WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Goombye to snow?
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Goombye to snow?
Extended forecast shows next 10 days with above freezing temps-and plenty of sun. Should melt the snow we have now.

We going to get another March Michigan Surprise before Spring officially arrives? Thoughts?
02-14-2018 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Goombye to snow?
Sure, we’ll get another couple shovel-worthy snows in March. Always do. But by then, it tends to melt and be gone within a couple days.

It’s around this time when we start seeing that light at the end of the tunnel. Days are getting noticeably longer. We’ve entered the “4th quarter” of winter’s game.
02-15-2018 08:26 AM
BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
Thank God Gentleman. I don't know about anybody else, but these winter's seem to be getting longer and worse, the older we get!!!!
02-15-2018 07:08 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Here in the Saginaw Valley we don't get as much as those of you in SW Michigan do.

But we get enough, had to shovel seven times in eight days.

I don't mind if it isn't more than a few inches (which we haven't had this winter).

My doctor calls it "Exercise with a purpose."

However our driveway is at least 25' long and two car-garage wide (plus we have a sidewalk leading to front door), so if we get several inches, as we did couple years ago, can be tough for this 60-something year old to handle it all, even with help of my beautiful-wonderful wife.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018 06:29 PM by MajorHoople.)
02-16-2018 05:32 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(02-16-2018 05:32 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Here in the Saginaw Valley we don't get as much as those of you in SW Michigan do.

But we get enough, had to shovel seven times in eight days.

I don't mind if it isn't more than a few inches (which we haven't had this winter).

My doctor calls it "Exercise with a purpose."

However our driveway is at least 25' long and two car-garage wide (plus we have a sidewalk leading to front door), so if we get several inches, as we did couple years ago, can be tough for this 60-something year old to handle it all, even with help of my beautiful-wonderful wife.

You may want to look into a cordless, lithium battery, snow blower.

I have a similar drive, plus a large sidewalk since I live on a corner lot. A snow blower is a necessity for me.

Bought a Sno-Joe several years ago and love it. Handles all but the heaviest snow with no problem and is still decent with the nasty stuff we get every few years.

It is only 35 lbs so is easy to move and store...and needs no gas or oil.

Worth a look. Give one to your wife for an anniversary present. She'll love it!
02-17-2018 08:10 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-14-2018 04:13 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  Extended forecast shows next 10 days with above freezing temps-and plenty of sun. Should melt the snow we have now.

We going to get another March Michigan Surprise before Spring officially arrives? Thoughts?

Interesting reading this post from February 14, asking if winter was over. 03-lmfao

Here we are, April 14, winter still going strong.
04-14-2018 12:57 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
04-14-2018 01:05 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-14-2018 01:05 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  http://www.lbtsevents.com/live-beach-webcam

Ah yes. I remember the constant weather bragging when I used to be active on Facebook. Whenever someone posted something about a bad winter weather event, the southern transplants would race to post screenshots of their forecasts to show how great ‘they’ have it.
04-14-2018 01:13 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(04-14-2018 01:13 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(04-14-2018 01:05 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  http://www.lbtsevents.com/live-beach-webcam

Ah yes. I remember the constant weather bragging when I used to be active on Facebook. Whenever someone posted something about a bad winter weather event, the southern transplants would race to post screenshots of their forecasts to show how great ‘they’ have it.

Actually I was with my youngest and her environmental group doing beach clean up today. It was too hot for middle of April.
04-14-2018 03:40 PM
Advertisement

okgc Offline
Heisman

Meanwhile today April 14th many of us are under a Winter Storm WARNING.

Quote:.WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Freezing rain is expected tonight. Wind gusts to 40 mph
through this evening. Total ice accumulations of two tenths to
four tenths of an inch are expected.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018 03:47 PM by okgc.)
04-14-2018 03:45 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Good day to watch the NBA. Hope the Tigers can get the games in tomorrow.Two weeks from today it's suppose to be in the 70's in Kalamazoo.
04-14-2018 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.