ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NEW stadium construction
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: NEW stadium construction
(02-07-2018 07:59 AM)monarx Wrote:  Harry tweeted pics of Libertys new stadium expansion today. It’s under construction already and looks good. I swear his kids must go there or something.

He's a devout Catholic and likes their politics. Look at his most recent column, he spent a good portion of it discussing how religious Doug Pedersen and Nick Foles are.

If he is going to continue to carry their water, he needs to look into their online grad rates.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 08:38 AM by Monarchist13.)
02-07-2018 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
You guys need to lighten up. Yes he is a christian.... don't know about his politics... it is a Virginia school moving to FBS with lots of money.... and they are our next opponent.
02-07-2018 09:58 AM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-07-2018 09:58 AM)bigblueodu Wrote:  You guys need to lighten up. Yes he is a christian.... don't know about his politics... it is a Virginia school moving to FBS with lots of money.... and they are our next opponent.

I don't have problem with the guys faith. I'm a Christian too. That doesn't automatically make me a Liberty fan. With the amount of writing he does about LU, it seems there is a personal connection. I don't think the Lynchburg paper is writing/tweeting this much about ODU. I just found it interesting that one of our beat writers is tweeting about a rival school's nice stadium upgrade progress on national signing day. Thought some of the rest of you would too.
02-07-2018 10:34 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

If Liberty were to join CUSA, we would get an immediate in state rival who has its own TV network. Seems beneficial to ODU if that were to happen. I think he is just writing to keep building their profile. And his writing isn't biased, he is just stating facts. And you all (and me) are interpreting that Liberty's stock is currently on the rise.
02-07-2018 10:53 AM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

Soooo. about our stadium...when we gonna see those plans?
02-07-2018 10:56 AM
Retroview1955 Offline
1st String

(02-07-2018 10:56 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Soooo. about our stadium...when we gonna see those plans?

Never.
02-07-2018 11:05 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(02-07-2018 08:35 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 07:59 AM)monarx Wrote:  Harry tweeted pics of Libertys new stadium expansion today. It’s under construction already and looks good. I swear his kids must go there or something.

He's a devout Catholic and likes their politics. Look at his most recent column, he spent a good portion of it discussing how religious Doug Pedersen and Nick Foles are.

If he is going to continue to carry their water, he needs to look into their online grad rates.
Ooooooo...burn

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
02-07-2018 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

Maybe Liberty is floating some of their money to Harry or to the Pilot to keep these articles coming.
02-07-2018 12:00 PM
Grommet Offline
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong

Didnt we already do this?
02-07-2018 12:55 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

What else are we supposed to do
02-07-2018 01:14 PM
jasdf Offline
Banned

I Root For: OD
(02-07-2018 10:56 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Soooo. about our stadium...when we gonna see those plans?

Less typing, more check writing - doctor dud selig
02-07-2018 02:58 PM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
FWIW* I was told weeks ago and posted on here that we were about to get the info. Then I was told the snow delayed the info (I do not know why) and we would get it the next week. Then on Friday of that week. Since then crickets and I can't get anybody to tell me anything. As I noted in January I have heard the plans have been scaled back due to inflationary construction costs but how much or how bad I was never told. Finally with respect to Harry Minium's recent report on the stadium expansion at Liberty, I wonder if he did it to try and kick start ODU into releasing some info on our stadium?

*As noted above my "For what it's worth" is not much currently.
02-07-2018 03:56 PM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(02-07-2018 03:56 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  FWIW* I was told weeks ago and posted on here that we were about to get the info. Then I was told the snow delayed the info (I do not know why) and we would get it the next week. Then on Friday of that week. Since then crickets and I can't get anybody to tell me anything. As I noted in January I have heard the plans have been scaled back due to inflationary construction costs but how much or how bad I was never told. Finally with respect to Harry Minium's recent report on the stadium expansion at Liberty, I wonder if he did it to try and kick start ODU into releasing some info on our stadium?

To add a little to your account. I spoke to someone about a week ago, and while they did not tell me anything specific, they seemed to imply that there is more bad news on the horizon. I get the feeling that the AD is not a particularly happy place to be right now with regards to football.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 04:06 PM by Monarchblue.)
02-07-2018 04:05 PM
bit_9 Offline

As upset as we are imagine what they're going through? Like, career ending or tarnishing situations.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 04:11 PM by bit_9.)
02-07-2018 04:11 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

(02-07-2018 04:05 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:56 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  FWIW* I was told weeks ago and posted on here that we were about to get the info. Then I was told the snow delayed the info (I do not know why) and we would get it the next week. Then on Friday of that week. Since then crickets and I can't get anybody to tell me anything. As I noted in January I have heard the plans have been scaled back due to inflationary construction costs but how much or how bad I was never told. Finally with respect to Harry Minium's recent report on the stadium expansion at Liberty, I wonder if he did it to try and kick start ODU into releasing some info on our stadium?

To add a little to your account. I spoke to someone about a week ago, and while they did not tell me anything specific, they seemed to imply that there is more bad news on the horizon. I get the feeling that the AD is not a particularly happy place to be right now with regards to football.

I'm totally expecting them to kick the can down the road for a few more years. I'm thinking the money issue and the Cox bill totally poisoned what they were hoping to accomplish.
02-07-2018 04:20 PM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU

Monarchblue, thanks for your info but if you don't mind I have a question about your AD comment? I have been told by actual ODU insiders, some fairly serious $$$ contributors and others whose info I value that our AD/WS has been pretty much totally out of the loop on the new stadium. I was told Harnage was in total control (until he retired) and Selig was only given the stadium details the night before the Board and public were told at the Populous presentation. I am also told he is still not in the loop on the stadium with regards to updates. Have you heard similar stuff or am I seriously misinformed by a lot of people?
02-07-2018 04:27 PM
jasdf Offline
Banned

(02-07-2018 04:11 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  As upset as we are imagine what they're going through? Like, career ending or tarnishing situations.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. No sympathy here
02-07-2018 04:57 PM
jasdf Offline
Banned

If the athletic director is not a part of the process of building the most important building in our athletic history then I just don't even know what to say about our schools leadership anymore. What a disappointment this whole fbs crap is turning out to be, ten thousand Bahama bowl trophies won't sweeten the sour from this debacle if they do not get it right
02-07-2018 04:59 PM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(02-07-2018 04:27 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  

Monarchblue, thanks for your info but if you don't mind I have a question about your AD comment? I have been told by actual ODU insiders, some fairly serious $$$ contributors and others whose info I value that our AD/WS has been pretty much totally out of the loop on the new stadium. I was told Harnage was in total control (until he retired) and Selig was only given the stadium details the night before the Board and public were told at the Populous presentation. I am also told he is still not in the loop on the stadium with regards to updates. Have you heard similar stuff or am I seriously misinformed by a lot of people?

I have not heard anything specifically about Selig's involvement.
02-07-2018 05:00 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-07-2018 04:59 PM)jasdf Wrote:  If the athletic director is not a part of the process of building the most important building in our athletic history then I just don't even know what to say about our schools leadership anymore. What a disappointment this whole fbs crap is turning out to be, ten thousand Bahama bowl trophies won't sweeten the sour from this debacle if they do not get it right

Agreed. Somehow, someway, they have to deliver on what they promised. If Wood and Broderick have to give up part of their salaries, or we have to sell beer in the stadium, or we have to have a sponsor sticker on every trashcan, urinal and pretzel wrapper, if we have to beg Norfolk for some money... somehow they have to get it right or someone needs to be fired.

Maybe its time for one last ask from Heinike, Lovato, Bazemore and Verlander.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 05:09 PM by monarx.)
02-07-2018 05:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.