UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I don't have a problem with games being broadcast on Facebook.
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I don't have a problem with games being broadcast on Facebook.
I think that is the trend of the future. Especially for non power 5 conferences. It gives those teams exposure.

But please by god, stop with the posting pics of your dog, split screen to other games that are readily available if you want to watch them. Quit with the inane chatter.

That was absolutely horrible.
03-09-2018 12:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

iam4uab Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: I don't have a problem with games being broadcast on Facebook.
Agreed! I had the other game on...I didn’t need a second broadcast team calling it because they got bored with their game.

I do like the format though.
03-09-2018 12:12 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
I would think as they get bigger/more known, they’ll stop the cheesy stuff like that. But yes, I’m all aboard the “Facebook Streaming” train.
03-09-2018 12:12 AM
BlazerPhil Online
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
I'm good with it, if anyone can tell me how to update my Flash player on my TV ?
03-09-2018 12:22 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Games broadcast on Facebook is the equivalent as UAB Football playing games at the Hoover Met. It's a joke. Especially when they're produced and staffed by students. That's fine for a few games during the regular season that wouldn't get picked up on TV anyway, but for the conference tournament it's absolutely embarrassing

The future may be watching things on the Internet, but specifically on Facebook is trash, and without a decent app for every single platform, it's trash. The future of TV is apps on devices, so give us apps on devices.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018 08:32 AM by mixduptransistor.)
03-09-2018 08:31 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
You can turn off the comments so you don't have to look at them.
03-09-2018 08:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

quality was fine. I really didnt like the play by play or color guy. Ive had a much easier time with this than ESPN 3
03-09-2018 08:59 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-09-2018 08:59 AM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  quality was fine. I really didnt like the play by play or color guy. Ive had a much easier time with this than ESPN 3

If you follow the sexy linkage without signing in to Facebook, you get pretty much nothing but the broadcast.

Really disliked the broadcast guys. Some of the "banter" went beyond stupid into outright creepy.
03-09-2018 09:13 AM
JeffUAB Offline
Special Teams

(03-09-2018 09:13 AM)58-56 Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 08:59 AM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  quality was fine. I really didnt like the play by play or color guy. Ive had a much easier time with this than ESPN 3

If you follow the sexy linkage without signing in to Facebook, you get pretty much nothing but the broadcast.

Really disliked the broadcast guys. Some of the "banter" went beyond stupid into outright creepy.

Yeah, that cheerleader uniform thing was... uncomfortable.
03-09-2018 12:29 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-09-2018 12:22 AM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  I'm good with it, if anyone can tell me how to update my Flash player on my TV ?

Check your TV's manual, or Google it up. Probably be smart to check for updates to both software and firmware.
03-09-2018 12:31 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I watched the women’s game yesterday and I thought the quality of the broadcast was good. Plus, I was able to watch it at an undisclosed location.
03-09-2018 12:35 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I noticed that Facebook had two distinct broadcasting models going. One (our game) had the touchy feely "we're all buddies watching a game together, hey show me your pictures" model. The other was the more traditional analyst and play by play model.

Maybe this was on purpose and they were testing which would work better. I think the comments section made it clear how the fans felt.
03-09-2018 12:38 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(03-09-2018 12:38 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I noticed that Facebook had two distinct broadcasting models going. One (our game) had the touchy feely "we're all buddies watching a game together, hey show me your pictures" model. The other was the more traditional analyst and play by play model.

Maybe this was on purpose and they were testing which would work better. I think the comments section made it clear how the fans felt.

You act like "Facebook" had anything to do with this. Facebook didn't choose any models....Stadium did.
03-09-2018 12:48 PM
bftb Online
Go Blazers!

I have now watched three Facebook Live games....the UAB-MTSU game a few weeks back, then the last two UAB tournament games. The first one was the worst of the three, though they had Doug Gottlieb calling the game. The game got out of hand pretty quickly, but even before that they were talking about just about anything but the game itself. And they were trying to turn it into an interactive social media event, begging people to post their Instagram photos and showing them on the screen (over the game). Last night's game was fairly similar to that. Maybe it's just an appeal to millennials.

The first round game was a pretty decent broadcast. The announcers are pretty bad, but they were at least calling the game, and their banter was usually focused on the game, or at least on basketball in general.

I agree that this kind of streaming broadcast is where the future is heading, but they need to understand we tuned in to watch basketball and not listen to them yap. It was embarrassing.
03-09-2018 12:50 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(03-09-2018 12:38 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  One (our game) had the touchy feely "we're all buddies watching a game together, hey show me your pictures" model.

As noted above, the cheerleader-uniform stuff was getting into "So Laura, got any nudes?" territory.
03-09-2018 01:03 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Watching that broadcast was like watching a two hour sonic commercial with those annoying guys in the car.
03-09-2018 01:13 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I listened to Crane for the first half last night. I watched the inside of my eyelids for the 2nd half.
03-09-2018 01:19 PM
BlazerPhil Online
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-09-2018 12:31 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 12:22 AM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  I'm good with it, if anyone can tell me how to update my Flash player on my TV ?

Check your TV's manual, or Google it up. Probably be smart to check for updates to both software and firmware.

Yup, I did both. I now have a call into the manufacturer. Now I've got until football season before I'll need it again.
03-09-2018 01:30 PM
iam4uab Offline
All American

(03-09-2018 08:31 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Games broadcast on Facebook is the equivalent as UAB Football playing games at the Hoover Met. It's a joke. Especially when they're produced and staffed by students. That's fine for a few games during the regular season that wouldn't get picked up on TV anyway, but for the conference tournament it's absolutely embarrassing

The future may be watching things on the Internet, but specifically on Facebook is trash, and without a decent app for every single platform, it's trash. The future of TV is apps on devices, so give us apps on devices.

MLB to stream games on FB

Sure, it’s just a handful of games, but they are testing the model.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 09:39 PM by iam4uab.)
03-11-2018 09:38 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

There is definitely a trend. In the 1980’sm the big schools were on networks. UAB and other schools like that were relegated to ESPN. Then ESPN got big and focused on the big schools and UAB was relegated to CSN, CBS Sports and ESPNU. Then UAB was relegated to ESPN3 and other online streaming sources. Now we are relagated to Facebook. As soon as this becomes big, bigger schools will take it over and we will be looking at something else.
03-11-2018 09:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.