Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Healthcare Executive Order
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Healthcare Executive Order
I hate the use of "legislative" executive orders....but this is so much common sense I can't believe this idiot congress screwed around so long that it required this.

Now can cross state lines for healthcare plans. Will be able to aggregate and access trade union and association plans. What Sen. Rand Paul was pushing all along.

Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.
10-12-2017 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: Healthcare Executive Order
Muh pen and muh phone

Progressives cannot say shite. I told them someone would eventually take the precedent and write executive orders they didn't like.

Hence Trump
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 12:28 PM by EverRespect.)
10-12-2017 12:27 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(10-12-2017 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I hate the use of "legislative" executive orders....but this is so much common sense I can't believe this idiot congress screwed around so long that it required this.

Now can cross state lines for healthcare plans. Will be able to aggregate and access trade union and association plans. What Sen. Rand Paul was pushing all along.

Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

04-clap2
10-12-2017 12:29 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I desperately want this to happen. I'm self-employed. My health insurance premium is second only to my mortgage.

But per the analysis from Reason, this is like celebrating that you've won at the beginning of a marathon. http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/12/trumps...es-it-easi
10-12-2017 12:31 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Shortening the enrollment period is a good thing?
10-12-2017 12:33 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(10-12-2017 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

Ooo-ooo, let me try!

F* these a-holes
This strips basic protections from everyone
Push grandma off the cliff
Trump is trying to murder people
It's stupid
Jesus Christ himself could come down all trumpets and angels and denounce it and they'd still run ahead with it
If it were ever time to hit the streets, this would be the time.
They'll kill brown people.
If I weren't crying, I'd be laughing, because it's really laughable.
It's amazing how the GOP relentlessly serves evil.
Koch Brothers
Veterans will die
10-12-2017 12:37 PM
Advertisement

ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

I Root For: Marshall
I expected to see the same people who screamed "KING OBAMA! KING OBAMA!" and decried the use of executive orders come out and do the same for Trump.

Silly me for thinking anyone would be consistent. Blind partisanship rules the day on both sides.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 12:53 PM by ARandomHerdFan.)
10-12-2017 12:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(10-12-2017 12:31 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  I desperately want this to happen. I'm self-employed. My health insurance premium is second only to my mortgage.

But per the analysis from Reason, this is like celebrating that you've won at the beginning of a marathon. http://reason.com/blog/2017/10/12/trumps...es-it-easi

It is a disaster for self employed, independent contractors, small biz, but anything to get a pass from the mandates in obamacare policies is big. Are you married? guessing no because if she worked and a policy that you could be on that would be big.

At this point for self employed people, marry a really good friend male or female that works for a fortune 500 or ABC school district and get on their plan. Choice has vanished, policy cost skyrocketed, and coverage blows. You used to be able to get an 80% catastrophic plan, if something bad happened, for $200 a month.
10-12-2017 12:53 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(10-12-2017 12:52 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  I expected to see the same people who screamed "KING OBAMA! KING OBAMA!" and decried the use of executive orders come out and do the same for Trump.

Silly me for thinking anyone would be consistent. Blind partisanship rules the day on both sides.

That is your contribution to this topic?

Good Lord.
10-12-2017 12:58 PM
ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

(10-12-2017 12:58 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:52 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  I expected to see the same people who screamed "KING OBAMA! KING OBAMA!" and decried the use of executive orders come out and do the same for Trump.

Good Lord.

Yep.

I know it's not as dynamite as "muh pen and muh phone" or LordStanley's incredible thought-provoking contribution, but it'll have to do.
10-12-2017 01:01 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(10-12-2017 12:52 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  Silly me for thinking anyone would be consistent. Blind partisanship rules the day on both sides.

I for one make no excuses because I don't want liberals and their destructive policies to be implemented.
10-12-2017 01:04 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(10-12-2017 01:01 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  

Good Lord.

Yep.

I know it's not as dynamite as "muh pen and muh phone" or LordStanley's incredible thought-provoking contribution, but it'll have to do.

You mad? Losing isn't a lot of fun, is it? I suggest getting onboard the train!
10-12-2017 01:06 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
anything that provides alternatives to the failing exchanges are a good thing.
10-12-2017 01:06 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
So what are you really mad about, Random? The fact that its an executive order or the fact that this is potentially a good development for people who have been screwed over by this failing piece of legislation?
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 01:09 PM by rath v2.0.)
10-12-2017 01:09 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(10-12-2017 01:01 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  LordStanley's incredible thought-provoking contribution.

04-rock

Those were almost verbatim from comments on a liberal website. All I did was change up the swear words.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 01:29 PM by Lord Stanley.)
10-12-2017 01:09 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(10-12-2017 01:01 PM)ARandomHerdFan Wrote:  

Good Lord.

Yep.

It's hyper-partisanship disguised as a rant against hyper-partisanship.
10-12-2017 01:14 PM
Advertisement

ARandomHerdFan Offline
User Banned

(10-12-2017 01:09 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  So what are you really mad about, Random? The fact that its an executive order or the fact that this is potentially a good development for people who have been screwed over by this failing piece of legislation?

I'm not mad at all over the executive order, and it'll be great if it helps people.

The annoyance is the absolute hypocrisy of both sides of the aisle when it comes to these things.

For Republicans/conservatives, when Obama signed executive orders, he was a "king" or a "dictator". Everything he signed was an abuse of power. Now that Trump is in office, executive orders are awesome.

For Democrats/liberals, just flip those two... they were awesome during Obama's tenure and are now the worst thing in the world. You can also throw in the constant "BUT BUSH SIGNED MORE" comments that tried to justify everything.
10-12-2017 01:28 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
I would have been much happier if Congress could have done its job. However, Trump did not dismantle Obamacare. He used the power the law granted to the executive by the legislature. He didn't even get rid of the individual mandate.

I just don't see this as apples to apples comparison.
10-12-2017 01:53 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(10-12-2017 12:37 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 12:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Que the liberal anti trump talking points being emailed out from the mothership.

Ooo-ooo, let me try!

F* these a-holes
This strips basic protections from everyone
Push grandma off the cliff
Trump is trying to murder people
It's stupid
Jesus Christ himself could come down all trumpets and angels and denounce it and they'd still run ahead with it
If it were ever time to hit the streets, this would be the time.
They'll kill brown people.
If I weren't crying, I'd be laughing, because it's really laughable.
It's amazing how the GOP relentlessly serves evil.
Koch Brothers
Veterans will die

Admit it....you just copied and pasted Democratic Underground didn't you?
10-12-2017 01:58 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(10-12-2017 01:53 PM)solohawks Wrote:  I would have been much happier if Congress could have done its job. However, Trump did not dismantle Obamacare. He used the power the law granted to the executive by the legislature. He didn't even get rid of the individual mandate.

Yep.

Quote:I just don't see this as apples to apples comparison.
It's not. It's just yet another in a series of misguided rants from the left trying to compare things that aren't truly the same. Much like Mach's constant rants about private email use.
10-12-2017 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.