Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic
Bookmark and Share
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic
Kickoff Classic Tripleheader

Quote:Northern Illinois athletic director Sean Frazier has reached out to organizers of the annual Chicago High School Kickoff Classic with hopes of bringing the football tripleheader to Huskie Stadium in DeKalb, the Tribune has learned.

An agreement could come as early as Friday at a meeting between NIU officials and representatives of the event, sources said.

. . .

Lockport versus Providence, St. Laurence versus Benet and Mount Carmel versus Hope Academy.

. . .
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2018 08:45 AM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
05-11-2018 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic
Any time we can get high school players and their parents into Huskie Stadium it's a good thing. I hope Sean is able to close the deal on this.
05-11-2018 12:39 PM
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
RE: Northern Illinois Close to Agreement to Host Chicago High School Kickoff Classic
Good idea. I hope we get it.
05-11-2018 02:35 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-11-2018 12:39 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Any time we can get high school players and their parents into Huskie Stadium it's a good thing. I hope Sean is able to close the deal on this.

I noticed Mt. Carmel (with you know who as their coach) would be one of the teams slated to appear. I believe it would be 6 teams in all so not a bad advertisement for us.
05-11-2018 02:42 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

05-11-2018 09:30 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
Good job Frazier...the man is working. #MNIUGA
05-11-2018 09:50 PM
Advertisement

thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

The experience of hosting the IHSA playoffs (4 games a day) helps quite a bit.
05-11-2018 10:25 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
And it’ll be played in perfectly August weather, as opposed to the usually frigid state final games.
05-11-2018 10:33 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Yes!!!! Great opportunity to showcase NIU to guests and potential students/athletes and families to Dekalb. Good revenue opportunity as well. Go Huskies! Glad we got it over Toyota Park.....
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2018 01:18 AM by BDB5yp.)
05-12-2018 01:11 AM
StevenNIU Offline
1st String

This helps show people that Dekalb is not as far as they think it is.
05-12-2018 04:54 AM
schaden Offline
Bench Warmer

Perfect! Grass roots. Shows commitment to the Illinois community.
05-12-2018 11:19 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
This is absolutely fabulous news. STF deserves a raise, contract extension, and a Nobel prize for this. Well, maybe we should hold off on the Nobel prize until next March after NIU gets into a NY6 bowl and the basketball team gets to the Big Dance!
05-12-2018 11:29 AM
schaden Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-12-2018 11:29 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  This is absolutely fabulous news. STF deserves a raise, contract extension, and a Nobel prize for this. Well, maybe we should hold off on the Nobel prize until next March after NIU gets into a NY6 bowl and the basketball team gets to the Big Dance!

We need madawg back. Dogfan responses are too predictable.
05-12-2018 11:37 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(05-12-2018 11:37 AM)schaden Wrote:  
(05-12-2018 11:29 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  This is absolutely fabulous news. STF deserves a raise, contract extension, and a Nobel prize for this. Well, maybe we should hold off on the Nobel prize until next March after NIU gets into a NY6 bowl and the basketball team gets to the Big Dance!

We need madawg back. Dogfan responses are too predictable.

Madawg will be back the moment Childers completes one deep ball. As the lone Childers supporter last year, MD's patiently waiting for that one "I told you so" moment for #15 in the 2018 season.
05-12-2018 12:00 PM
machoman83 Offline
2nd String

I would love to have maddawg back on this board too. It’s been too long. He’s a real fan even if we might not agree with him all the time
05-12-2018 02:24 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
MD and Nigel are both insane, but its nice to see some whacky viewpoints. They should both be allowed back.
05-12-2018 03:50 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(05-12-2018 02:24 PM)machoman83 Wrote:  I would love to have maddawg back on this board too. It’s been too long. He’s a real fan even if we might not agree with him all the time

Why would we want to go back to having every thread highjacked? I, for one, disagree.
05-12-2018 03:52 PM
62423dp Offline
Special Teams

An excellent get by the NIU admin.
Don’t underestimate Uremovich (along with Jordan) connections with Catholic league getting this to NIU.

Bad look for the Bears to have this being played basically in George McCasky’s backyard.

This should be an awesome day of football. Major coup.
05-12-2018 08:19 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-12-2018 02:24 PM)machoman83 Wrote:  I would love to have maddawg back on this board too. It’s been too long. He’s a real fan even if we might not agree with him all the time

+ infinity. MD needs to come back. I miss him a lot. He should have never been booted off.
05-12-2018 08:41 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(05-12-2018 08:41 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

+ infinity. MD needs to come back. I miss him a lot. He should have never been booted off.

Stupid he got booted off....what the Hell happened to freedom of speech? That man disrespected noone on this board. A few select a holes got him booted.
05-12-2018 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.