Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iowa St and Wyoming to FCS
Michael in Raleigh Offline
All American

I Root For: App State
RE: Iowa St and Wyoming to FCS
(01-08-2018 06:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(01-08-2018 06:16 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Uh, didn't Iowa State beat OU and TCU this year? And has a solid basketball program too??

And its the largest school in Iowa and its AAU. They average about 55k a game, which puts them right in the middle of the P5 and ahead of schools such as North Carolina, Virginia, Illinois, Minnesota, Cal and Colorado among others. And its about 50% better than Oregon St. and nearly double Washington St. They would be top half of ACC and Pac 12 and right in the middle of the Big 10 in attendance.

They also have 18 national championships in 4 different sports.

They're an easy target for whatever reason. They're an impressive school all around.
01-08-2018 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
I had to do a double take when I saw Iowa State's record against OU. And I thought Oklahoma State/OU's record was lopsided. Holy Hell.
01-09-2018 02:30 AM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
(01-08-2018 06:06 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  It's not April Fools Day yet.

On this board, it is. Every day.
01-09-2018 06:12 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-08-2018 11:09 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(01-08-2018 06:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(01-08-2018 06:16 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Uh, didn't Iowa State beat OU and TCU this year? And has a solid basketball program too??

And its the largest school in Iowa and its AAU. They average about 55k a game, which puts them right in the middle of the P5 and ahead of schools such as North Carolina, Virginia, Illinois, Minnesota, Cal and Colorado among others. And its about 50% better than Oregon St. and nearly double Washington St. They would be top half of ACC and Pac 12 and right in the middle of the Big 10 in attendance.

They also have 18 national championships in 4 different sports.

They're an easy target for whatever reason. They're an impressive school all around.

They also ended up with 2 wins against the top 10 and 3 against ranked teams this year-OU, TCU and Memphis.
01-09-2018 08:30 AM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Montana and Montana State could probably handle FBS, but there is one important caveat: They do not want to go. They are perfectly content being big fish in a small pond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-11-2018 11:09 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
They wouldn't be able to recruit in FBS and there's no suitable conference for them, unless the WAC is revived somehow. A possible regional team on their schedule just dropped to FCS where they are and I doubt Boise would be interested in a long term series. They would need at least 3 other teams to move up in a group and maybe convince a couple MWC to move that way, like San Jose State, Utah State or Wyoming, because they might be more competitive there than where they are. New Mexico State would also be an obvious shoe in as well.

So obviously, the Montana twins aren't moving anywhere.
01-11-2018 11:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.