Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters
Quote:The latest development in the ongoing war between the White House and the FBI is that the Trump administration is now proposing to demolish the Hoover Building on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, D.C., that serves as FBI headquarters, and to replace it with a new building.

It is a prime piece of real estate. Perhaps Trump can figure out a way to save the taxpayers some money by putting a hotel, condo, or office building on the property, and moving the FBI to somewhere less expensive, like the Virginia or Maryland exurbs, or to some job-thirsty rustbelt location.

https://www.futureofcapitalism.com/2018/...adquarters

Comments: Perfect time to build a northern Alaska FBI office for the special special agents.

03-lmfao
02-12-2018 11:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: Trump Proposes Demolishing FBI Headquarters
Spread these federal agencies out. Why do they all have to be in DC area?
02-13-2018 12:37 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-13-2018 12:37 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Spread these federal agencies out. Why do they all have to be in DC area?

This. If you spread them out, you just might expose them to how the rest of the country feels and put a dent in the Beltway bureaucrat mentality.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 07:08 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
02-13-2018 07:03 AM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(02-13-2018 12:37 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Spread these federal agencies out. Why do they all have to be in DC area?

Fully agree with this. If you spread these agencies out they could stimulate poorer states economy. Like FEMA headquarters should be in Little Rock, Arkansas.
02-13-2018 07:21 AM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Maybe the FBI can be moved to Chicago or Detroit - those two cities seem to be prime spots for FBI interaction anyway.

But this story says they just want to move it across the street (but perhaps make it a big smaller and split up the employees between this new building and Quantico). They have already spent quite a bit of money figuring out where to put the new headquarters. I guess if they save money on a new building then the money already spent won't have been wasted.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/trump-admi...dquarters/
02-13-2018 07:30 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-13-2018 07:03 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

This. If you spread them out, you just might expose them to how the rest of the country feels and put a dent in the Beltway bureaucrat mentality.

03-thumbsup every single day and the eighth one.....
02-13-2018 07:39 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Eh, there's been a decade old plan to move the FBI headquarters. Why not just tear it down and build new?

Quote:The GSA and FBI have asked for full federal funding of the construction project, which is estimated to cost $3.3 billion. A move to Maryland or Virginia would have reportedly cost $3.57 billion.

The J. Edgar Hoover Building — located a block away from the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC — has needed to be demolished for quite some time, according to officials.

“Crumbling facades, aging infrastructure, physical, structural and security limitations in the degraded facility all are severely impeding the FBI’s ability to meet its critical law enforcement and national security missions,” the GSA explained in a statement. “The work of the FBI requires a modern and secure headquarters with technology and equipment to support the men and women of the FBI who are dedicated to keeping our country safe.”
02-13-2018 09:05 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Hopefully they can build something that lasts longer than 40 years...
02-13-2018 09:14 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Plus the Hoover Building is butt-ugly.
02-13-2018 10:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.