Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nonprofit press conference
Bookmark and Share
Brillio Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Nevada & GCU
Nonprofit press conference
Just watching the press conference about officially moving back to nonprofit status.. made me want to open up the can of worms.. what’s Crow going to say about scheduling us now in the future? Are we going to see any games this season?
07-02-2018 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
RE: Nonprofit press conference
Looking into the crystal ball:

- GCU MBB will have ASU on the schedule within the next 3 years
- GCE will take over educational services for ASU LAW in the next 5 years
07-02-2018 12:48 PM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

(07-02-2018 12:48 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Looking into the crystal ball:

- GCU MBB will have ASU on the schedule within the next 3 years
- GCE will take over educational services for ASU LAW in the next 5 years
I'd put some money down on both of those claims. Can't wait until GCU and ASU start playing on a regular basis.
07-03-2018 11:05 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
07-10-2018 09:37 AM
Advertisement

Lopes87 Offline
1st String

(07-10-2018 09:37 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/non...n-10580235

There is a running feud between Mueller and Arizona State University President Michael Crow, who has criticized GCU’s entrée into NCAA Division 1 athletics. So far, the two universities have not met in D1 competition because ASU has refused to schedule games against the for-profit school located in its backyard.

This was the case but its now cooling down and ASU and GCE are in talks

The dual position for Mueller is interesting but its not like he gained extra work. They just kept the non profit and for profit sides separated plus he took a pay cut of 50%.

Lastly if Purdue can do it why cant GCU?
07-10-2018 11:04 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
(07-10-2018 11:04 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  
(07-10-2018 09:37 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/non...n-10580235

There is a running feud between Mueller and Arizona State University President Michael Crow, who has criticized GCU’s entrée into NCAA Division 1 athletics. So far, the two universities have not met in D1 competition because ASU has refused to schedule games against the for-profit school located in its backyard.

This was the case but its now cooling down and ASU and GCE are in talks

The dual position for Mueller is interesting but its not like he gained extra work. They just kept the non profit and for profit sides separated plus he took a pay cut of 50%.

Lastly if Purdue can do it why cant GCU?
You keep saying Purdue is doing what GCU is doing and that is a total lie. I'm not sure your just ignorant or just want to ignore the facts but the facts are your school is not really a non-profit and lot's of people are recognizing that. Your deity Mueller is playing a shell game. Does Purdue have a shell company that provides every single service on campus for non-profit Purdue? NO. Purdue purchased an online school and is managing that. Other than that their is no similarities in the structure of Purdue university and Grand Canyon.
07-10-2018 05:50 PM
Brillio Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Nevada & GCU
Honestly, you care more about this than I do..
07-11-2018 08:43 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Ah, yes. The bastion of excellence in journalism known as the Phoenix New Times. Why wouldn't anyone wholly accept every word written by the same publication that generated the finest 710 Guide you will find? Tell me, did the Onion not have anything written up on the GCU nonprofit transition that you could share along with this article?
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018 01:00 AM by gleadley.)
07-11-2018 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.