ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTSA
Lion Pride Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ODU
RE: UTSA
Find all of the conversation on BJ's technical humorous. Don't see the big deal, certainly not enough to equate it into the issues we see in society. It was a one off and he was caught in the heat of the moment. Certainly a mistake and I imagine he regrets it, but it's not like it's a habitual thing for him or anyone on the team. JJ did the right thing to pull him in my opinion to help make a point, but to make this the talking point of a good win and a fun night at the Ted is going too far. Time to get back to relishing the win and looking to the next one.
02-16-2018 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Jones would have pulled him for a couple minutes and put him back in later. But, it was a blowout. Nothing really much to it. BJ messed up, was punished, and we move on.
02-16-2018 12:53 PM
mac Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Lion Pride, just what I've been thinking all day! We beat a team that has been really hot lately by 38 flipping points and scored 100 doing it. All the while, being the 8th ranked team in the whole NCAA in scoring defense, yet again holding the opponent to our season average of 62 ppg.

And again, congrats to BJ. Not just 36 points, he also got ten rebounds to boot. Tremendous game by him and the whole team. We put on a shooting clinic last night.
02-16-2018 12:55 PM
bit_9 Offline

Haha, this board is neurotic. =]

high5 fans! hell of a game. Let's hope we repeat that performance tomorrow and finish out the year with 90+ pts per game.
02-16-2018 01:01 PM
T-Mac Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
Man! 27 pages and 25 of them are not in reference to how awesome we played last night. That's a shame. We, as Monarch fans, should be ridiculously pumped about how well the team is playing right now.
02-16-2018 01:40 PM
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

“My porridge is too hot!”
02-16-2018 03:35 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

Last nights game was a lot of fun. I really wish Green had managed to throw that dunk down though...I didn't think what BJ did after the dunk was that bad, but he also did deserve to get chewed out over it. I think we all care a lot more about it than either he or JJ or anyone else on the team...Great seeing McClinton out there. He didn't look like he was moving all that well, but that's understandable and a (hopefully) big step for him the grand scheme of things.
02-16-2018 05:30 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
I have season tix but watched the game from home (and watched the replay of the dunk/tech). BJ gave him a stare for one or two seconds more than he should have - but I didn’t think he deserved a technical. He certainly didn’t disrespect him verbally. Refs taking the fun out of the game. A poster dunk like that should allow the player to give his opponent a stare for two or three seconds.
02-16-2018 09:04 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
One other observation: UTSA went right at Godwin both times early on when he entered the game (before garbage time). And both times his opponent easily blew by him. He needs to continue to focus on defense and I’m sure he will. Although he seems to play well in the 1-3-1 zone - not so much in MTM. But I’m sure he will be ready next year when he sees more meaningful minutes.
02-16-2018 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.