Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I am a solutions kind of guy......
Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: I am a solutions kind of guy......
(03-18-2018 01:36 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 07:57 AM)Old Blue Wrote:  
(03-13-2018 12:11 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  I don't know if it all falls on Wood, but someone clearly dropped the ball on the stadium. It's interesting that Bobby Wilder expects all of the construction to take place between November 2018 and September 2019, and yet no plans have been released to the public.

If they have to hide the plans, they can't be good.

Agreed, expect the "bait & switch" any day now. No way they tear down and build in one year. Simply put, can't be done.

Cheap erector sets can be erected quickly 03-lmfao 04-cheers

Well if that's the case, the "bait & switch" has already occurred, and I wasn't paying attention.
03-18-2018 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Because I'm a solutions kind of guy.........if Marshall were to win and go to the sweet 16, how much would our cut from cusa be and would it be enough to buy out jones and hire a suitable replacement because they are all over the place right now.
03-18-2018 08:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heisman

Well nevermind about that lol.
03-18-2018 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
odu09 Offline
Heisman

(03-18-2018 08:56 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Because I'm a solutions kind of guy.........if Marshall were to win and go to the sweet 16, how much would our cut from cusa be and would it be enough to buy out jones and hire a suitable replacement because they are all over the place right now.
Whatever it is it gets divided by all 14 of us or however many schools there are.

Sent from my SM-G920V using CSNbbs mobile app
03-19-2018 06:58 AM
ODU True Blue Online
All American

(03-12-2018 09:34 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 09:20 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 11:53 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 10:51 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 10:28 PM)Pushing70 Wrote:  
Just to be clear: You would rather play only MEAC schools so we can win every non conference game?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between "only play MEAC schools" and "only play big-name opponents on the road." And as a whole, ODU threads that needle pretty well most seasons. This year, with VCU and Richmond crapping out, St. Bonaventure backing out of a series and a Charleston tournament that could have provided two bona fide powers but because of the Temple loss resulted in crappy Indiana State and down Dayton, the schedule was compromised.

I think short of adding a buy game at a powerhouse in place of a tomato can at home, the scheduling philosophy is fine, this season notwithstanding.

I am fairly certain that if they put their egos aside and worked really hard to get a 2 for 1 against some P5 team, they could find one to play us.

Looking at the ACC alone:

UVA played @VCU
UNC played @Davidson
Miami played @George Washington and @Hawaii
Notre Dame played @DePaul and @Delaware
Boston College played @Hartford
Georgia Tech played @Wofford
Wake Forest played @Charlotte and @Coastal Carolina

The last two wouldn't have helped our schedule this year, but yes, getting P5 schools at the Ted can be done. I still think we take a buy game and use that money to improve our schedule either through travel (expand our OOC footprint) or paying a P5 to come to the Ted rather than a 2 for 1 and get nothing out of it.

Someone in the AD has to still have a relationship with Shaka Smart, Brad Brownell, or Jim Larranaga.

Do you ever do research?
VCU, Davidson & George Washington are all in the A-10 a conference that usually gets multiple bids. They got 4 schools in a few years back.

DePaul is in a little itty bitty conference you might have heard of, called the BIG EAST. That conference has won a few national championships if I recall.

It is easier to sell your schedule to alums if the road games are against schools in a good conference or have history. And right now we don't have history. 7 years since we last danced. That is ancient history to most in the basketball world.

With all the connections we seemingly have with UVA we can't even get them to play us. I'd rather play good A-10 teams on a home and home right now. Anything except more frickin MEAC teams, or CAA teams not named Waste Management.
03-19-2018 11:25 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

If you call W&M Waste Management and they beat us every year, doesn't that make us trash?
03-19-2018 11:30 AM
ODU True Blue Online
All American

(03-19-2018 11:30 AM)odu09 Wrote:  If you call W&M Waste Management and they beat us every year, doesn't that make us trash?

No just recyclables.
03-19-2018 06:44 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(03-19-2018 11:25 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 11:53 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 10:51 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Just to be clear: You would rather play only MEAC schools so we can win every non conference game?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between "only play MEAC schools" and "only play big-name opponents on the road." And as a whole, ODU threads that needle pretty well most seasons. This year, with VCU and Richmond crapping out, St. Bonaventure backing out of a series and a Charleston tournament that could have provided two bona fide powers but because of the Temple loss resulted in crappy Indiana State and down Dayton, the schedule was compromised.

I think short of adding a buy game at a powerhouse in place of a tomato can at home, the scheduling philosophy is fine, this season notwithstanding.

I am fairly certain that if they put their egos aside and worked really hard to get a 2 for 1 against some P5 team, they could find one to play us.

UVA played @VCU
UNC played @Davidson

The last two wouldn't have helped our schedule this year, but yes, getting P5 schools at the Ted can be done. I still think we take a buy game and use that money to improve our schedule either through travel (expand our OOC footprint) or paying a P5 to come to the Ted rather than a 2 for 1 and get nothing out of it.

Someone in the AD has to still have a relationship with Shaka Smart, Brad Brownell, or Jim Larranaga.

Do you ever do research?
VCU, Davidson & George Washington are all in the A-10 a conference that usually gets multiple bids. They got 4 schools in a few years back.

DePaul is in a little itty bitty conference you might have heard of, called the BIG EAST. That conference has won a few national championships if I recall.

It is easier to sell your schedule to alums if the road games are against schools in a good conference or have history. And right now we don't have history. 7 years since we last danced. That is ancient history to most in the basketball world.

With all the connections we seemingly have with UVA we can't even get them to play us. I'd rather play good A-10 teams on a home and home right now. Anything except more frickin MEAC teams, or CAA teams not named Waste Management.

So what you are saying is that you are in agreement... we need to get to the A10.

You didn't chime in, but I assume that is how you voted?

https://csnbbs.com/thread-845434.html
03-22-2018 08:26 AM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(03-19-2018 11:30 AM)odu09 Wrote:  If you call W&M Waste Management and they beat us every year, doesn't that make us trash?

I’m calling it now. We are going to kick their teeth in next year at the Ted. The players and coaches will know how much it means. I was at “the Kap”/high school gym for their miracle shot. And it hurt beyond belief. Caver, Stith, Porter and others will remember. I pray they schedule it on a Saturday.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018 08:00 PM by ODUDJ96.)
03-22-2018 07:59 PM
FearTheLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
It's beyond time to get back on a 15-1 run against them. The way normal times would have it.
03-22-2018 08:16 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(03-22-2018 08:16 PM)FearTheLion Wrote:  It's beyond time to get back on a 15-1 run against them. The way normal times would have it.

04-cheers I would bet my house next year is game one in the streak. Let’s return the universe to its normal order:)
03-22-2018 08:21 PM
ODU True Blue Online
All American

(03-22-2018 08:26 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 11:53 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  I'm pretty sure there's a middle ground between "only play MEAC schools" and "only play big-name opponents on the road." And as a whole, ODU threads that needle pretty well most seasons. This year, with VCU and Richmond crapping out, St. Bonaventure backing out of a series and a Charleston tournament that could have provided two bona fide powers but because of the Temple loss resulted in crappy Indiana State and down Dayton, the schedule was compromised.

UVA played @VCU
UNC played @Davidson

Do you ever do research?

So what you are saying is that you are in agreement... we need to get to the A10.

No. The A-10 has lost the only premier schools they had to the Big East. And it will never return to it's glory of just a few years ago.

It will sink to a 1 bid league with the rare 2 bids. Why leave for a conference headed down. All those games that big schools played at A-10 schools were scheduled before the bottom fell out. Wait a couple of years, you will see this soon to be bad league stops getting ACC teams at home. Why would UVA [or insert any ACC school] play at VCU or Richmond anymore when they can play the good former A-10 teams in the best non-P5 league in the country, the Big East?
03-27-2018 01:55 PM
Heisman

(03-27-2018 01:55 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  
(03-22-2018 08:26 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 09:20 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  I am fairly certain that if they put their egos aside and worked really hard to get a 2 for 1 against some P5 team, they could find one to play us.

UVA played @VCU
UNC played @Davidson

Do you ever do research?

No. The A-10 has lost the only premier schools they had to the Big East. And it will never return to it's glory of just a few years ago.

It will sink to a 1 bid league with the rare 2 bids. Why leave for a conference headed down. All those games that big schools played at A-10 schools were scheduled before the bottom fell out. Wait a couple of years, you will see this soon to be bad league stops getting ACC teams at home. Why would UVA [or insert any ACC school] play at VCU or Richmond anymore when they can play the good former A-10 teams in the best non-P5 league in the country, the Big East?

And you think cusa is a conference on the rise??? lol

The a10 is WAY better than cusa and it's not even close, especially if we join the league and then leave cusa.
03-27-2018 10:02 PM
ODU True Blue Online
All American

2016-2017 A-10 was 8th in Conference RPI. CUSA was 15 spots behind them at 23.

This year A-10 was 11th, CUSA was only 3 spots behind at 14. You tell what that trend says.
03-28-2018 03:30 AM
Monarchblue Online
Heisman

Ah, the old one season trend.
03-28-2018 09:31 AM
ODU True Blue Online
All American

(03-28-2018 09:31 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Ah, the old one season trend.

True. But all trends start some where. I don't see the A-10's going up any time soon.
03-28-2018 09:48 AM
ODUBB35 Online
Heisman

(03-28-2018 09:48 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 09:31 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Ah, the old one season trend.

True. But all trends start some where. I don't see the A-10's going up any time soon.

But having CUSA's top teams lose their best coaches and players makes it hard for our upward trend to continue.
03-28-2018 09:52 AM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

(03-28-2018 03:30 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  2016-2017 A-10 was 8th in Conference RPI. CUSA was 15 spots behind them at 23.

This year A-10 was 11th, CUSA was only 3 spots behind at 14. You tell what that trend says.

Not sure its a trend though. The A10 had a crappy year and still got three teams in the NCAA. CUSA had a pretty good year and still only got one.
03-28-2018 09:56 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-28-2018 09:56 AM)monarx Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 03:30 AM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  2016-2017 A-10 was 8th in Conference RPI. CUSA was 15 spots behind them at 23.

Not sure its a trend though. The A10 had a crappy year and still got three teams in the NCAA. CUSA had a pretty good year and still only got one.

Davidson got in because they won the tourney. The Bonnies got in because they were able to con their way into a good RPI.

I don't think either of those teams are better than MTSU or Western Kentucky. I'm not sure Rhode Island and MTSU would be all that different.
03-28-2018 11:12 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(03-28-2018 11:12 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 09:56 AM)monarx Wrote:  

Davidson got in because they won the tourney. The Bonnies got in because they were able to con their way into a good RPI.

I don't think either of those teams are better than MTSU or Western Kentucky. I'm not sure Rhode Island and MTSU would be all that different.

It's interesting that you left ODU - who finished 2nd in CUSA - out of your statement. Not saying that I disagree with you. Just saying that it is interesting.
03-28-2018 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.