Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NEW stadium construction
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: NEW stadium construction
(10-19-2018 12:25 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 12:10 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 12:06 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  I think having food trucks in the area is fine before the game but when the games starts people should be spending their money at the stadium which goes to ODU.

ODU gets a ton of money for food trucks to be there.

As they should, but they should not interfere with food sales during the game.

The school apparently doesn't share your concern and neither does the company they contract with to run the concession stands.
10-19-2018 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmett003 Offline
All American

(10-19-2018 12:29 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 12:06 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  I think having food trucks in the area is fine before the game but when the games starts people should be spending their money at the stadium which goes to ODU.

The school apparently doesn't share your concern and neither does the company they contract with to run the concession stands.

Thats fine but who the hell is buying food truck food during game time? Seems like they are wasting their time.
10-19-2018 12:37 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(10-19-2018 11:25 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(10-18-2018 08:39 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(10-18-2018 12:43 PM)odu09 Wrote:  I am on Giles side on this one. I'd rather see money be put into revenue generating outcomes rather than some extra resolution.

I don't come to Foreman to watch the scoreboard. If I wanted to watch the scoreboard I'd just stay home.

Replays, in game stadium shots, intro videos, etc are a huge part of in game game experiences. Most people would prefer better entertainment system to enable a better game atmosphere experience.

I understand people experience the game differently, but I go entire games without noticing what is on the scoreboard besides time clock and score. The replays, etc. are typically during play so I'm watching the field. Every once in awhile I will catch them having players answer questions on the big screen, but can't say I remember the questions or answers.

The scoreboard is nice....its a luxury item.

I disagree. Our scoreboard is crap and a new one is a must. It enhances the game day experience for everyone there. (well not you, I guess). Plus it'll help recruiting as well.
10-19-2018 12:55 PM
Nukesquad Offline
1st String

The scoreboard is happening whether people think it's a priority or not. It will not be a part of the 2019-2020 season, whether people think it is or not.
10-19-2018 01:10 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

(10-19-2018 12:37 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  

Thats fine but who the hell is buying food truck food during game time? Seems like they are wasting their time.

Not sure I follow you. You do know the food trucks are inside the stadium grounds, right? If someone wants to beat the half time crowd or chooses to go between quarters, what is the big deal? Lots of vendors have come and gone so I bet it's hard to make any real money at it. My guess is ODU charges them a hefty fee so they don't take over the food sales and piss Aramark off. Aramark, yuck!
10-19-2018 01:10 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

(10-19-2018 01:10 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 12:10 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  ODU gets a ton of money for food trucks to be there.

Not sure I follow you. You do know the food trucks are inside the stadium grounds, right? If someone wants to beat the half time crowd or chooses to go between quarters, what is the big deal? Lots of vendors have come and gone so I bet it's hard to make any real money at it. My guess is ODU charges them a hefty fee so they don't take over the food sales and piss Aramark off. Aramark, yuck!

Oh, I didn't know there were food trucks inside the stadium grounds. I thought there were some outside parked near the tailgate lots. Either way next year there shouldn't be any food trucks parked near the new stadium. I think that would look very tacky if they were. Would also show that ODU didnt provide many new good food options.
10-19-2018 01:15 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(10-19-2018 01:15 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 01:10 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 12:25 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  As they should, but they should not interfere with food sales during the game.

Oh, I didn't know there were food trucks inside the stadium grounds. I thought there were some outside parked near the tailgate lots. Either way next year there shouldn't be any food trucks parked near the new stadium. I think that would look very tacky if they were. Would also show that ODU didnt provide many new good food options.

You've never walked behind the east side stands? The food trucks are great. They give us more variety and options. I doubt there will be space for them after phase 1. But if they remain, it'll be a good thing.
10-19-2018 01:20 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

(10-19-2018 01:10 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  The scoreboard is happening whether people think it's a priority or not. It will not be a part of the 2019-2020 season, whether people think it is or not.

Good! Just make it awesome, giant and elevated behind the student end zone. But why wouldnt it be part of the upgrade for next season? They pretty much already said that the board and new turf were happening for next year too. Seems silly to get a new scoreboard but not have it ready as a major part of showcasing the new facility.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018 01:31 PM by monarx.)
10-19-2018 01:29 PM
Big Blue Crazy Offline
Special Teams

NEW stadium construction
Those that are happy with the current scoreboard or do not think it is a priority are wrong.
It’s an Arms race against all FBS schools - the scoreboards are very important for the in game experience and completing against you sitting at home and watching your 60 inch or Bigger TV. Added information about Stats and player information is a must, added entertainment items - extras are a must.
It is all about completing for your dollar!!!
Not to mention get for recruiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018 01:32 PM by Big Blue Crazy.)
10-19-2018 01:31 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

(10-19-2018 01:29 PM)monarx Wrote:  [quote='Nukesquad' pid='15590036' dateline='1539972615']
The scoreboard is happening whether people think it's a priority or not. It will not be a part of the 2019-2020 season, whether people think it is or not.

What do you mean? It will or wont be a part of the construction this off season?
10-19-2018 01:32 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

(10-19-2018 01:31 PM)Big Blue Crazy Wrote:  Those that are happy with the current scoreboard or do not think it is a priority are wrong.
It’s an Arms race against all FBS schools - the scoreboards are very important for the in game experience and completing against you sitting at home and watching your 60 inch or Bigger TV. Added information about Stats and player information is a must, added entertainment items - extras are a must.

To be clear - I'm not against the scoreboard. I just think there could be better uses of the money.
10-19-2018 02:00 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

(10-19-2018 01:31 PM)Big Blue Crazy Wrote:  Those that are happy with the current scoreboard or do not think it is a priority are wrong.

100% agreed. If you are not going to have the biggest you better sure have the best in terms of quality. A nice scoreboard means quality. Its a must, no question about it.
10-19-2018 02:03 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no problem with people that think that way...but, how does a scoreboard play into this?

You are at the game to watch the game in person. Watching on TV is always going to be the more informative way of watching the game. Always going to get better angles. It is always going to be easier to see replays at home. You are going to always have a better grasp of stats.

Im curious as to what you find entertaining in regards to the scoreboard? The helmet game? The replays? The ads? The talk about the professors? What is it that you like to see when looking up at the scoreboard?
10-19-2018 02:09 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

ODU should consider renting concession spaces to food truck vendors inside the new stadium. I don't really care for bells and whistles as long as I have a seat and my body parts dont touch anyone else that'll be a great game day experience for me. Would love greatly to have a couple cold beers sitting in my seat. On a hot day in September I would pay up for a beer.
10-19-2018 02:11 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

(10-19-2018 02:09 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

I have no problem with people that think that way...but, how does a scoreboard play into this?

You are at the game to watch the game in person. Watching on TV is always going to be the more informative way of watching the game. Always going to get better angles. It is always going to be easier to see replays at home. You are going to always have a better grasp of stats.

Im curious as to what you find entertaining in regards to the scoreboard? The helmet game? The replays? The ads? The talk about the professors? What is it that you like to see when looking up at the scoreboard?

Did you go to the VT game in Blacksburg, I remember their scoreboard and how it really kept the fans engaged during halftime, timeouts, between plays, etc. Everything you just listed keeps people entertained during downtime (but maybe not you). Stats keep people interested in the game, little games keep kids entertained, ads make money, school announcements keep fans and alumni informed. Everything has a purpose and reason. Dont be so closed minded. If big scoreboards didnt matter, every other school out there wouldnt be wasting money on them.
10-19-2018 02:22 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

Just because every other big school has one doesn't mean it's right for us. We are lacking the basics. They are not.
10-19-2018 02:47 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

(10-19-2018 02:47 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Just because every other big school has one doesn't mean it's right for us. We are lacking the basics. They are not.

What basics are we not about to get with Phase 1? A good scoreboard is a basic need.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018 02:52 PM by cmett003.)
10-19-2018 02:51 PM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

NEW stadium construction
Why can't they just have a few vendor bays open for outside groups? Let them bid on having a spot for the season. No need for the trucks.
It would be nice if they had something like the ynot tents on the upper platform.

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app
10-19-2018 02:54 PM
Blue_Trombone Online
Heisman

It is amazing how much fuss we can make over freaking food trucks.
10-19-2018 03:03 PM
Nukesquad Offline
1st String

(10-19-2018 01:32 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 01:29 PM)monarx Wrote:  The scoreboard is happening whether people think it's a priority or not. It will not be a part of the 2019-2020 season, whether people think it is or not.

What do you mean? It will or wont be a part of the construction this off season?

It will not. All that has been publicly stated is that it's on the schedule "separate from the $65 million renovation" which is accurate.

(10-19-2018 01:29 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(10-19-2018 01:10 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  The scoreboard is happening whether people think it's a priority or not. It will not be a part of the 2019-2020 season, whether people think it is or not.

Good! Just make it awesome, giant and elevated behind the student end zone. But why wouldnt it be part of the upgrade for next season? They pretty much already said that the board and new turf were happening for next year too. Seems silly to get a new scoreboard but not have it ready as a major part of showcasing the new facility.

Do not hold you breathe on this, otherwise you will be disappointed.
10-19-2018 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.