Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What grinds your gears?
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: What grinds your gears?
(06-10-2020 11:20 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Just bag it up yourself for about a week or so, then deliver them a little treat

Considering taking a stroll and following them and doing exactly that.
06-10-2020 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(06-10-2020 11:22 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(06-10-2020 11:20 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Just bag it up yourself for about a week or so, then deliver them a little treat

Considering taking a stroll and following them and doing exactly that.

I suggest using the following technique for maximizing 'spread'...

[Image: GM3V.webp]

edit: finally got home to real device....jfc...

#smartphonesMyArse
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020 10:52 PM by stinkfist.)
06-10-2020 11:29 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

It's much more satisfying to potty train the owner. Just rub his/her nose in it while holding a rolled up newspaper (with a lead pipe in it) and they'll learn!

Dog owners in Auburn have taken to bagging the crap, but leaving the bag in your yard for you to dispose of. In that case hanging the bag around the owners neck is also an effective training mechanism.
06-10-2020 12:41 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
The whole sitting on the back deck with a sling shot is a thought. My wife says no.

Doesn't matter.. Come July I won't have to deal with that anymore.
06-10-2020 12:44 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I think you guys jinxed me. Yesterday I was watering my potted plants and lo and behold there were two little piles of Shiff on my fake grass. It had to be a cat because my backyard is fenced and I have a gate. The gate though is wrought iron and is spaced so maybe a little dog did it. I doubt it though, it had to be a cat. Grrrrrr!
06-18-2020 12:24 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
People that troll and deflect and then report others that call them out.
06-18-2020 03:48 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(06-18-2020 03:48 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  People that troll and deflect and then report others that call them out.

Damn! Your gears are past grinding, they've seized! That's SOP for a lot of drive by lefties on this board.
06-18-2020 04:15 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(05-11-2020 03:47 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 03:10 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 02:05 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 10:34 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 10:26 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Geopolitical strategist George Freeman, formerly founder of STRATFOR, has a new book out, The Storm Before the Calm, which I am reading on the recommendation of Vandiver. Friedman sees a current struggle between intellectual experts and their theoretical constructs versus common sense and their practical ideas, which he thinks will come to a head some time in the next decade. It’s an interesting thesis. I think this CV-19 event has exposed a lot of that.

I’m reminded of a Yogi Berra-ism, “In theory, theory works in practice. In practice, it doesn’t.”

w/o reading said thesis, here's a caveat from the 'field'..

municipality tax rev is neg....city layoffs are imminent/happening....po' are everywhere waiting to pounce...liquor store inventory is depleate...etc...

#violenceAndSuicide

...who'd a thunk it...
It's a crazy think Stinky. Two weeks ago all I heard about was meat shortages. Friday was at the local Wally World and they had more meat than I've seen in awhile.

I'm not saying we've been had, but I'm thinking there's been some hijinks played on the American people.

#dupedTTT

what I've seen over #~1mos. has been quite ze 's©ite'...

@today'sSunHasn'tSet

The damned MSM is driving, or trying to drive, panic and shortages. There was no meat shortage during the whole mess until the MSM showed Smithfield and talked about looming meat shortages. The result was every ignorant ******* in the country rushing out to buy hamburger meat. I've been to SAM's twice during this mess. On trip one (in the middle of the virus fears) I filled everything on a 27 item list except for 409 which they don't carry. I bought fresh Salmon, Sirloin Steaks, Pork Chops, and a spiral cut Ham (not a Smithfield), and Connecuh Sausage. They had toilet paper and paper towels.

The second trip 3 days after the MSM started screaming "meat shortage" the only thing they were rationing was the damned Hamburger meat. It was the same crap with TP at the onset.

What we have in the U.S., and this is the scariest thing of all, is a population in which 15% of the populace who hear "wolf" they pause, look around to see what's happening, and then they say, "I don't see any damned wolves!", and we have the other 85% who run through the streets screaming "Wolf". If you aren't panicked they run up to you and yell, "Wolf".

If we ever truly have a meat shortage, we always have the 85% which if ground up finely enough would at least make good Alpo.

Smithfield is Chinese owned.
06-19-2020 05:18 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(06-19-2020 05:18 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 02:05 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 10:34 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  w/o reading said thesis, here's a caveat from the 'field'..

municipality tax rev is neg....city layoffs are imminent/happening....po' are everywhere waiting to pounce...liquor store inventory is depleate...etc...

#violenceAndSuicide

...who'd a thunk it...
It's a crazy think Stinky. Two weeks ago all I heard about was meat shortages. Friday was at the local Wally World and they had more meat than I've seen in awhile.

I'm not saying we've been had, but I'm thinking there's been some hijinks played on the American people.

#dupedTTT

@today'sSunHasn'tSet

The damned MSM is driving, or trying to drive, panic and shortages. There was no meat shortage during the whole mess until the MSM showed Smithfield and talked about looming meat shortages. The result was every ignorant ******* in the country rushing out to buy hamburger meat. I've been to SAM's twice during this mess. On trip one (in the middle of the virus fears) I filled everything on a 27 item list except for 409 which they don't carry. I bought fresh Salmon, Sirloin Steaks, Pork Chops, and a spiral cut Ham (not a Smithfield), and Connecuh Sausage. They had toilet paper and paper towels.

The second trip 3 days after the MSM started screaming "meat shortage" the only thing they were rationing was the damned Hamburger meat. It was the same crap with TP at the onset.

What we have in the U.S., and this is the scariest thing of all, is a population in which 15% of the populace who hear "wolf" they pause, look around to see what's happening, and then they say, "I don't see any damned wolves!", and we have the other 85% who run through the streets screaming "Wolf". If you aren't panicked they run up to you and yell, "Wolf".

If we ever truly have a meat shortage, we always have the 85% which if ground up finely enough would at least make good Alpo.

Well I guess ham and Swine Flu kind of go together huh?

What grinds my gears, the endless negative media barrage. It's like a constant wall of lies that the average person doesn't have enough time in the day to debunk. And those who need convincing are too stupid to see the truth if you paint them a picture and hand them the references.
07-01-2020 09:35 PM
stinkfist Online

(07-01-2020 09:35 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(06-19-2020 05:18 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(05-11-2020 02:05 PM)gdunn Wrote:  It's a crazy think Stinky. Two weeks ago all I heard about was meat shortages. Friday was at the local Wally World and they had more meat than I've seen in awhile.

#dupedTTT

@today'sSunHasn'tSet

Well I guess ham and Swine Flu kind of go together huh?

What grinds my gears, the endless negative media barrage. It's like a constant wall of lies that the average person doesn't have enough time in the day to debunk. And those who need convincing are too stupid to see the truth if you paint them a picture and hand them the references.

when sports radio becomes political, stink comes with da finga...

the political influence relative to things I once enjoyed have 'left' the building...

its beyond freddie joe patekic at this point...
07-02-2020 07:54 AM
stinkfist Online

every bit of sports talk radio with the exception of Lincoln Kennedy....that guy has a clue..
07-19-2020 04:08 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Drive By Posters... They only come in make a comment to troll, then refuse to debate it or abandon ship.
07-27-2020 11:16 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-27-2020 11:16 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Drive By Posters... They only come in make a comment to troll, then refuse to debate it or abandon ship.

They should be banned, but....
07-27-2020 11:35 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-27-2020 11:35 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-27-2020 11:16 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Drive By Posters... They only come in make a comment to troll, then refuse to debate it or abandon ship.

No not banned.. That's not right.. But maybe lose the ignore function, ha
07-27-2020 11:39 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(07-27-2020 11:39 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

And there is the "but". By definition a troll does not contribute to the discussion of a forum, disrupts the enjoyment of others, and posts only to antagonize. That is the essence of bad behavior on any chat room. It is well within the requirement for banning.

You can't gripe about about a problem that grinds your gears and not let the required action to remedy it be implemented. That in microcosm is why the nation is suffering as it is right now. Enforce the rules and order is restored, civility is improved, and a free exchange of ideas can occur without thread after thread breaking down in coup counting attacks of one side upon the other.

The president would be within the law to end these riots and prosecute complicit mayors for obstruction of justice, reckless endangerment of the innocent public, and felonies including assault and battery and arson and felony theft.

What prohibits it? Public opinion. So don't opine about how it should be unless you support the efforts to make that so.
07-27-2020 12:01 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-27-2020 12:01 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

And there is the "but". By definition a troll does not contribute to the discussion of a forum, disrupts the enjoyment of others, and posts only to antagonize. That is the essence of bad behavior on any chat room. It is well within the requirement for banning.

You can't gripe about about a problem that grinds your gears and not let the required action to remedy it be implemented. That in microcosm is why the nation is suffering as it is right now. Enforce the rules and order is restored, civility is improved, and a free exchange of ideas can occur without thread after thread breaking down in coup counting attacks of one side upon the other.

The president would be within the law to end these riots and prosecute complicit mayors for obstruction of justice, reckless endangerment of the innocent public, and felonies including assault and battery and arson and felony theft.

What prohibits it? Public opinion. So don't opine about how it should be unless you support the efforts to make that so.
Good point, but do we have it in the AUP that states that they can't just drive by post. I know it says you have to make an effort to debate, but making a drive by post would be hard to prove.

So it can't grind my gears? 03-lmfao
07-27-2020 12:26 PM
stinkfist Online

(07-27-2020 12:26 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Good point, but do we have it in the AUP that states that they can't just drive by post. I know it says you have to make an effort to debate, but making a drive by post would be hard to prove.

G, imagine being a mod....we're all the same, pal (value)...

sometimes, it's best to let the shite hit ze fan and splay the idiocy for all to see...

jmtc... first amendment and all, Ja?!
07-27-2020 12:49 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

Do you know the difference between judgment and discernment? With judgment you form an opinion based upon what you hear or read. Discernment is knowing something because you see it in action.

Drive by's aren't hard to prove. Everyone knows them when they see them. The problem on this board is a bunch of you run with your panties in a wad the moment the AUP is enforced. So the administration carves you out a zone where only the most stringent of rules apply.

And obviously it ground your gears or you wouldn't have commented. So I stand by what I said. If you want rules enforced then you have to support their enforcement. Otherwise you have no moral authority out of which to gripe.

Or to put it more simply, governments always get more of what they subsidize and what they tolerate. Right now we subsidize idiocy and we tolerate the mob.
07-27-2020 01:03 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-27-2020 01:03 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-27-2020 11:35 AM)JRsec Wrote:  They should be banned, but....

Do you know the difference between judgment and discernment? With judgment you form an opinion based upon what you hear or read. Discernment is knowing something because you see it in action.

Drive by's aren't hard to prove. Everyone knows them when they see them. The problem on this board is a bunch of you run with your panties in a wad the moment the AUP is enforced. So the administration carves you out a zone where only the most stringent of rules apply.

And obviously it ground your gears or you wouldn't have commented. So I stand by what I said. If you want rules enforced then you have to support their enforcement. Otherwise you have no moral authority out of which to gripe.

Or to put it more simply, governments always get more of what they subsidize and what they tolerate. Right now we subsidize idiocy and we tolerate the mob.
It bugs me yes.

But on the other hand, I think a ban is too harsh of a punishment, unless this is what they do every single post.. And we have a couple. I've chosen to ignore those when I see their name attached to it. It's the ones that act as if they have some type of intellectual superiority that bug me. And that's what it is JR.. It bugs me. Grinds my gears.. It's not a complaint to you or any other MOD. Sometimes things bug me and I need to get it off my chest.
07-27-2020 02:00 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I can handle BLM & all the other dumb wokeness & Marxism going on, but the COVID lockdowns grind my gears like da fuq.
07-27-2020 09:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.