Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next season for the AAC
westwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CFB
Next season for the AAC
Mike Aresco, in his push for respectability, advised the AAC teams to (a) schedule more Power 5 teams and (b) beat them. In these respects the AAC came a cropper in 2017. Only 16 games vs P5. Only 4 victories in those games.

Maybe 2018 will be different. They're up to 20 games against the big boys. Here are some upset opportunities:

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.
12-06-2017 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
RE: Next season for the AAC
(12-06-2017 06:56 PM)westwolf Wrote:  Mike Aresco, in his push for respectability, advised the AAC teams to (a) schedule more Power 5 teams and (b) beat them. In these respects the AAC came a cropper in 2017. Only 16 games vs P5. Only 4 victories in those games.

Maybe 2018 will be different. They're up to 20 games against the big boys. Here are some upset opportunities:

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

Big Boys? Those P5's are not big boys........07-coffee3

In any case, why do you assume every G5 is the underdog? UCF and Memphis are probably gonna be the favorites in all their P5 games.
12-06-2017 07:10 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-06-2017 06:56 PM)westwolf Wrote:  Mike Aresco, in his push for respectability, advised the AAC teams to (a) schedule more Power 5 teams and (b) beat them. In these respects the AAC came a cropper in 2017. Only 16 games vs P5. Only 4 victories in those games.

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

If USF needs to "upset" Illinois they are in really REALLY bad shape.
12-06-2017 07:21 PM
TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
Let's look at this in a different light. These are some opportunities to make those programs very UPSET. 03-wink
12-06-2017 07:29 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I'd favor UCF by 2 TD's over both Pitt and UNC. Hell UNC is gonna have to get a lot better to even ensure they don't lose to a dreadful ECU team next season.
12-06-2017 07:52 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
As much as it pains me to say this, UNC will be vastly improved next year. They basically lost an entire recruiting class to injuries and played a bunch of freshmen that go some valuable expierance. Unless the injury bug stays there, UNC will be a bowl team next year for the ACC. Nothing would thrill me more for UCF to beat UNC next year.
12-06-2017 09:09 PM
Advertisement

HHOOTter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: tulsa

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

In 2018
Tulsa also plays @ them Shorthorns
as well as playing @ the Hawgwarts next yr.
12-06-2017 11:10 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
I think the key game for G5 NY6 access will be

9/22 FAU @ UCF

FAU is likely to lose the opener at OU, but if they are somewhat competitive in that game, and win the UCF game, they will go 12-1 and be the G5 favorite. They have most of their team back, and Kiffin has them believing. That super weak CUSA schedule builds in a closing 9-0 run.

It's unlikely UCF will be the top AAC team again next year, with the coaching staff starting over, and some disruptions that causes, but that game is the only road block in FAU's path to 12-1 and G5 top spot.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 01:45 PM by Stugray2.)
12-07-2017 01:45 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
(12-07-2017 01:45 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  I think the key game for G5 NY6 access will be

9/22 FAU @ UCF

FAU is likely to lose the opener at OU, but if they are somewhat competitive in that game, and win the UCF game, they will go 12-1 and be the G5 favorite. They have most of their team back, and Kiffin has them believing. That super weak CUSA schedule builds in a closing 9-0 run.

It's unlikely UCF will be the top AAC team again next year, with the coaching staff starting over, and some disruptions that causes, but that game is the only road block in FAU's path to 12-1 and G5 top spot.

What are the chances that Kiffin bolts? FAU would be facing the exact same issues as UCF, but with the opener at Oklahoma and then facing Air Force's option attack (injuries?) and then another early road test in Orlando.
12-07-2017 02:05 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Kiffin has made it very clear he is not leaving FAU to those inquiring (includes Arkansas and Tennessee .. love his Kim Jung-Un tweet). Ask again in a year or two, it could be another answer. But he hated small town Tuscaloosa, and he really likes Boca Raton (and of course nearby Miami) and coaching with his dad and other family members. I think he is kind of recovering from the Nick Saban pressure cooker, and enjoying life in a bit less glare and post divorce.

Right now he has the team he likes, enough money, and for the first time some love and stability he craves. I don't think it's a forever thing, but maybe three years in Boca making a measly $1M a year but being happy will rejuvenate him for another run at the big time. But for now G5 has to deal with a Chris Petersen level coach in a program that could lock everyone else out of the G5 NY6 for couple years.
12-07-2017 03:38 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(12-07-2017 03:38 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Kiffin has made it very clear he is not leaving FAU to those inquiring (includes Arkansas and Tennessee .. love his Kim Jung-Un tweet). Ask again in a year or two, it could be another answer. But he hated small town Tuscaloosa, and he really likes Boca Raton (and of course nearby Miami) and coaching with his dad and other family members. I think he is kind of recovering from the Nick Saban pressure cooker, and enjoying life in a bit less glare and post divorce.

Right now he has the team he likes, enough money, and for the first time some love and stability he craves. I don't think it's a forever thing, but maybe three years in Boca making a measly $1M a year but being happy will rejuvenate him for another run at the big time. But for now G5 has to deal with a Chris Petersen level coach in a program that could lock everyone else out of the G5 NY6 for couple years.

Makes sense 04-cheers
12-07-2017 05:04 PM
Advertisement

rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

You never answered my question. Why are you so hung up on the AAC that you down grade them at every opportunity?
12-07-2017 09:57 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-06-2017 07:52 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I'd favor UCF by 2 TD's over both Pitt and UNC. Hell UNC is gonna have to get a lot better to even ensure they don't lose to a dreadful ECU team next season.

With a new coach, who knows what UCF will or will not do. Depends how fast kids adapt to new systems.
12-09-2017 11:28 AM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Curious who loses what in the AAC next year?
12-09-2017 03:33 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
Arkansas and Tulsa should play every season.
12-09-2017 04:47 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(12-07-2017 03:38 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Kiffin has made it very clear he is not leaving FAU to those inquiring (includes Arkansas and Tennessee .. love his Kim Jung-Un tweet). Ask again in a year or two, it could be another answer. But he hated small town Tuscaloosa, and he really likes Boca Raton (and of course nearby Miami) and coaching with his dad and other family members. I think he is kind of recovering from the Nick Saban pressure cooker, and enjoying life in a bit less glare and post divorce.

No one would hire him.
12-09-2017 04:50 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(12-07-2017 09:57 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

You never answered my question. Why are you so hung up on the AAC that you down grade them at every opportunity?

Probably an ACC fan. They feel threatened. Is MSMWolf and Westwolf the same wolf? Same MO....
12-10-2017 12:19 AM
dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(12-09-2017 04:50 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  

No one would hire him.

A couple more 10-11 win seasons and everybody will be knocking on his door
12-10-2017 12:30 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

Miami(FL) @ Toledo. Big boys eh?
12-10-2017 03:26 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans

UCF @ N. Carolina
UCF vs Pitt
Uconn @ Syracuse
USF @ Illinois
Houston vs Arizona
Houston @ Texas Tech
Memphis @ Missouri
Tulsa @ Arkansas

We'll see.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-10-2017 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.