Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are the Germans losing their edge?
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Are the Germans losing their edge?
Good point. The Tiger Tanks were hell on wheels. And in true German fashion if one of the 9 wheels on a side needed to be maintained or replaced, you had to take all of them off and number them because they were all slightly different sizes. A repair that took the Americans or Russians a matter of hours in the field took days for the Germans. That was only one of dozens of issues that made mechanics the world over laugh their asses off.

You want to read some funny history, read about the tank design models that Porshe submitted to the Nazis in the late 1930's when they ultimately went with the Tiger design. Had two huge diesel engines crammed in the crew space that didn't even drive the tracks....only supplied power to an electric motor. World's 1st Prius. They couldn't even keep it from breaking down in the field tests with all the German brass in the review stands. Ended up taking the 50 or so of them they built and converted them into Rammtigers.....turretless tanks meant to knock down buildings....those didn't work either because the building fell on them and destroyed them. (Insert Benny Hill music when watching that film)
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018 10:03 PM by rath v2.0.)
01-14-2018 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
All this talk about Audi and Mercedes being over engineered, so true it haunts me, tearing those cars apart for repairs is a nightmare and the cost of parts is even worse.

Sent from my C6743 using CSNbbs mobile app
01-14-2018 11:07 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Best friend bought his wife a BMW. He is in a bad mood every time he pays for an oil change. Another friend bought his daughter a 15 year old Mercedes sedan and got rid of it after four years when the transmission started slipping.
01-15-2018 12:33 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(01-15-2018 12:33 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Best friend bought his wife a BMW. He is in a bad mood every time he pays for an oil change. Another friend bought his daughter a 15 year old Mercedes sedan and got rid of it after four years when the transmission started slipping.

Buying a used luxury car is never a good idea.
01-15-2018 11:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.