ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NEW stadium construction
cbank Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Big Blue
RE: NEW stadium construction
(09-11-2019 07:24 AM)AimHigh Wrote:  Since us on the west side have a full view of the jumbo screen why not put it on the opposite side of the NEZ corner pointing towards the east side, there is a grassy area there that would work. For us on the west, we could still hear it and see it on the jumbo screen.

If nothing else works put it on top of the parking garage 02-13-banana

After looking are aerials views the grassy area between west and nez sucks but hey it beats having it outside the stadium like VT or a little bitty one like ECU.

Since they only fire it off 2 to 3 times during gameday they could just wheel it on and off the field.

Yeah I think the grassy area is perfect but on top of the garage would be amazing COGS
09-11-2019 07:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Major Monarch Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-11-2019 07:41 AM)cbank Wrote:  
(09-11-2019 07:24 AM)AimHigh Wrote:  Since us on the west side have a full view of the jumbo screen why not put it on the opposite side of the NEZ corner pointing towards the east side, there is a grassy area there that would work. For us on the west, we could still hear it and see it on the jumbo screen.

If nothing else works put it on top of the parking garage 02-13-banana

After looking are aerials views the grassy area between west and nez sucks but hey it beats having it outside the stadium like VT or a little bitty one like ECU.

Since they only fire it off 2 to 3 times during gameday they could just wheel it on and off the field.

Yeah I think the grassy area is perfect but on top of the garage would be amazing COGS
09-11-2019 08:39 AM
Major Monarch Offline
Water Engineer

You would need a crane ever game to hoist it on top of the garage. The truck that pulls it would not fit inside.
09-11-2019 08:41 AM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
I really don't think it will fit in the same spot we had it in the last stadium. For one, the area in that corner that is allowed (behind the hashed lines) is much smaller, and the boundary isn't a fence with about 20 ft to the stands. The boundary is the first row. I don't think you can shoot it off that close to people's faces
09-11-2019 08:44 AM
Big Blue Crazy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU
NEW stadium construction
Can someone post Harry’s statement? Or link to it?

It would be a huge mistake if they just messed up this opportunity because they did not think about including it in the build plan.
It was very disappointing not having it at opening night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-11-2019 09:57 AM
cbank Offline
Water Engineer

(09-11-2019 09:57 AM)Big Blue Crazy Wrote:  Can someone post Harry’s statement? Or link to it?

It would be a huge mistake if they just messed up this opportunity because they did not think about including it in the build plan.
It was very disappointing not having it at opening night

https://twitter.com/Harry_MiniumODU/stat...3459223552
09-11-2019 10:00 AM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

The East concourse...maybe it will run off all those loiterers to go sit in their assigned seats and not clutter my route to the elevator, bathrooms and concessions!
09-11-2019 07:05 PM
Big Blue Crazy Offline
Special Teams

NEW stadium construction
(09-11-2019 07:05 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  The East concourse...maybe it will run off all those loiterers to go sit in their assigned seats and not clutter my route to the elevator, bathrooms and concessions!

This was a huge issue on the West side also.

09-11-2019 07:26 PM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

Someone mentioned that the university was soliciting suggestions of improvements via email. Anyone have the email address?
09-12-2019 09:08 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-12-2019 09:08 AM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Someone mentioned that the university was soliciting suggestions of improvements via email. Anyone have the email address?

They sent out a survey link to season ticket holders. Check your spam.
09-12-2019 09:12 AM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-12-2019 09:12 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(09-12-2019 09:08 AM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Someone mentioned that the university was soliciting suggestions of improvements via email. Anyone have the email address?

They sent out a survey link to season ticket holders. Check your spam.

I never got it. Not in spam or trash either. Odd.
09-12-2019 10:16 AM
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

Any status on the banners? Tapestries!?
09-12-2019 02:43 PM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
(09-12-2019 02:43 PM)Petey Hodge Wrote:  Any status on the banners? Tapestries!?

I have a feeling they won't get installed until the week of ECU. Installing them now (assuming they're on site) means blocking off that entire West side that they could use boom lifts and other machinery to work on for final finishes, punchlist, inspections, etc. Last think you want is to install them and either have them taken down to do work which could potentially damage them or have someone work around them and damage them. As long as they're installed by gameday I wouldn't worry
09-12-2019 03:28 PM
cbank Offline
Water Engineer

Has anyone been by the stadium to see what improvements they're working on?
09-17-2019 01:51 PM
imfsff3 Offline
Water Engineer

Lots of comments have been made about the new stadium. In my opinion it was an amazing feat to get it built under such time restraints. That being said, some mistakes were made which cannot be corrected easily but some can. 1) The 2nd and upper concourse bathroom situation needs to be addressed as soon as funds can become available. We have a "mature' age fan base and majority of the donor base. Gotta keep these people happy!! 2) Sound system seems to work well at times. Example: In the upper part of section 116 when Ankerson spoke we could barely understand him but when the ref called something it was perfect. 3) For whatever reason, when the band was in their section directly across from us we could barely hear them. Weird!
Let's hope the fixable tweaks are done by 9/28.
As for the scoreboard, I understand it was a great scoreboard installed on the cheap. Hopefully it will be moved soon. Maybe behind and above the old north end bleachers? Those are the cheap seats anyways and those people can see "stuff" on other boards.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 02:07 PM by imfsff3.)
09-17-2019 02:02 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2019 02:02 PM)imfsff3 Wrote:  Lots of comments have been made about the new stadium. In my opinion it was an amazing feat to get it built under such time restraints. That being said, some mistakes were made which cannot be corrected easily but some can. 1) The 2nd and upper concourse bathroom situation needs to be addressed as soon as funds can become available. We have a "mature' age fan base and majority of the donor base. Gotta keep these people happy!! 2) Sound system seems to work well at times. Example: In the upper part of section 116 when Ankerson spoke we could barely understand him but when the ref called something it was perfect. 3) For whatever reason, when the band was in their section directly across from us we could barely hear them. Weird!
Let's hope the fixable tweaks are done by 9/28.
As for the scoreboard, I understand it was a great scoreboard installed on the cheap. Hopefully it will be moved soon. Maybe behind and above the old north end bleachers? Those are the cheap seats anyways and those people can see "stuff" on other boards.

Mature age LOL 03-lmfao03-lmfao but i agree with you on building restrooms on the upper level.
09-18-2019 10:02 AM
Barefoot Monarch Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2019 02:55 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  I swear with some of you people, if I gave you a gold bar, you'd complain about it being too shiny. I judge what we have in today's stadium based on what we used to have. I was in W-216 and had no problem exiting down those narrow stairs. If I need to use the bathroom I go down to the bottom level and use it. If there are people in line I wait. We have many more bathrooms and concessions. A lot of people were using them because they were so hyped. As everyone gets to know the new facility, little kinks will be ironed out. As far as I'm concerned, what I saw Saturday night from a program only 10 years old was pretty damn good.

Until I moved to Florida in the late Fall of 2012 I went to every home game but one. Now I am lucky if I can watch one televised game a year, the rest of the games I stream on ESPN radio using Ted's play by play to create an image in my mind of what is happening on the field. Some of you don't realize how lucky you are to be able to be in the stands watching the Monarchs play; especially in a brand new stadium.
09-18-2019 06:52 PM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

(09-18-2019 06:52 PM)Barefoot Monarch Wrote:  
(09-03-2019 02:55 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  I swear with some of you people, if I gave you a gold bar, you'd complain about it being too shiny. I judge what we have in today's stadium based on what we used to have. I was in W-216 and had no problem exiting down those narrow stairs. If I need to use the bathroom I go down to the bottom level and use it. If there are people in line I wait. We have many more bathrooms and concessions. A lot of people were using them because they were so hyped. As everyone gets to know the new facility, little kinks will be ironed out. As far as I'm concerned, what I saw Saturday night from a program only 10 years old was pretty damn good.

Until I moved to Florida in the late Fall of 2012 I went to every home game but one. Now I am lucky if I can watch one televised game a year, the rest of the games I stream on ESPN radio using Ted's play by play to create an image in my mind of what is happening on the field. Some of you don't realize how lucky you are to be able to be in the stands watching the Monarchs play; especially in a brand new stadium.

Quite right. You should try to make it on over to a game at FAU or FIU some time. I went to a FAU vs. ODU game in Boca Raton a few years ago and it was a great time.
09-18-2019 07:49 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-18-2019 06:52 PM)Barefoot Monarch Wrote:  

FWIW, eSPN+ isn’t bad, and is pretty cheap. Way better than no video
09-18-2019 08:27 PM
Retroview1955 Offline
1st String

NEW stadium construction
Man this place is beautiful!![Image: 878afc2d44f31ff9e8cd2206f8ba35a8.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
09-18-2019 11:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.