Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bathroom Bills - Finally an example of a problem.
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Bathroom Bills - Finally an example of a problem.
(07-17-2017 11:44 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  You simply cannot credibly claim that these bills aren't hateful towards LGBT persons and defend these laws. You're certainly welcome to try.

No more or less than opposition to these bills isn't hateful toward people who don't want persons who are physically of the opposite sex intruding into their rest rooms. Where and to what extent do you consider the rights of those people? What do you see as an equitable disposition of the rights of both parties?

This is your problem. You consider ONLY the alleged "rights" of LGBT persons. There are other people who are affected negatively by the positions that you advocate. Their rights are not to be trampled on by you or any other LGBT person.

Want to disagree? Fine, how would you propose to accommodate the rights of those people?
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 11:53 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
07-17-2017 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(07-17-2017 11:52 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 11:49 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 11:44 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 11:27 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(07-16-2017 02:31 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Maybe it's hard to change a birth cert because body mutilation doesn't change what you are, as your birth certificate correctly states.

If I choose to castrate myself and cut my dick off...It does not change my DNA. Im am still male.

OK. so where should a F to M Transman use the restroom? Under the GOP plan, its the LADIES room.

Where do you think he should use the restroom?

And if he is complying with the law, what should be the penalty for those that humiliate, assault, and murder them for doing so?

----

You simply cannot credibly claim that these bills aren't hateful towards LGBT persons and defend these laws. You're certainly welcome to try.

First of all it's not a "he". They all need to use the restroom at home.

Which is EXACTLY the point of the GOP laws. To prevent Trans people from engaging in commerce, going to school, having a job.

Thank you for proving my point that these bills are hateful towards Trans people.

"trans people" are degenerates.
07-17-2017 11:54 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(07-17-2017 11:53 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 11:44 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  You simply cannot credibly claim that these bills aren't hateful towards LGBT persons and defend these laws. You're certainly welcome to try.

No more or less than opposition to these bills isn't hateful toward people who don't want persons who are physically of the opposite sex intruding into their rest rooms. Where and to what extent do you consider the rights of those people? What do you see as an equitable disposition of the rights of both parties?

This is your problem. You consider ONLY the alleged "rights" of LGBT persons. There are other people who are affected negatively by the positions that you advocate. Their rights are not to be trampled on by you or any other LGBT person.

Want to disagree? Fine, how would you propose to accommodate the rights of those people?

Public restrooms are public. They exist to facilitate commerce and the ability of everyone to function in society. If you create constraints, you place a MUCH higher burden on the person being constrained.

There's really only one solution. If one has transitioned, then they should be legally recognized as the gender they've transitioned to.

For those transitioning under the care of a medical doctor, they should be considered the gender they are transitioning to, so long as they are compliant with their transition plan.

A person can be only one gender, and gender changes can have regulations as what constitutes compliance. But that should never ever ever result in any discrimination or bans from student or adult life.
---

The practical problem is that the GOP is suposedly (they're really just heaping hate on Trans people) trying to do two things here.
1) Refuse to recognize Trans people as existing.
2) Ban anyone that has ever been considered one gender from using the restroom or changing facility designed for the other gender

From a practical perspective number 1 and 2 are not compatible. You can't do 2 in any non-hateful way without addressing number 1 in a way that will not enrage the Transphobic haters in the GOP.

---

Some of the posters in here get it. They want to remove Trans people from the ability to function in society. Can't participate in sports, can't go shopping or have a job.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 12:05 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
07-17-2017 12:03 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-17-2017 12:03 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Public restrooms are public. They exist to facilitate commerce and the ability of everyone to function in society. If you create constraints, you place a MUCH higher burden on the person being constrained.
There's really only one solution. If one has transitioned, then they should be legally recognized as the gender they've transitioned to.
For those transitioning under the care of a medical doctor, they should be considered the gender they are transitioning to, so long as they are compliant with their transition plan.
A person can be only one gender, and gender changes can have regulations as what constitutes compliance. But that should never ever ever result in any discrimination or bans from student or adult life.
---
The practical problem is that the GOP is suposedly (they're really just heaping hate on Trans people) trying to do two things here.
2) Ban anyone that has ever been considered one gender from using the restroom or changing facility designed for the other gender
From a practical perspective number 1 and 2 are not compatible. You can't do 2 in any non-hateful way without addressing number 1 in a way that will not enrage the Transphobic haters in the GOP.
---
Some of the posters in here get it. They want to remove Trans people from the ability to function in society. Can't participate in sports, can't go shopping or have a job.

So the only people whose rights matter are trans people?

I don't really have a problem with what you appear to be proposing here. If you've had your male parts cut off, then I have no problem with your using the women's room. Similarly, if you've have supposed male parts attached, I have no problem with your using the boys's room. That makes more sense to me than birth certificate.

But I do think that in any matter as private as rest rooms, there needs to be an objective standard, not you go where you want to.
07-17-2017 12:14 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2017 12:14 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 12:03 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Public restrooms are public. They exist to facilitate commerce and the ability of everyone to function in society. If you create constraints, you place a MUCH higher burden on the person being constrained.
---
---

I don't really have a problem with what you appear to be proposing here. If you've had your male parts cut off, then I have no problem with your using the women's room. Similarly, if you've have supposed male parts attached, I have no problem with your using the boys's room. That makes more sense to me than birth certificate.

But I do think that in any matter as private as rest rooms, there needs to be an objective standard, not you go where you want to.

I don't think the Trans groups really are against having an objective standard so long as that standard recognizes their gender identity as post op or transitioning under the care of a medical doctor.

There's like 5 people who want unisex restrooms everywhere. They aren't the real issue here.

But understand that the GOP, especially here in Texas, knows that they cannot sell 'hey lets fire Gays from all their jobs' anymore. So they wrap up non-discrimination protections as 'bathroom protection bills' regardless of whether or not these bills address bathrooms at all.

They see some 2016 version of "Birth of a Nation" of demonizing Trans persons (wrongly) as threatening their daughters as politically profitable. So they do it. Out of pure hate.

---

You don't have a right to be 'comfortable'. And if you do, it shouldn't outweigh someone else's right to participate in society. The right you seem to be thinking I'm ignoring would be similar to someone advocating for criminal penalties for criticizing Trump (or Obama). You might be uncomfortable with it, but tough ****.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 12:40 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
07-17-2017 12:33 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(07-17-2017 12:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 12:14 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
---
---

I don't think the Trans groups really are against having an objective standard so long as that standard recognizes their gender identity as post op or transitioning under the care of a medical doctor.

Tough tittie. Inverting a ***** into something resembling a ****** makes that person no more of a woman than for me to have my tongue surgically forked makes me into a snake.
07-17-2017 01:18 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(07-15-2017 03:53 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 03:49 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  it has to suck to be you.....

you surprise nobody with this argument....

Its your side's argument guys. That these crimes happen because Trans kids aren't insulted in schools and hounded from any participation in public life.

No it's not... Tom... Never has been. You're the only one who says this so you can argue with it
07-17-2017 01:48 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(07-15-2017 04:09 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 04:04 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 03:59 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 03:57 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(07-15-2017 03:53 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Its your side's argument guys. That these crimes happen because Trans kids aren't insulted in schools and hounded from any participation in public life.

how many times do I have to remind you my first roomie was gay???

it's your problemo.....not mine amigo....

LOL. "I can't be a homophobe or transphobe....I've got (or had) one Gay friend".

you do love some wiffle ball....none of us really care until it gets tossed like salad in ze face......we'll just leave it there....if you're too dense to figure that one out, again, I can't help ya.....

Actually, the party you support cares plenty about abusing Gay people. And you think 'throwing it in our face' is simply demanding full equality. Because you think that you get to decide for us what is enough of fourth or fifth class treatment.

In order to be friends with someone, you have to see them as an equal. You don't see Gay people as equals. That's clear.

I see them as sick fuqs, plain and simple, with no apologies whatsoever.
07-17-2017 02:28 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Have a *****, use the men's restroom and locker room, end of discussion.
07-17-2017 03:31 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
"trans people" should use the bathroom at their local mental hospital.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
07-17-2017 04:30 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Cutting off or attaching a dong is malpractice. It's a mental issue and should be treated as such, not as a physical issue.

What other mental illness is it appropriate to mutilate someone. You cut out a cancer or a diseased appendix, not a healthy functioning sex organ.
07-17-2017 04:42 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-17-2017 12:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  You don't have a right to be 'comfortable'. And if you do, it shouldn't outweigh someone else's right to participate in society. The right you seem to be thinking I'm ignoring would be similar to someone advocating for criminal penalties for criticizing Trump (or Obama). You might be uncomfortable with it, but tough ****.

Nobody is denying anyone's right to participate in society. Cut the hyperbolic BS.

They can still pee, they just have to do it in the room that fits their equipment. I fail to see how that is much of an imposition on anyone.

I'm fine with post-ops using the room that fits their post-op status. Tying it to birth certificate is stupid. And I oppose any bill that ties any sort of occupational or other discrimination to the bathroom provisions. But a bathroom provision standing alone doesn't deprive anyone of the right to pee or poop.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 05:55 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
07-17-2017 05:54 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2017 05:54 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 12:33 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  You don't have a right to be 'comfortable'. And if you do, it shouldn't outweigh someone else's right to participate in society. The right you seem to be thinking I'm ignoring would be similar to someone advocating for criminal penalties for criticizing Trump (or Obama). You might be uncomfortable with it, but tough ****.

Nobody is denying anyone's right to participate in society. Cut the hyperbolic BS.

They can still pee, they just have to do it in the room that fits their equipment. I fail to see how that is much of an imposition on anyone.

I'm fine with post-ops using the room that fits their post-op status. Tying it to birth certificate is stupid. And I oppose any bill that ties any sort of occupational or other discrimination to the bathroom provisions. But a bathroom provision standing alone doesn't deprive anyone of the right to pee or poop.

Actually the Texas Bill does NOT mandate that Trans people use the bathroom consistent with their equipment. It mandates that people use the restroom consistent with the equipment they were BORN with, not as they have now.

So, if you support the Texas Bathroom Bill, or the politicians who support it, youre exposing Trans people to violence (imagine the male with a ***** in the ladies room), unjustified arrest, and extreme harassment. And it will make it HARDER not easier for entities to keep males out of the ladies room. All the Texas bill does is expose Trans persons to abuse. And business owners are going to get sued left and right. Call the police on a man in the ladies room? If that man was born a female, hello lawsuit.

The Texas Bill and the Mississippi Law don't keep men out of the ladies room, but rather MANDATES it.

---

Part of your issue is that you fundamentally mistake what you want the law to be, with what it actually is.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 07:01 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
07-17-2017 06:52 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2017 04:42 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Cutting off or attaching a dong is malpractice. It's a mental issue and should be treated as such, not as a physical issue.

What other mental illness is it appropriate to mutilate someone. You cut out a cancer or a diseased appendix, not a healthy functioning sex organ.

Hundreds of thousands of practicing medical professionals agree with me. Your side has, maybe 200 practicing 'doctors' supporting your view.
07-17-2017 06:54 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(07-17-2017 06:54 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 04:42 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Cutting off or attaching a dong is malpractice. It's a mental issue and should be treated as such, not as a physical issue.

Hundreds of thousands of practicing medical professionals agree with me. Your side has, maybe 200 practicing 'doctors' supporting your view.

Doctors are required to treat illnesses and that is what they would be doing. This is what has become of the Hippocratic Oath in a post modern world.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 07:29 PM by LeFlâneur.)
07-17-2017 07:26 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU

Why would you think I care about what you and thousands of other loons think.

It's a mental disorder. Period. Mutilating healthy bodies is malpractice.
07-17-2017 11:06 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(07-17-2017 03:31 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Have a *****, use the men's restroom and locker room, end of discussion.

Thats exactly how the VAST majority of people in America see this. Somehow this tiny segment of the population that "made a choice" to cause a problem now gets to force its will on the majority. This is the new America and most of us don't like where we are going.
07-18-2017 05:45 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(07-18-2017 05:45 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(07-17-2017 03:31 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Have a *****, use the men's restroom and locker room, end of discussion.

Thats exactly how the VAST majority of people in America see this. Somehow this tiny segment of the population that "made a choice" to cause a problem now gets to force its will on the majority. This is the new America and most of us don't like where we are going.

Are we really back to the "LGBT is a choice" line of thinking again?
07-18-2017 07:44 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(07-17-2017 11:06 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Why would you think I care about what you and thousands of other loons think.

It's a mental disorder. Period. Mutilating healthy bodies is malpractice.

Especially since evidence shows that what those quacks are doing does little to nothing to resolve the underlying issues.

> The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9).

> Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.

Someone has a mental issue, you mutilate their body with the promise that they will feel better. But they don't feel better and get even more despondent.
07-18-2017 07:46 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(07-18-2017 07:44 AM)john01992 Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 05:45 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Are we really back to the "LGBT is a choice" line of thinking again?

I don't know John.... I mean after 20 years of "fixed at birth" all of the sudden your side is pushing "fluid" so why don't you guys make up your mind before you move forward with wrecking society ok?
07-18-2017 07:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.