Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State vs. Northeastern
Muskrat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Kent State vs. Northeastern
I was among the first last year to suggest that the university consider moving in another direction last year. Then I felt foolish after the team congealed. I'm not making that same mistake twice. But still.
12-20-2017 06:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Wait, what was the first mistake? That after a MAC Championship and an NCAA appearance you changed your mind about firing the coach? That’s the mistake you made that you don’t want to repeat?
12-20-2017 07:57 AM
Muskrat Offline
1st String

Well, I never actually called for his firing. I just thought that the university should seriously look at the situation. Yeah, I was mistaken. Senderoff ultimately did a splendid job. So, I'm not making that same suggestion this year, even though the team is playing fairly poorly and is below .500. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will turnaround. Right now my concern is that so many players have disappointed me, so far. Duling and Peterson come immediately to mind. I expected Duling to be an immediate big impact player, and I expected Peterson to make a great leap from his first to his second season.
12-20-2017 08:49 AM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
After last year I guess never say never anymore but to date:

- We cant guard the perimeter which is scary going into a guard heavy MAC
- We are shooting a whopping .322 from the 3 line. Really no consistency there.
- We have more turnovers than assists.
- The nations leading scorer from Oklahoma had 22 assists last night. Our leading scorer is on pace for 22 assists (for the season) in about 3-4 games.

I do trust Rob though. Lets hope for 9-9, 11-7 range in MAC and hope for the best come March.
12-20-2017 10:21 AM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-20-2017 10:21 AM)ksu315 Wrote:  After last year I guess never say never anymore but to date:

- We cant guard the perimeter which is scary going into a guard heavy MAC
- We are shooting a whopping .322 from the 3 line. Really no consistency there.
- We have more turnovers than assists.
- The nations leading scorer from Oklahoma had 22 assists last night. Our leading scorer is on pace for 22 assists (for the season) in about 3-4 games.

I do trust Rob though. Lets hope for 9-9, 11-7 range in MAC and hope for the best come March.

After reading this post I might just go hide under my bed. What a depressing analysis. Unfortunately I can’t argue with it.

I’ve always been told hope is not a course of action but maybe that’s all we have left.
12-20-2017 01:28 PM
Flashketball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(12-20-2017 07:57 AM)axeme Wrote:  Wait, what was the first mistake? That after a MAC Championship and an NCAA appearance you changed your mind about firing the coach? That’s the mistake you made that you don’t want to repeat?

I’ll back you Muskrat. Yeah they made the tourney last year...after going 10-8 and finishing 4th in the east before catching fire as a SIX seed and winning the tourney. For the first time in SIX YEARS under Senderoff. Then they get stomped out in the dance. He’s 58-46 in MAC play. ONE tourney trophy in SIX years. I was there from ‘99-‘03. Maybe I was spoiled. Or maybe he’s just an average coach at best. There’s no more excuse of someone else’s players. I’ve wanted him to go for years at this point. There’s no argument to be had that his players are better than Geno’s, or Jim’s. The record isn’t cutting it. The recruiting isn’t cutting it. ONCE AGAIN. It’s time for a change.
12-20-2017 10:59 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(12-20-2017 10:59 PM)Flashketball Wrote:  
(12-20-2017 07:57 AM)axeme Wrote:  Wait, what was the first mistake? That after a MAC Championship and an NCAA appearance you changed your mind about firing the coach? That’s the mistake you made that you don’t want to repeat?

I’ll back you Muskrat. Yeah they made the tourney last year...after going 10-8 and finishing 4th in the east before catching fire as a SIX seed and winning the tourney. For the first time in SIX YEARS under Senderoff. Then they get stomped out in the dance. He’s 58-46 in MAC play. ONE tourney trophy in SIX years. I was there from ‘99-‘03. Maybe I was spoiled. Or maybe he’s just an average coach at best. There’s no more excuse of someone else’s players. I’ve wanted him to go for years at this point. There’s no argument to be had that his players are better than Geno’s, or Jim’s. The record isn’t cutting it. The recruiting isn’t cutting it. ONCE AGAIN. It’s time for a change.

Lol. If my memory serves me correctly, with 9 min left it was a 3 point game against the #7 team in the nation. UCLA pulled away late but we hung with them for a long while.
12-20-2017 11:13 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
I think one of the biggest problems right now is Jimmy Hall made the post game come easy the last three years. We didn't have to work to get him in a good spot or whip the ball around fast to create an angle to enter it. We could simply lob it to him. Even if he had to leave his spot to get it he could make something out of it. Like most post players, we don't have that this year and I think we need to learn how to work the ball inside again. We've got size and some guys that have shown they can score around the basket and we've got one of the better passing point guards we've had in a while. So it doesn't make sense that we have been struggling to get it inside as much as we have recently.
12-20-2017 11:33 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-20-2017 10:59 PM)Flashketball Wrote:  

Senderoff is a tweener. He will never be good enough to move up to a big time job yet the team will never totally tank (like the women’s team did) making it easy to let him go. He is the coach we dream about for the football team. The team played very well at the end of last year. I have always wondered if a better coach would have started that run 10 games earlier. Who knows? He does seem to always have a bunch of new players to work in which doesn’t help. The coach does make a huge difference though. After watching the women’s team last year I believe that more than ever. Being an engineer by trade last years women’s team could not have been a better designed experiment. Same team, two different coaching staffs and 6 wins vs. 19.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 08:33 AM by burden.)
12-21-2017 08:29 AM
Muskrat Offline
1st String

Good points, Burden. I think almost everyone has lots of new players to work in every year, though. That is the current reality in D I men's college basketball.
12-21-2017 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.