Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018: Football recruiting updates before National Signing Day on 2/7
Bookmark and Share
thefaU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FloridaAtlantic
RE: 2018: Football recruiting updates before National Signing Day on 2/7
With Driskel retiring and Parr transferring, Florida Atlantic picked up 3* Dual QB Cordel Littlejohn from Roswell, GA. We definitely needed to sign a QB in this recruiting class. Welcome to paradise, Cordel!

https://twitter.com/CordiZZle_22_/status...9633333249
01-28-2018 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
I used to get all excited about recruiting and the stars etc. While I do enjoy seeing who commits at the same time unless you’re a 5 star recruit then you most likely will need coaching and solid work and you will produce. Billy with no stars could end up winning the Heisman while that 3 Star WR you had a hard on for could be nothing.

I’m fully confident in Doc & Co. ability to recruit solid players at Marshall & other than a fluke season a couple years ago the proof is on the field. Look forward to another great season.
01-28-2018 09:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
Here's the thing, it's obvious 5 stars are the best college recruits because it works pretty well for Bama and the like....but below that, it is basically a crapshoot. I've seen USM/Tulane/Troy/UCF/WKU recruit a 3 star for 6 months, then a Penn State, TCU or Oregon comes in and the kid immediately becomes a 4 star...same thing with a 2 star!

Conversely, many times when a 3 star defies the prognosticators and signs with a less known school, he suddenly becomes a 2 star (Keon Howard for example....which may be a bad example since he is playing like a 1 star!03-lmfao)

Also, kids at smaller, less recognizable schools are almost always 2 stars, unless a Bama, Clemson or Ohio State comes calling.

We prolly should give poor ol' FAU a pass, since they are new at this 'cruitin' stuff and believe everything they read!
01-28-2018 09:56 PM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
(01-28-2018 09:56 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Here's the thing, it's obvious 5 stars are the best college recruits because it works pretty well for Bama and the like....but below that, it is basically a crapshoot. I've seen USM/Tulane/Troy/UCF/WKU recruit a 3 star for 6 months, then a Penn State, TCU or Oregon comes in and the kid immediately becomes a 4 star...same thing with a 2 star!

Conversely, many times when a 3 star defies the prognosticators and signs with a less known school, he suddenly becomes a 2 star (Keon Howard for example....which may be a bad example since he is playing like a 1 star!03-lmfao)

Also, kids at smaller, less recognizable schools are almost always 2 stars, unless a Bama, Clemson or Ohio State comes calling.

We prolly should give poor ol' FAU a pass, since they are new at this 'cruitin' stuff and believe everything they read!

People that hate the star talks are the schools that never really recruit well.

When a kid is three star and a major school comes along it's probably because those schools know something.
The 247 guys who do the rankings go to camps and see these kids play more than most of the coaches see them. They also all have relationships with coaches and help each other.
01-28-2018 10:10 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-28-2018 10:10 PM)owlcountry40 Wrote:  
(01-28-2018 09:56 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Here's the thing, it's obvious 5 stars are the best college recruits because it works pretty well for Bama and the like....but below that, it is basically a crapshoot. I've seen USM/Tulane/Troy/UCF/WKU recruit a 3 star for 6 months, then a Penn State, TCU or Oregon comes in and the kid immediately becomes a 4 star...same thing with a 2 star!

sure, if you say so!04-bs

(we've had 200 players in the pros, 2 HOF'ers, 6 conference championships, beaten dozens of top 25 teams including FSU, Alabama, LSU and Auburn...while FAU has had maybe a couple of players drafted, 1 conference championship and purty much nothing else....but what do WE know?)
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2018 10:22 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-28-2018 10:17 PM
thefaU Offline
Special Teams

I've missed your trollin', eb. 04-cheers
01-28-2018 10:35 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-28-2018 10:35 PM)thefaU Wrote:  I've missed your trollin', eb. 04-cheers

Thankee...04-rock

(By the way, how come YOU post, while OL' BEAV supposedly trolls? jes' asking' 04-cheers)
01-28-2018 10:41 PM
thefaU Offline
Special Teams

(01-28-2018 10:41 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Thankee...04-rock

(By the way, how come YOU post, while OL' BEAV supposedly trolls? jes' asking' 04-cheers)

I'm not as gifted at it as the ol' beav is. 04-cheers
01-28-2018 10:59 PM
va-eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss

When a kid is three star and a major school comes along it's probably because those schools know something.
The 247 guys who do the rankings go to camps and see these kids play more than most of the coaches see them. They also all have relationships with coaches and help each other.

Since Southern Miss always recruits well, you're basically saying he knows what he's talking about.
01-29-2018 08:04 AM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

(01-28-2018 10:17 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

(we've had 200 players in the pros, 2 HOF'ers, 6 conference championships, beaten dozens of top 25 teams including FSU, Alabama, LSU and Auburn...while FAU has had maybe a couple of players drafted, 1 conference championship and purty much nothing else....but what do WE know?)

It’s amazing what you can do with 100 year head start.
I remember posting how USM fans should post how they beat some school 20 years ago when you getting beat like a drum by FSU.
I need to let know somthing, no one cares who you beat 10, 15 20 years ago.
My memory of USM is getting your teeth kicked in a bowl game.

Up your athletic budget, hire more high profile coaches, etc and help raise the profile of this conference.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 09:46 AM by owlcountry40.)
01-29-2018 09:31 AM
va-eagle Offline
1st String

(01-29-2018 09:31 AM)owlcountry40 Wrote:  

I remember posting how USM fans should post how they beat some school 20 years ago when you getting beat like a drum by FSU.

Up your athletic budget, hire more high profile coaches, etc and help raise the profile of this conference.

FUA is the shat!
01-29-2018 11:52 AM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(01-29-2018 11:52 AM)va-eagle Wrote:  

FUA is the shat!

You really are just trolling at this point, aren't you?
01-29-2018 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagNBran Offline
All American

Who are you?
01-29-2018 01:27 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Older USM fans need to realize that no one gives a damn what we did 20-30 years ago. Sad, but true. We’ve won 1 conference championship in 14 years. ONE. No reason to talk down to other programs when we haven’t really been all that great lately. The wins over Bama and FSU years ago mean zilch.
01-29-2018 01:43 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

Of course they mean something, just doesn’t affect what will happen next year. Whatever floats your boat however.
01-29-2018 03:09 PM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

(01-29-2018 01:43 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  Older USM fans need to realize that no one gives a damn what we did 20-30 years ago. Sad, but true. We’ve won 1 conference championship in 14 years. ONE. No reason to talk down to other programs when we haven’t really been all that great lately. The wins over Bama and FSU years ago mean zilch.

I have been on this forum for three years now and we found the one USM fan that understands.

Did not think you existed.
01-29-2018 03:27 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

They win one championship in one sport where they made a splash hire (and y'all know damn well you're going back to irrelevance when he leaves) and now they can tell everyone else how to run their athletic programs.

Amazing stuff.
01-29-2018 03:37 PM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

(01-29-2018 03:37 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  They win one championship in one sport where they made a splash hire (and y'all know damn well you're going back to irrelevance when he leaves) and now they can tell everyone else how to run their athletic programs.

Amazing stuff.

The salt from USM fans is amazing.

They said we did not belong and now make other excuses because in the end they bring nothing of value to this conference.

USM is a relic and it has nothing to do with us.
01-29-2018 03:58 PM
goldeneagle21 Offline
2nd String

(01-29-2018 03:58 PM)owlcountry40 Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 03:37 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  They win one championship in one sport where they made a splash hire (and y'all know damn well you're going back to irrelevance when he leaves) and now they can tell everyone else how to run their athletic programs.

Amazing stuff.

They said we did not belong and now make other excuses because in the end they bring nothing of value to this conference.

Be nice. You don't want to wake up the sleeping giant little grasshoppers.
01-29-2018 04:21 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(01-29-2018 03:58 PM)owlcountry40 Wrote:  

Amazing stuff.

Better to "have been" than "never was"
01-29-2018 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.