CFN 2018 CUSA Football Preview
Bookmark and Share
beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: marshall
RE: CFN 2018 CUSA Football Preview
(06-27-2018 04:28 PM)Fish Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 08:15 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 06:24 AM)goliath74 Wrote:  Yes, one thing I totally don't understand is how everyone just expects FIU to slide back down. Why? Yes, they lose a lot on the offensive side of the field but they keep bringing in top recruiting classes and strong transfers. In addition to that, they have a really successful coach. I don't think anyone in the division should be looking at the FIU game and circling that date as a sure "W". We (FAU), certainly shouldn't.

New recruits and transfers most of the time do not equal instant upgrade, takes time to mesh and heck, a good portion of the times those pieces don't live up to the potential, whether they don't mesh well with the system, the existing players, it just happens. Looks good on paper, sometimes that's as far as it goes. Marshall is facing the same thing with the QB position, BUT what we had back there left alot to be desired, so an upgrade or status quo has a higher % of happening then trying to replace a very good player like Cato was. FIU is replacing alot, FAU kinda is but has a stronger supporting cast, similar to Marshall this coming season.

I see many people saying FIU is losing a lot on offense, but are we really? Yes, losing McGough is big, but other than him, we lose 1 WR, who missed the last four games of the season anyway, and 1 of our RB by committee. Our entire O-line returns and the rest of the RBs and WRs. We are losing more on defense, but as others have pointed out, we certainly have recruited that area well. Whatever. I would imagine playing the "underdog" role is easier than being fed "rat poison."

Losing your QB, especially a good one and McGough was very good last year, is big. The defense losses will hurt even more. You guys recruited well, but it usually takes a year or two to get those players into performing as a unit mode. That's why you are projected to take a step back, and it is arguable. I think FIU could sneak into a bowl honestly. Marshall faces the same QB issue, but our QB was not the greatest and we don't lose that much in the starting units on both sides of the ball, the biggest reason they project us to not take a step back and maybe a step forward. Its the overall picture, not just a piece here or there.
06-28-2018 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: CFN 2018 CUSA Football Preview
Per Bleacher Report, Florida Atlantic has the 5th best backfield in all D-1 FBS.

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Co...19486226_1
07-01-2018 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.