UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cayman Island Classic: UAB to Face Youthful Richmond Squad in Tourney Opener
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
MyBB Cayman Island Classic: UAB to Face Youthful Richmond Squad in Tourney Opener
11-19-2017 02:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

RE: Cayman Island Classic: UAB to Face Youthful Richmond Squad in Tourney Opener
KenPom has it: UAB 75 - Richmond 71.

Richmond (0-2) was down to Delaware (2-1) 49-18 at halftime, and lost 76-63. Richmond was down to Jacksonville State (2-1) 50-29 at halftime, and lost 94-61. Both games were at Richmond.

Yet, Pomeroy only has UAB favored by 4 on a neutral court. UAB is ranked 118th today, while Richmond is 187th.

Richmond plays in the Atlantic 10 Conference, and is currently projected to go 10-18 overall and 7-11 in conference. The Atlantic 10 is ranked 9th in the country. C-USA is currently ranked 18th.

KenPom only has Richmond favored in 5 games the rest of this season. As BlazerGold09 posted, Richmond is extremely young and has a player injured.

I like UAB winning by more than 10.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 03:25 PM by KevMo4UAB.)
11-19-2017 03:14 PM
UABfan1 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: Cayman Island Classic: UAB to Face Youthful Richmond Squad in Tourney Opener
(11-19-2017 03:14 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  KenPom has it: UAB 75 - Richmond 71.

Richmond (0-2) was down to Delaware (2-1) 49-18 at halftime, and lost 76-63. Richmond was down to Jacksonville State (2-1) 50-29 at halftime, and lost 94-61. Both games were at Richmond.

Yet, Pomeroy only has UAB favored by 4 on a neutral court. UAB is ranked 118th today, while Richmond is 187th.

Richmond plays in the Atlantic 10 Conference, and is currently projected to go 10-18 overall and 7-11 in conference. The Atlantic 10 is ranked 9th in the country. C-USA is currently ranked 18th.

KenPom only has Richmond favored in 5 games the rest of this season. As BlazerGold09 posted, Richmond is extremely young and has a player injured.

I like UAB winning by more than 10.

We need to win by 20+. Even though there is a chance their injured guy returns.
We recruited their freshman point guard, Gilyard.

2 other point guards we recruited are also starting for UTEP & WKU.
Hopefully, Scootie outshines them all. We need Nick back to shooting form.
11-19-2017 05:57 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We need to win.period. Fans need to quit acting like this is a gimme game. I don't care about their other scores.

A win is all we need. The only reason a big margin would be good is so we can rest players since we are going three games in three days.
11-19-2017 06:25 PM
Advertisement

TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

(11-19-2017 06:25 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  We need to win.period. Fans need to quit acting like this is a gimme game. I don't care about their other scores.

A win is all we need. The only reason a big margin would be good is so we can rest players since we are going three games in three days.
Yep! Three games in three days. Also it also depends on how much "sleep" the players get each night. Youngsters these days are notorious for leaving their cell phones on and getting texted by young females in the middle of the night and not going to sleep until two o'clock in the morning, not to mention being all wound up from gallivanting around on the beach. If I was coach, I would confiscate their phones to prevent all of that. I would lay two dollars to a doughnut that half of the players won't sleep five hours a night when they are down there. Believe me, it takes its toll on their performance when it comes to game time. Bartow used to have to fore warn his players to get plenty of sleep the nights before game days, as well as on the road and during tournaments. It makes a huge difference when the players have had eight hours of sleep each night as opposed to four or five.
11-19-2017 10:50 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-19-2017 10:50 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 06:25 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  We need to win.period. Fans need to quit acting like this is a gimme game. I don't care about their other scores.

Yep! Three games in three days. Also it also depends on how much "sleep" the players get each night. Youngsters these days are notorious for leaving their cell phones on and getting texted by young females in the middle of the night and not going to sleep until two o'clock in the morning, not to mention being all wound up from gallivanting around on the beach. If I was coach, I would confiscate their phones to prevent all of that. I would lay two dollars to a doughnut that half of the players won't sleep five hours a night when they are down there. Believe me, it takes its toll on their performance when it comes to game time. Bartow used to have to fore warn his players to get plenty of sleep the nights before game days, as well as on the road and during tournaments. It makes a huge difference when the players have had eight hours of sleep each night as opposed to four or five.

Well if all those horrible things happen (texts by young females OMG), we can rest easy knowing the same thing will happen 7 other teams, thus equalizing everything.
11-19-2017 11:42 PM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

You have problems
11-20-2017 12:26 AM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(11-20-2017 12:26 AM)Blazer88 Wrote:  

You have problems

It's 11:26 when you posted. You should be in bed by now. Are you texting young females?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 12:47 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
11-20-2017 12:47 AM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

I don't have problems, or a curfew. I do have years of experience listening to Coach and his assistant coaches preach to his players that good sleep habits lead to better play on the court, especially the night before games(home or away).

In the mean time you(Blazer88) sit in the stands wondering why some of the guys aren't playing with a full head of steam, look up at the score and the team is ten points behind instead of ten points ahead.

You have lack of knowledge.
11-20-2017 02:01 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(11-20-2017 02:01 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  I don't have problems, or a curfew. I do have years of experience listening to Coach and his assistant coaches preach to his players that good sleep habits lead to better play on the court, especially the night before games(home or away).

In the mean time you(Blazer88) sit in the stands wondering why some of the guys aren't playing with a full head of steam, look up at the score and the team is ten points behind instead of ten points ahead.

You have lack of knowledge.

No. He was up too late last night sending text messages to young females on his cellular phone, or he is still too wound up from his exciting weekend.
11-20-2017 02:10 PM
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
Well...Iowa won’t win it all...taken down by ULaLa
11-20-2017 02:20 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
Early season games are crazy. Lots of teams slip up on these type of games. Hard to get a sense of things in the basketball world until probably at least mid December.
11-20-2017 02:22 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2017 02:22 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Early season games are crazy. Lots of teams slip up on these type of games. Hard to get a sense of things in the basketball world until probably at least mid December.

I’m not sure there’s a ton of evidence to support that. I think the big favorites in these tournaments that were slotted to meet in the finals end up making it there more often than not
11-20-2017 03:37 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

Looks like Wyoming vs. Louisiana in the 1st semifinal
11-20-2017 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.