Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

****OFFICIAL GAME WEEK THREAD Tulsa at Texas 9/8****
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
Exclamation ****OFFICIAL GAME WEEK THREAD Tulsa at Texas 9/8****
Tulsa opens as 3 td+ underdogs.

Texas looks like Texas of last year, so I like Tulsa's chances. They lost to Maryland last year and their performance level didnt really change much from that game till the last.

Tulsa looked better on defense and solid on offense vs uca. The O-line, which was suppose to be our strongest unit, played a bad game. Hopefully they come out angry and play much better. If Tulsa is efficient, gets rid of the turnovers this offense could really improve through out the year with experience and comfort that comes from game situations.

Think TU comes out fired up, with our offensive mistakes mostly worked out. Defense steals the show though with a couple turn overs and limiting Texas offensive 3rd down conversions.

Tulsa 35
Texas 17
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 03:09 PM by Foreverandever.)
09-04-2018 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: ****OFFICIAL GAME WEEK THREAD Tulsa at Texas 9/8****
This game smells like 2010 Notre Dame. Which would mean a dogfight with wild plays and us having a chance to win.

I sure hope we get a win, but it will be tough. I'd say it's going to he closer than anyone not from Oklahoma thinks it will be.
09-05-2018 07:52 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(09-05-2018 07:52 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  This game smells like 2010 Notre Dame. Which would mean a dogfight with wild plays and us having a chance to win.

I sure hope we get a win, but it will be tough. I'd say it's going to he closer than anyone not from Oklahoma thinks it will be.

That's how I feel about it. We should be fired up, half our team is Texan so there is pride there and a bunch are from Oklahoma so there is hate there lol.

But I think we can tack on a late score to put it out of reach rather than holding on.

Really need our lines on both sides to make plays. Think we'll be surprised how good we can be when that's the case.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018 03:22 PM by Foreverandever.)
09-06-2018 11:16 AM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

https://www.burntorangenation.com/footba...prediction

Preview of our game coming up with Texas, the Underdawg guy seemed to only have box score knowledge. The Texas writer had some good questions. The fan comments at the bottom are interesting. One calls the UD guy for calling out our defense after giving up less than 250 yards and 0-10 on 3rd down.

The UD guy thinks Texas will just be to big and strong for us. I really hope our O-line just goes off.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018 03:21 PM by Foreverandever.)
09-06-2018 03:21 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(09-06-2018 03:21 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  https://www.burntorangenation.com/footba...prediction

Preview of our game coming up with Texas, the Underdawg guy seemed to only have box score knowledge. The Texas writer had some good questions. The fan comments at the bottom are interesting. One calls the UD guy for calling out our defense after giving up less than 250 yards and 0-10 on 3rd down.

The UD guy thinks Texas will just be to big and strong for us. I really hope our O-line just goes off.

People think the Texas lines will just push us around. But I looked up the starters for Texas and we're about the same size as them on both lines. Maybe even a tad heavier. Now our 2-deep maybe be a little smaller, I don't know, but that doesn't make as big of a difference.
09-06-2018 03:43 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(09-06-2018 03:43 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  
(09-06-2018 03:21 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  https://www.burntorangenation.com/footba...prediction

People think the Texas lines will just push us around. But I looked up the starters for Texas and we're about the same size as them on both lines. Maybe even a tad heavier. Now our 2-deep maybe be a little smaller, I don't know, but that doesn't make as big of a difference.

Yeah I hope Player is healthy. I really feel like he is going to be something special and will want to make an impression after being overlooked in his home state.

I doubt Texas will be expecting him, a strong game from Player could really throw a wrench in their offensive scheme. Keeping possession and getting third down stops will keep our d-line fresh. The word is that our defensive line has some real depth this year too so maybe there will be less drop off there than previous seasons.
09-06-2018 04:41 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

A struggle early seemed like we really finished strong.

Seems we escaped with out any big injuries which is a big deal.

Special teams has had some issues we have to get figured out.

It could be a building block game or just some false hope. Still a better feeling than we had going on to end last year, so that is a nice positive.
09-10-2018 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.