Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone catch this piece on WDAM tonight?
Bookmark and Share
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
Anyone catch this piece on WDAM tonight?
Looks like a bunch of people that will donate to the Eagle Club when (if?) they graduate.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 02:12 AM by BeagleUSM.)
08-12-2017 12:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tg300 Offline
Banned

RE: Anyone catch this piece on WDAM tonight?
Honestly didn't know WDAM still existed much less had a 'news' broadcast.
08-12-2017 09:02 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(08-12-2017 09:02 AM)tg300 Wrote:  Honestly didn't know WDAM still existed much less had a 'news' broadcast.

I have fond memories of Kelly Higdon Foster and Rex Thompson competing to see who could use the phrase "on tap" more frequently.
08-12-2017 10:14 AM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

My fondest memories of watching WDAM involve Jeanne Burns anchoring on the weekends. When one of my buddies found out she was leaving the station, he didn't even want to tell me because he knew how sad I'd be.
08-12-2017 11:39 AM
CajunEagle Offline
Bench Warmer

(08-12-2017 11:39 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  My fondest memories of watching WDAM involve Jeanne Burns anchoring on the weekends. When one of my buddies found out she was leaving the station, he didn't even want to tell me because he knew how sad I'd be.

Jeanne is over here in Baton Rouge on the third rated station WVLA (NBC), and has been here quite a while Still doing the news.....lovely and smart.......but time has taken it's toll.
08-12-2017 01:51 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(08-12-2017 01:51 PM)CajunEagle Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 11:39 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  My fondest memories of watching WDAM involve Jeanne Burns anchoring on the weekends. When one of my buddies found out she was leaving the station, he didn't even want to tell me because he knew how sad I'd be.

Jeanne is over here in Baton Rouge on the third rated station WVLA (NBC), and has been here quite a while Still doing the news.....lovely and smart.......but time has taken it's toll.

Yeah, my folks live in the greater BR area, so I've seen her on there from time to time when I visit. She's definitely er, filled out a bit.

Many years ago, I was on the sideline of a game with a WAFB camera man when she was working there, and I casually asked if he knew her. He then proceeded, with no instigation from me, to tell me about her showing up at the station some mornings in yoga pants, and how it was glorious.
08-12-2017 02:04 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

Nothing hotter than a curvy brunette with "**** me" eyes.
08-12-2017 04:25 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
(08-12-2017 04:25 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  Nothing hotter than a curvy brunette with "**** me" eyes.

...still not even one pic of this chick..........you people suck at message boarding.....I mean, you really f'ing suck at it.
08-12-2017 05:25 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

08-12-2017 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(08-12-2017 05:34 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  I googled her.

http://www.brproud.com/contact/bios/jean.../416925778

...meh.....it ain't movin over that.
08-12-2017 05:48 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(08-12-2017 10:14 AM)AndreWhere Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 09:02 AM)tg300 Wrote:  Honestly didn't know WDAM still existed much less had a 'news' broadcast.

I have fond memories of Kelly Higdon Foster and Rex Thompson competing to see who could use the phrase "on tap" more frequently.

IF it was "there's more beer 'on tap' on the way", I'm fine with it! 04-cheers
08-12-2017 06:48 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(08-12-2017 05:48 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  

That bio won't show on my phone, but yeah, you shoulda seen her 20 years ago. Miss LSU 1987 & Miss Louisiana 1990. Wanna say she won the swimsuit competition at one of them.

Come to think of it, maybe my access to that page is blocked as part of the restraining order. 05-duck
08-12-2017 07:00 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(08-12-2017 05:48 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  

What's wrong with you people?
08-13-2017 12:20 PM
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Been searching the YouTubes for old WDAM videos. This doesn't give a date but I'm assuming this was late 80s/early 90s.

08-14-2017 09:47 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

...holy HOLY CRAP.....where did you find that beag?....I knew that girl in the video (red shirt and white pants) who did the sports for DAM...That is 1986 I think......I went to New Orleans with her for a Saints game she was covering...it was Saints vs Redskins and George Rodgers had been traded from the Saints to them the year before....we had media sideline passes.....he ran out of bounds on one play and nearly rolled my ass....I helped him up and looked up on the Jumbo tron and there I was on TV...He went on to have a big game and Skins beat the Saints......then went into the locker room and a one of the Off Lineman was just cussing and screaming...."we never should have traded George.....ya'll done F'd up man....shiiiiiiiiii"......walked outside and got to meet backup QB Babe Laufenberg who had just got to New Orleans a few days earlier and had no idea how to get out of the Superdome or which way the taxi stand was...I had no idea either so I was of no help.

sidenote:.......this actually did happen to Nugget...I am not making this up like some people on here have a tendency to do.....so there.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 10:10 PM by Nugget's Ghost.)
08-14-2017 10:09 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(08-14-2017 10:09 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...holy HOLY CRAP.....where did you find that beag?....I knew that girl in the video (red shirt and white pants) who did the sports for DAM...That is 1986 I think......I went to New Orleans with her for a Saints game she was covering...it was Saints vs Redskins and George Rodgers had been traded from the Saints to them the year before....we had media sideline passes.....he ran out of bounds on one play and nearly rolled my ass....I helped him up and looked up on the Jumbo tron and there I was on TV...He went on to have a big game and Skins beat the Saints......then went into the locker room and a one of the Off Lineman was just cussing and screaming...."we never should have traded George.....ya'll done F'd up man....shiiiiiiiiii"......walked outside and got to meet backup QB Babe Laufenberg who had just got to New Orleans a few days earlier and had no idea how to get out of the Superdome or which way the taxi stand was...I had no idea either so I was of no help.

sidenote:.......this actually did happen to Nugget...I am not making this up like some people on here have a tendency to do.....so there.

Sorry nuggy, I've heard that same story at least half a dozen times...from guys who girls would actually let take them to N'Awlins! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017 10:18 PM by eaglebeaver.)
08-14-2017 10:18 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(08-14-2017 10:09 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...holy HOLY CRAP.....where did you find that beat?

Went on the YouTubes and searched WDAM vintage.

08-14-2017 10:27 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

...Mitch was there while I was in school...Mitch was my favorite........Loved the Mitch!
08-14-2017 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.