Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Eric Greitens Resigns As Missouri Governor
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Eric Greitens Resigns As Missouri Governor
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/politics/...index.html

This might hurt Claire McCaskill's bid for re-election. If Greitens had continued to fight the bi-partisan effort to get him to step down, I thought McCaskill was in decent shape. But Greitens stepping down is a win for McCaskill's GOP competitor, current Missouri AG Josh Hawley. It's still going to be a close race, either way.
05-29-2018 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
RE: Eric Greitens Resigns As Missouri Governor
(05-29-2018 05:07 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/politics/...index.html

This might hurt Claire McCaskill's bid for re-election. If Greitens had continued to fight the bi-partisan effort to get him to step down, I thought McCaskill was in decent shape. But Greitens stepping down is a win for McCaskill's GOP competitor, current Missouri AG Josh Hawley. It's still going to be a close race, either way.

Maybe someone could die leaving Claire McCaskill a clear path?
05-29-2018 05:22 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
It looks as if its possible that the court ruling yesterday about releasing the information from his "charity" might have played a role in this.

This probably neither helps nor hurts Hawley significantly . What it does do is that it probably removes a potential risk that could blow up.

I am aware that the DSCC just dropped 7 figures on attack ads on Hawley, referencing his ties to Greitens.
05-29-2018 05:24 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(05-29-2018 05:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  It looks as if its possible that the court ruling yesterday about releasing the information from his "charity" might have played a role in this.

This probably neither helps nor hurts Hawley significantly . What it does do is that it probably removes a potential risk that could blow up.

I am aware that the DSCC just dropped 7 figures on attack ads on Hawley, referencing his ties to Greitens.

I'm not following. Where's the LGBTABCXYZ angle in the story?
05-29-2018 05:30 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Investigation into former Missouri governor who resigned finds 'no evidence of any wrongdoing'

(CNN)A Missouri panel "found no evidence of any wrongdoing" by former Gov. Eric Greitens following a nearly 18-month investigation into allegations of misconduct by his 2016 gubernatorial campaign, according to a report released Thursday, even as investigators faulted his campaign for failing to report legal in-kind contributions by two groups.

Those contributions came in the form of television and radio ads that attacked Greitens' rivals in the Republican primary, funded by the outside group LG PAC, and a series of polls conducted in 2017 on behalf of the Greitens campaign but paid for by his not-for-profit entity, A New Missouri.
As part of the Missouri Ethics Commission's ruling, Greitens agreed that his campaign would amend its reports to reflect the in-kind contributions and pay roughly $178,000 in fees to the commission.
But while Greitens bears ultimate responsibility for his campaign's errors, the commission said, it "found no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of Eric Greitens, individually, and no evidence that Governor Greitens knew of the two reporting violations."
In a statement to CNN, Greitens said he felt "vindicated" by the commission's ruling.
02-13-2020 05:46 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Prog filth lose again.
02-13-2020 05:53 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-13-2020 05:53 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Prog filth lose again.

And again and again ad nauseum.

They are like masochists. Please hurt me some more master...
02-13-2020 06:20 PM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-13-2020 05:53 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Prog filth lose again.

Except they won the battle this time , forcing Greitens to step down at the time.
02-14-2020 07:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Couple things.

1. He's ultimately responsible for his campaign, no?
2. There was also a sexual misconduct aspect to his resignation.

Quote:The woman who alleges that Missouri Governor Eric Greitens took a non-consensual photo of her – and threatened to release it if she told anyone about their affair – testified under oath before a Missouri House committee, alleging that Greitens groped her without consent, forced her to perform oral sex and hit her on several occasions. Her testimony was made public on Wednesday.

Though Greitens admitted to the extramarital affair, he has maintained he did not commit a crime, chalking the indictment up to partisan hardball from “a reckless liberal prosecutor.” ­
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/po...ns-627630/

But I find this part quite interesting. Sound anything like the SOP of anyone we know? 03-wink

Quote:"This ordeal has been designed to cause an incredible amount of strain on my family," he said. "Millions of dollars of mounting legal bills, endless personal attacks designed to cause maximum damage to family and friends. Legal harassment of colleagues, friends and campaign workers and it's clear that for the forces that oppose us, there is no end in sight. I cannot allow those forces to continue to cause pain and difficulty to the people that I love."
02-14-2020 10:23 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
So, a republican admits to an extra marital affair, and Tom schiffs his pants.

In the meantime, he hasnt said a word on VA democratic governor blackface and the democratic sexual predators that were next in line to be governor.

Perhaps if you numbnuts got rid of sexual assaulter Perez, the democratic Iowa cuckus wouldnt have been such a cluster.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020 10:45 AM by UofMstateU.)
02-14-2020 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.