on these golds. These golds are Kent State uniforms with "Toledo" on the front. Nike did create them but we didn't have to approve the cheap looking alternate. We could have told them to make us nice one's that match our other "style." Maybe it takes longer for them to make? Who cares. Create them in the off season then.

J-BO picks the uniform combo's for each game. Nike would have never told us to go blue/gold helmet, grey top, blue pants in the bowl game. WE chose that combo to show off how many things we can do to get recruits. It backfired. No fault but coaches/equipment who chose to do that.
09-16-2018 10:28 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(09-16-2018 10:28 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

What do you mean? The style we have is the number style on our blue and white uniforms. Slightly Itallic and spacey. Idk if its only Toledo's but its the font on those jerseys which should have been on these golds. These golds are Kent State uniforms with "Toledo" on the front. Nike did create them but we didn't have to approve the cheap looking alternate. We could have told them to make us nice one's that match our other "style." Maybe it takes longer for them to make? Who cares. Create them in the off season then.

J-BO picks the uniform combo's for each game. Nike would have never told us to go blue/gold helmet, grey top, blue pants in the bowl game. WE chose that combo to show off how many things we can do to get recruits. It backfired. No fault but coaches/equipment who chose to do that.

Who's J-BO? Never bring up those trash bowl uniforms again.
09-16-2018 10:41 AM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2018 10:41 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 10:28 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Who's J-BO? Never bring up those trash bowl uniforms again.
Head of EQ football/basketball. Big bald guy with the beard. Nice guy.
But coaches either tell him, or players vote (not sure). He and Candle have the final say.
09-16-2018 10:48 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Uniform issue
Don’t critique the uniform in Twitter. They only want positive comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-16-2018 01:53 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2018 10:28 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  ...What do you mean?...

I mean that, with Under Armor and now Nike, we change up the style practically every year so that we no longer have a certain style that makes you think, "This is Toledo I'm watching."
09-16-2018 01:58 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2018 01:53 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  Don’t critique the uniform in Twitter. They only want positive comments

Ha! They blocked me once because I gave a sarcastic response to a video they posted that was a big video production that made a big deal about the FB freshman going to the bookstore to buy books before the school year. I then tweeted at Paul Helgren, showing him pictures of me at UT games all over the country, and was like, you're seriously going to block a UT fan who goes to more games than almost anyone else? All because i think it's stupid they're making a big deal about freshman buying books??
09-16-2018 02:03 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2018 02:03 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  
(09-16-2018 01:53 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  Don’t critique the uniform in Twitter. They only want positive comments

Ha! They blocked me once because I gave a sarcastic response to a video they posted...

That’s not a good look. The official Toledo football twitter account lost its blue verified badge for some reason, so we’re like the only FBS program without a verified twitter account. Not sure what’s going on there.
09-16-2018 03:51 PM
UTROCKET Offline
Water Engineer

I completely agree!! The uniforms looked awful and were a complete generic nike model. We did not need the Toledo word mark on the front. (its already on the pants (totally not needed either) I thought Nike actually cared about us with the kinda unique sleeve design. These gold uniforms should have looked exactly like our current Nike ones (rocket on the collar and current sleep design)

I was completely disappointed in Nike/ UT equipment. We are a top mid major program and it's time for Nike to start treating us like one. They need to come to campus and get a sense of our community/traditions.

I would love to have a gothic uniform similar to Northwestern that pays homage to our campus. I also think our sleeve design should mimic the design of the top of the belltower. We need a uniform that is UNIQUE and pays homage to the university. Please do better Nike
09-16-2018 04:16 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Ha! They blocked me once because I gave a sarcastic response to a video they posted that was a big video production that made a big deal about the FB freshman going to the bookstore to buy books before the school year. I then tweeted at Paul Helgren, showing him pictures of me at UT games all over the country, and was like, you're seriously going to block a UT fan who goes to more games than almost anyone else? All because i think it's stupid they're making a big deal about freshman buying books??
They posted a video with a Drake or Kanye song that was taken down for misuse.
09-16-2018 04:35 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2018 04:35 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

They posted a video with a Drake or Kanye song that was taken down for misuse.

Other schools, including I think Bama and Georgia, have had their accounts suspended for that type of stuff.
09-16-2018 06:39 PM
Advertisement

TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

I would assume UT had plenty of input when it came to the Yellow jerseys. I mentioned it in another thread, but my sons HS team (Plant HS) is a Nike school. Nike worked with Plant to incorporate the team motto, “Always a Link”...the new jerseys have a chain mail look on the sleeves to represent that link. Plant is a well know HS program, but UT has to carry more clout than them...I would hope.
09-17-2018 07:39 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Nike uses those extra large knee pads. Don't like.
09-17-2018 07:52 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-17-2018 07:39 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  

I would assume UT had plenty of input when it came to the Yellow jerseys. I mentioned it in another thread, but my sons HS team (Plant HS) is a Nike school. Nike worked with Plant to incorporate the team motto, “Always a Link”...the new jerseys have a chain mail look on the sleeves to represent that link. Plant is a well know HS program, but UT has to carry more clout than them...I would hope.

Too bad you can't send Putnam UT's way. Wished the Rockets could have gotten a commit from Gordon.
09-17-2018 08:07 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2018 08:07 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(09-17-2018 07:39 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  

Too bad you can't send Putnam UT's way. Wished the Rockets could have gotten a commit from Gordon.

No kidding...he is a mauler. I have no idea where he will end up. I keep hearing Auburn or FSU. FSU may be losing steam given their start to the season. Plant lost to Armwood 2 weeks ago 21-18 and their entire offensive line was bigger than Putnam. They started 8 Soph, one who was a 6’6 330 DT. UT needs to keep working that Armwood pipeline...they have some dudes!
09-18-2018 07:03 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
I keep track of some Bay area players.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018 07:31 AM by Boca Rocket.)
09-18-2018 07:30 AM
Springboromark Offline
All American

(09-16-2018 04:16 PM)UTROCKET Wrote:  

I completely agree!! The uniforms looked awful and were a complete generic nike model. We did not need the Toledo word mark on the front. (its already on the pants (totally not needed either) I thought Nike actually cared about us with the kinda unique sleeve design. These gold uniforms should have looked exactly like our current Nike ones (rocket on the collar and current sleep design)

I was completely disappointed in Nike/ UT equipment. We are a top mid major program and it's time for Nike to start treating us like one. They need to come to campus and get a sense of our community/traditions.

I would love to have a gothic uniform similar to Northwestern that pays homage to our campus. I also think our sleeve design should mimic the design of the top of the belltower. We need a uniform that is UNIQUE and pays homage to the university. Please do better Nike

Give me blue tops and gold pants anytime. On the road, I will take white tops with the gold pants. PLEASE NO YELLOW HELMETS, THEY SUCK
09-18-2018 09:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.