Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Banned From Board
Bookmark and Share
niu1980 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
Banned From Board
Moderators, please ban me for life from this board, I beg you.

I have tried controlling my impulse to check this board for factual updates and fun conversations about Huskie athletics and spirited conversation with positive constructive thoughts that could move Huskie athletics forward only to continually find nothing but complaints, criticisms, excuses for not attending games (wrong day, wrong team, too early, too late, too cold, too hot, wrong food, too expensive, too inexpensive, the sun is in my eyes, and oh the AD stands in the wrong spot of the arena or talks to the wrong people because you know he is not talking to me) and of coarse excuses for not donating or cutting donations (you have read all the reasons I don’t need to list them here, do I?). Which all leads to not supporting the student athlete, you know the people criticized on this board for being too slow, too short, not performing on the field or floor to our lofty expectations despite their sweat and effort while, oh yea, going to school and trying to maintain or obtain good to great grades. Let me not forget the posters who claim to be the parent of a player only to share brutal criticism of a coach, you know the person who extended your child a scholarship, you know the scholarship that saves your family thousands of dollars paid for by every athletic donor and every family that pays for the opportunity to attend NIU.

Please moderators save me from myself and allow me to go back to just enjoying Huskie athletics which was all I wanted to do in the first place
03-03-2018 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

RE: Banned From Board
04-bow04-cheers04-bow
03-03-2018 01:02 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

Great post. Sometimes I wonder if some people really even support the programs. Even if things went exactly how you'd like, would you be at every game? At least a few?
03-03-2018 01:13 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I'd suggest you start a positive thread as opposed to a critical thread if you're complaint is too much negativity. I agree there's always too much complaining here. But any program, player, or coach at this level is open to evaluation. Good or bad.
03-03-2018 01:19 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

(03-03-2018 01:19 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I'd suggest you start a positive thread as opposed to a critical thread if you're complaint is too much negativity. I agree there's always too much complaining here. But any program, player, or coach at this level is open to evaluation. Good or bad.

Evaluate away as long as there is some support there as well. Best way to be heard is to attend events and speak to the powers that be. These kids work their butts off and if we are fans of the program, let's actually support them as well.
03-03-2018 01:24 PM
niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(03-03-2018 01:19 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I'd suggest you start a positive thread as opposed to a critical thread if you're complaint is too much negativity. I agree there's always too much complaining here. But any program, player, or coach at this level is open to evaluation. Good or bad.

Thank you for your feedback.
03-03-2018 01:25 PM
Advertisement

BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(03-03-2018 12:56 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  Moderators, please ban me for life from this board, I beg you.

I have tried controlling my impulse to check this board for factual updates and fun conversations about Huskie athletics and spirited conversation with positive constructive thoughts that could move Huskie athletics forward only to continually find nothing but complaints, criticisms, excuses for not attending games (wrong day, wrong team, too early, too late, too cold, too hot, wrong food, too expensive, too inexpensive, the sun is in my eyes, and oh the AD stands in the wrong spot of the arena or talks to the wrong people because you know he is not talking to me) and of coarse excuses for not donating or cutting donations (you have read all the reasons I don’t need to list them here, do I?). Which all leads to not supporting the student athlete, you know the people criticized on this board for being too slow, too short, not performing on the field or floor to our lofty expectations despite their sweat and effort while, oh yea, going to school and trying to maintain or obtain good to great grades. Let me not forget the posters who claim to be the parent of a player only to share brutal criticism of a coach, you know the person who extended your child a scholarship, you know the scholarship that saves your family thousands of dollars paid for by every athletic donor and every family that pays for the opportunity to attend NIU.

Please moderators save me from myself and allow me to go back to just enjoying Huskie athletics which was all I wanted to do in the first place

01-ncaabbs 04-rock oh......so there are still people that enjoy Huskie Athletics.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2018 01:25 PM by BDB5yp.)
03-03-2018 01:25 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
I honestly think that is the just the world today and keeps getting worse. Even in the business world, people ***** more now over anything. A lot of people on here could get free season tickets and still would complain about something.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2018 02:18 PM by HuskiePride12.)
03-03-2018 02:13 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

What do you say when a NIU players fouls a Ball State player taking a 3 point jump shot with .5 seconds left on the shot clock last night? Good foul or what the blank are you thinking? Good coaching or bad coaching? High basketball IQ or no clue what was going on?
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2018 04:51 PM by NIU75.)
03-03-2018 04:49 PM
niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(03-03-2018 04:49 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  What do you say when a NIU players fouls a Ball State player taking a 3 point jump shot with .5 seconds left on the shot clock last night? Good foul or what the blank are you thinking? Good coaching or bad coaching? High basketball IQ or no clue what was going on?

I was critical at the moment of the big who committed the foul and shared that with a friend at the game. However I don’t yell that out at the game and I would not come on this board and be critical of that player. Here is one reason why. I would have been wrong. I happened to have the opportunity to learn from someone who would know exactly what happened on that play. The big was brought in to cover the inbound pass and the players are taught in practice how to immediately switch on the throw in to prevent the big from guarding that same player who was a guard who shot the desperation three. While he should not have fouled the shooter he was put in an awkward situation because another player did not do his job.

My point is I don’t go to practice, I don’t know what is taught and how it is taught. I don’t know each players ability to comprehend what they are taught and to execute it. I don’t know the coaches abilities or what conversations have taken place between him and his boss about his performance so I would not come on this board and say the AD doesn’t care about winning or is afraid to let a coach go. I don’t know all the financial implications and would not come on this board and talk like I know.

I do know that I want coaches and administrators who eventually want to move on for bigger and better things because that guarantees to me that they want to win and graduate students. They may fail in the process but that’s life and athletics.
03-03-2018 05:51 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(03-03-2018 05:51 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  
(03-03-2018 04:49 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  NIU player fouls a Ball State player taking jump shot with .5 seconds left? Good foul or what are you thinking? Good or bad coaching? High basketball IQ or no clue?
(had) opportunity to learn from someone exactly what happened on that play. The big was brought in to cover the inbound pass and the players are taught in practice how to immediately switch on the throw in to prevent the big from guarding that same player who was a guard who shot the desperation three. While he should not have fouled the shooter he was put in an awkward situation because another player did not do his job.
...don’t go to practice, don’t know players ability to comprehend what taught and to execute, don’t know the coaches abilities or conversations between him and his boss about his performance so I would not come on this board and say the AD doesn’t care about winning or is afraid to let a coach go. I don’t know all the financial implications and would not come on this board and talk like I know....want coaches and administrators who want to move on for bigger and better things...

Here's what some who have questions or concerns learned from your response: 1) a player did not do his job which 2) put a teammate in the awkward situation of 3) fouling the shooter. He should not have fouled the shooter because 4) he was a big trying to stop a desperation three since 5) a teammate did not switch as he was 6) taught in practice when 7)a big is brought in to 8) only cover the inbound pass. Even if you're not at practice, you clearly accepted that all of the above was taught in practice.
You then go on to question knowing if the players recruited by this coach can comprehend or execute what they're taught. Or you wonder about the coaches' abilities to teach the players. You also feel unclear about conversations relative to performance between the coach and his boss.
Go ahead and bring out the old fogy emojis, etc., but NIU has had far better coaches and administrators who were paid far less and succeeded far more. It's fair to assume not a single coach or administrator doesn't desire to make a bigger and better move, win and graduate players. However, to a growing number of NIU fans, there have been seven years for a coach to recruit his type of players and instruct them for a different outcome? So some question the skill and ability to improve -- not the heart -- of the athletes. Others wonder about the coach or the AD because of the direction (or perhaps plateauing) of the program. So, at what point would you advocate for change?
03-03-2018 06:53 PM
Advertisement

huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

All is perfect with NIU atheletics.
A+ for everyone.
Everyone gets a trophy.
03-03-2018 10:11 PM
niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(03-03-2018 06:53 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(03-03-2018 04:49 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  NIU player fouls a Ball State player taking jump shot with .5 seconds left? Good foul or what are you thinking? Good or bad coaching? High basketball IQ or no clue?
(had) opportunity to learn from someone exactly what happened on that play. The big was brought in to cover the inbound pass and the players are taught in practice how to immediately switch on the throw in to prevent the big from guarding that same player who was a guard who shot the desperation three. While he should not have fouled the shooter he was put in an awkward situation because another player did not do his job.
...don’t go to practice, don’t know players ability to comprehend what taught and to execute, don’t know the coaches abilities or conversations between him and his boss about his performance so I would not come on this board and say the AD doesn’t care about winning or is afraid to let a coach go. I don’t know all the financial implications and would not come on this board and talk like I know....want coaches and administrators who want to move on for bigger and better things...

Here's what some who have questions or concerns learned from your response: 1) a player did not do his job which 2) put a teammate in the awkward situation of 3) fouling the shooter. He should not have fouled the shooter because 4) he was a big trying to stop a desperation three since 5) a teammate did not switch as he was 6) taught in practice when 7)a big is brought in to 8) only cover the inbound pass. Even if you're not at practice, you clearly accepted that all of the above was taught in practice.
You then go on to question knowing if the players recruited by this coach can comprehend or execute what they're taught. Or you wonder about the coaches' abilities to teach the players. You also feel unclear about conversations relative to performance between the coach and his boss.
Go ahead and bring out the old fogy emojis, etc., but NIU has had far better coaches and administrators who were paid far less and succeeded far more. It's fair to assume not a single coach or administrator doesn't desire to make a bigger and better move, win and graduate players. However, to a growing number of NIU fans, there have been seven years for a coach to recruit his type of players and instruct them for a different outcome? So some question the skill and ability to improve -- not the heart -- of the athletes. Others wonder about the coach or the AD because of the direction (or perhaps plateauing) of the program. So, at what point would you advocate for change?

I know it was taught at practice. Appreciate the fact that you must think I am significantly younger than you to assume I would throw the old fogy phrase in your face. Been following the Huskies for over 40 years so I have seen the ups and downs in both basketball and football and remember when there was a men’s gymnastics team and a national champion women’s badminton team. I am unhappy with the lack of progress of the current men’s basketball program but I would never come on this board and call the AD a moron like some have done or pretend that I have more information than the AD does in deciding when the plug should be pulled on the coach.
03-04-2018 12:02 AM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(03-03-2018 06:53 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  

I am starting to question coaching and player understanding of the game at the college level as a whole in the last seconds of a game.

I have seen numerous teams with 4+ point leads attack the ball in the last couple seconds all season. Marquette did it yesterday on a 3 and anyone who saw Virginia score 5 points in .9 seconds to beat LVille will understand. It's like the hail mary at the end of a football game. I just wonder how often coaches run these scenarios in practice. Do kids pay attention and comprehend even if the shot is made you can't lose.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018 10:50 AM by randyfensfanclub1.)
03-04-2018 10:50 AM
niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(03-03-2018 10:11 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  All is perfect with NIU atheletics.
A+ for everyone.
Everyone gets a trophy.

Is that what I said?
03-04-2018 11:11 AM
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
Banned From Board
There is always an ignore function, and myself and lord stanley are always open to discussion through private messages. It is the preferred method of speaking with us, rather than public displays of displeasure...

This is a public sports forum with its own TOS, we have to follow it same as you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
03-04-2018 11:45 AM
Advertisement

niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(03-04-2018 11:45 AM)Stay Cool Wrote:  There is always an ignore function, and myself and lord stanley are always open to discussion through private messages. It is the preferred method of speaking with us, rather than public displays of displeasure...

This is a public sports forum with its own TOS, we have to follow it same as you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Stay Cool but the banning request was a poor attempt at sarcasm.
03-04-2018 01:09 PM
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

Way too long to read many of these posts but grow up. Every fan base has negativity. It's fanatics . They care and don't want everything to be happy go lucky. If our athletics aren't performing we should vent. We want more from NIU. *,%&# off

Niu1980 = Sean Frazier? Everything is all good with niu
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018 12:08 AM by JRsec.)
03-04-2018 04:00 PM
niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(03-04-2018 04:00 PM)NIUfrank Wrote:  Way too long to read many of these posts but grow up. Every fan base has negativity. It's fanatics . They care and don't want everything to be happy go lucky. If our athletics aren't performing we should vent. We want more from NIU. F,uck off

Niu1980 = Sean Frazier? Everything is all good with niu

Niu frank, thanks for the inappropriate feedback and showing your true colors.
03-04-2018 04:21 PM
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

My pleasure.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2018 07:07 PM by NIUfrank.)
03-04-2018 07:06 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.