ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NEW stadium construction
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: NEW stadium construction
(07-09-2019 10:54 AM)monarx Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 08:07 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Yeah, the same seat fees still apply.

By the way, if you had that much of an issue paying the seat fee, why didn't you pick out seats that didn't have one? There were plenty.

I wanted a better seat in case it was my seat for a long time. The issue is, it appears they may have to sell the seats all around me without the fee. So many will have basically the same seats for less. Thats fine. Id rather have the stadium full of fans. It just doesnt make sense to pay the fee in years to come if one can get basically the same seats without the fee. We'll see how it all shakes out. Im prepared to keep paying it if needed.

I think you might be misunderstanding Harry's article. The seats right next to you in your section will cost someone just as much as you paid for it (i.e., $250 per seat if you are in a zone with a $50 seat fee since all sideline tickets start at $200). The difference your lifetime donations allowed you to get your seats in advance so it gave you a greater chance of getting the exact seats you wanted vs the general public who are left to pick after the rest of us.

The real 'tragedy' in all of this is we are coming off one of our worst seasons, so the interest is much lower than it could've been. If we had kept up with our success from a few years ago, tickets would probably not be available right now.
07-09-2019 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(07-09-2019 12:10 PM)odu09 Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 10:54 AM)monarx Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 08:07 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  Yeah, the same seat fees still apply.

By the way, if you had that much of an issue paying the seat fee, why didn't you pick out seats that didn't have one? There were plenty.

I wanted a better seat in case it was my seat for a long time. The issue is, it appears they may have to sell the seats all around me without the fee. So many will have basically the same seats for less. Thats fine. Id rather have the stadium full of fans. It just doesnt make sense to pay the fee in years to come if one can get basically the same seats without the fee. We'll see how it all shakes out. Im prepared to keep paying it if needed.

I think you might be misunderstanding Harry's article. The seats right next to you in your section will cost someone just as much as you paid for it (i.e., $250 per seat if you are in a zone with a $50 seat fee since all sideline tickets start at $200). The difference your lifetime donations allowed you to get your seats in advance so it gave you a greater chance of getting the exact seats you wanted vs the general public who are left to pick after the rest of us.

The real 'tragedy' in all of this is we are coming off one of our worst seasons, so the interest is much lower than it could've been. If we had kept up with our success from a few years ago, tickets would probably not be available right now.

That makes more sense. Though I think Id be ok with selling them for the one season without the fee if it got more people in the stadium and they could make some money. I suspect we may only have 2 sell outs this year, and they wont be conference games.
07-09-2019 12:27 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

We've got some electricity going on the west side!

[Image: Lights-On.jpg]
07-10-2019 06:34 AM
VB Monarch Offline
All American

Aggie- you need to check in a little more often.Electricity as been up for quite a while now.
07-10-2019 08:17 AM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

(07-10-2019 08:17 AM)VB Monarch Wrote:  Aggie- you need to check in a little more often.Electricity as been up for quite a while now.

Okydoke. Had not seen it lit up and liked it so much, just had to post.

Cheers!

04-cheers
07-10-2019 10:34 AM
owynn Offline
2nd String

West Side Cam is functional again.
07-10-2019 06:15 PM
Retroview1955 Offline
1st String

(07-05-2019 07:45 AM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  If ODU is in the running for membership in the AAC the next phase will get the stadium to a capacity which would be acceptable for that. If such membership has been the goal all along then S.B. Ballard Stadium would not have been designed without that expansion as a possibility.
Further, the demolition of Foreman Field, and the construction of the new stadium has shortened what would have been a two year process into one year. That is a big asset not only in terms of time frame, but in showing that ODU already has in place what is needed to make it happen. I don’t know if there will be an AAC membership offered to ODU, but I believe our position regarding a football stadium has been greatly enhanced.

Not sure if I've posted this already, but I was told from someone that attended a meeting with ODU officials that in Phase 2 of the project calls for more luxury suites on top of the new pressbox, a third row suites on the east side, and the replacement of the north endzone. The price will be about the same as Phase 1. There's truth to this because one day when I was out watching pile driving Harry told me the east side will have more piles driven down for future expansions.

The ability the expand is there. We need field performance if we stand a chance to be picked up by the AAC. ODU needs to get it together in football and quit riding this "we beat VT" mess. I guess they forgot we have to go to Blacksburg and we are missing a lot of talent. If we go to back-to-back bowl games then yes we can make some noise for the AAC. we haven't really done anything in conference USA and I'm sure the AAC doesn't want to bring in a program it just put out...
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2019 06:55 PM by Retroview1955.)
07-10-2019 06:51 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(07-10-2019 06:51 PM)Retroview1955 Wrote:  
(07-05-2019 07:45 AM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  If ODU is in the running for membership in the AAC the next phase will get the stadium to a capacity which would be acceptable for that. If such membership has been the goal all along then S.B. Ballard Stadium would not have been designed without that expansion as a possibility.
Further, the demolition of Foreman Field, and the construction of the new stadium has shortened what would have been a two year process into one year. That is a big asset not only in terms of time frame, but in showing that ODU already has in place what is needed to make it happen. I don’t know if there will be an AAC membership offered to ODU, but I believe our position regarding a football stadium has been greatly enhanced.

Not sure if I've posted this already, but I was told from someone that attended a meeting with ODU officials that in Phase 2 of the project calls for more luxury suites on top of the new pressbox, a third row suites on the east side, and the replacement of the north endzone. The price will be about the same as Phase 1. There's truth to this because one day when I was out watching pile driving Harry told me the east side will have more piles driven down for future expansions.

The ability the expand is there. We need field performance if we stand a chance to be picked up by the AAC. ODU needs to get it together in football and quit riding this "we beat VT" mess. I guess they forgot we have to go to Blacksburg and we are missing a lot of talent. If we go to back-to-back bowl games then yes we can make some noise for the AAC. we haven't really done anything in conference USA and I'm sure the AAC doesn't want to bring in a program it just put out...

I think someone else posted similar info but said the luxury boxes would go in the space under the press box. Hadn't heard of more boxes on the east side as well. Figured that side would just be a third level seating but they should build as many boxes as they can sell. Bring in that revenue. Thanks for the info.

Agree we need results on the field. To show we can compete and to drive the expansion of the stadium. I hope Wilder is up to the challenge.
07-11-2019 07:25 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Good story about the stadium design process and a little about future expansion. I'm really getting excited, hard to believe what's been done in 7 months.

https://edition.pagesuite-professional.c...6&pnum=122
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 08:10 AM by DaBigBlue.)
07-11-2019 07:56 AM
Punk Offline
1st String

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019 03:05 PM by Punk.)
07-11-2019 03:05 PM
Beans N Cornbread Offline
2nd String

NEW stadium construction
Looks like east side bleacher work is going again. Camera 2 was back up earlier this morning

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
07-12-2019 08:45 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Camera 2 made a brief showing, then back off line by 8 am. Man I like watching the progress of the seats. Can't they keep them on for a couple of days.
07-12-2019 03:53 PM
VB Monarch Offline
All American

And now we're missing watching the new field being installed.
07-12-2019 04:41 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
I wonder if the new Priority luxury suite will help reduce the crowd in the Lexus terrace. I think they should have expanded the terrace to allow for more people. I would like to be able to grab a beer during the game, but I can’t stand how crowded it is in there.
07-13-2019 08:18 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

(07-13-2019 08:18 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  I wonder if the new Priority luxury suite will help reduce the crowd in the Lexus terrace. I think they should have expanded the terrace to allow for more people. I would like to be able to grab a beer during the game, but I can’t stand how crowded it is in there.

If we ever get that fabled north endzone standing area I think you'll get that wish granted.
07-13-2019 10:10 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Camera #2 was up for a moment this morning.
07-14-2019 08:16 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(07-13-2019 08:18 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  I wonder if the new Priority luxury suite will help reduce the crowd in the Lexus terrace. I think they should have expanded the terrace to allow for more people. I would like to be able to grab a beer during the game, but I can’t stand how crowded it is in there.

Doubt it. The two donor levels you're talking about are miles apart. I may be remembering this wrong but I thought I read the Priority Club required a $75k pledge this offseason.

The beer garden could be less packed. But that would be because of other changes like better seating or the big ticket groups getting smaller due to the seat membership fees.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019 09:17 AM by Monarchist13.)
07-14-2019 09:10 AM
MONARCHSWIN Offline
1st String

NEW stadium construction
They just need to start selling beer in the stadium so folks don’t feel compelled to spend the whole game in the beer garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-14-2019 02:30 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(07-14-2019 02:30 PM)MONARCHSWIN Wrote:  They just need to start selling beer in the stadium so folks don’t feel compelled to spend the whole game in the beer garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOVE this post !!!!!!
07-14-2019 03:08 PM
Punk Offline
1st String

I noticed there are even speakers mounted at the entrance above some windows on the left hand side as you would be entering the stadium. I'm not sure what exactly is going in that space, but I don't think there will ever be any sound issues anymore, lol.
07-14-2019 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.