Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: 2018 Spring Roster is up
(05-14-2018 11:44 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 07:06 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 06:37 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 04:33 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 03:41 PM)StevenNIU Wrote:  ESPN ran an article about impact transfers for next season and this is what they had to say about JJ:

Jawuan Johnson, LB, TCU: Don't be surprised if Johnson is one of the more important defensive transfers for 2018. He had a breakout season last fall for Northern Illinois, recording five interceptions, five forced fumbles and 18 tackles for loss, as well as 98 total tackles. TCU loses leading tackler Travin Howard, and Johnson, who also drew interest from Alabama, should fit in very well.

Wow, I am impressed if Bama was interested.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think his decision to leave is short sited. Is he afraid that he can’t share the spotlight with Sutton Smith? Sutton is already getting a First Round grade and he doesn’t have to transfer to get noticed. Huskies will have a tons of scouts attention and a great schedule coming up. If you want to go in the first round..... Go Big against Florida State, Utah, Iowa, BYU(Heck that’s what Jimmie Ward did).If he wanted to transfer, last year would been the year to do it. Not this one.03-banghead
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-...hedule.php

Much more impressive schedule don't you think? Dont' you think JJ thought this out? Not from your point of view, but his?

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, but don’t you think if he’s First Round talent he can go first round out of NIU?

He's not going to go in the first round because of what school he plays for, he's going later because he's a 218 lb linebacker. He's a tweener just like Smith. But smith can move to LB. Johnson has no where to move to.
05-15-2018 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(05-15-2018 12:21 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 11:44 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 07:06 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 06:37 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 04:33 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  Wow, I am impressed if Bama was interested.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think his decision to leave is short sited. Is he afraid that he can’t share the spotlight with Sutton Smith? Sutton is already getting a First Round grade and he doesn’t have to transfer to get noticed. Huskies will have a tons of scouts attention and a great schedule coming up. If you want to go in the first round..... Go Big against Florida State, Utah, Iowa, BYU(Heck that’s what Jimmie Ward did).If he wanted to transfer, last year would been the year to do it. Not this one.03-banghead
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-...hedule.php

Much more impressive schedule don't you think? Dont' you think JJ thought this out? Not from your point of view, but his?

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, but don’t you think if he’s First Round talent he can go first round out of NIU?

He's not going to go in the first round because of what school he plays for, he's going later because he's a 218 lb linebacker. He's a tweener just like Smith. But smith can move to LB. Johnson has no where to move to.

Yea, there a CMU player that was picked #1 a few years back. Eric Fisher, I think. Pretty sure he played in the MAC. If you're that good the scouts generally know it, regardless of what conference.
05-16-2018 08:44 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
If you are a 1st rounder the NFL will find you. If you are NFL worthy the teams will find you. I'm not saying that the conference doesn't matter but there have been more than enough picks in the upper echelon of the draft from non power five conferences to make it a mostly moot point.
05-16-2018 11:30 AM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(05-16-2018 11:30 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  If you are a 1st rounder the NFL will find you. If you are NFL worthy the teams will find you. I'm not saying that the conference doesn't matter but there have been more than enough picks in the upper echelon of the draft from non power five conferences to make it a mostly moot point.

Not disagreeing with you but easier to find in big 12.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-16-2018 05:23 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(05-16-2018 05:23 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(05-16-2018 11:30 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  If you are a 1st rounder the NFL will find you. If you are NFL worthy the teams will find you. I'm not saying that the conference doesn't matter but there have been more than enough picks in the upper echelon of the draft from non power five conferences to make it a mostly moot point.

Not disagreeing with you but easier to find in big 12.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would think you'd be easier to find in the MAC because you would stick out more.
05-21-2018 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.