Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GCU Midnight Madness 2017
Bookmark and Share
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
MyBB GCU Midnight Madness 2017
Fri, Oct 6th, 2017

99 days away, Lopes fans! From disco to Star Wars to apocalypse, the production level of MM rarely disappoints. It's rumored that a Pirates of the Caribbean theme is on-deck for this year.

I'd love to see a couple new things out of MM2017. A true slam dunk, 3 point, and/or co-ed shooting competition could be cool. They could even do like NBA All-Star weekend and have multiple MBB & WBB teams of 3 (current player, alumni player, & a coach) do a timed layup/FT/3pt/halfcourt. What I REALLY want to see is Coach Majerle & Coach Powell go head-to-head shooting!

The other piece that would be nice is finding a way to invite/involve the community to be a part. I know it's tough to do when your building holds 7200 & you have at least that many students on campus who want to/will go, but still. I actually REALLY liked how ASU took theirs outdoors on to Mill Ave last year. Maybe do something family-friendly like that earlier in the day/evening away from the arena. Then still let the college kids have their rave, or whatever it is they do, at Midnight Madness.
06-29-2017 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
RE: GCU Midnight Madness 2017
(06-29-2017 07:55 AM)gleadley Wrote:  Fri, Oct 6th, 2017

99 days away, Lopes fans! From disco to Star Wars to apocalypse, the production level of MM rarely disappoints. It's rumored that a Pirates of the Caribbean theme is on-deck for this year.

I'd love to see a couple new things out of MM2017. A true slam dunk, 3 point, and/or co-ed shooting competition could be cool. They could even do like NBA All-Star weekend and have multiple MBB & WBB teams of 3 (current player, alumni player, & a coach) do a timed layup/FT/3pt/halfcourt. What I REALLY want to see is Coach Majerle & Coach Powell go head-to-head shooting!

The other piece that would be nice is finding a way to invite/involve the community to be a part. I know it's tough to do when your building holds 7200 & you have at least that many students on campus who want to/will go, but still. I actually REALLY liked how ASU took theirs outdoors on to Mill Ave last year. Maybe do something family-friendly like that earlier in the day/evening away from the arena. Then still let the college kids have their rave, or whatever it is they do, at Midnight Madness.
Yeah man, I know we have talked about this off message board and I am with you. The space over by the hotel and restaurant would be perfect for what you are talking about. I would love MM to look more like the college basketball 3pt and slam dunk that was at GCU this past season.
06-29-2017 12:07 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(06-29-2017 12:07 PM)LopesUp Wrote:  
(06-29-2017 07:55 AM)gleadley Wrote:  Fri, Oct 6th, 2017

Yeah man, I know we have talked about this off message board and I am with you. The space over by the hotel and restaurant would be perfect for what you are talking about. I would love MM to look more like the college basketball 3pt and slam dunk that was at GCU this past season.

What I would love to see is all that you guys talked about plus try and bring back some team alumni from the D1 era who have helped build the program like Grandy, Ryan, Basketball Jesus, etc.
06-29-2017 02:13 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

These guys have never really left though and I'm sure they will be there anyways.
06-29-2017 07:16 PM
Advertisement

ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

(06-29-2017 07:16 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  These guys have never really left though and I'm sure they will be there anyways.

I'm talking like actually have them be a part of it though. It would be nice to have the newer Havocs know and understand what some of these guys have done for us, especially with us having this new opportunity at the D1 level this year.
06-29-2017 08:52 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I think having past GCU players do something like how NFL teams have past players and celebs raise flags or swing towels to get ppl pumped would be cool.
06-29-2017 09:05 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(06-29-2017 08:52 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  
(06-29-2017 07:16 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  These guys have never really left though and I'm sure they will be there anyways.

I'm talking like actually have them be a part of it though. It would be nice to have the newer Havocs know and understand what some of these guys have done for us, especially with us having this new opportunity at the D1 level this year.

I want to see a WBB Current/Alumni/Coach team of Vanessa Murphy, Samantha Murphy, & Coach Powell bury almost any other team you could put together in a shooting competition.

Let's here it: WBB and/or MBB, who are your three?
06-30-2017 02:22 AM
Advertisement

LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-30-2017 02:22 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

I want to see a WBB Current/Alumni/Coach team of Vanessa Murphy, Samantha Murphy, & Coach Powell bury almost any other team you could put together in a shooting competition.

Nice, I'll play along. I'm going to mix it up a bit
MBB
Brad Carroll, Joshua Braun, T.J. Benson
WBB
Maylinn Smith, Jessica Gajewski, Nikki Blue
06-30-2017 02:16 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

BIG SHOT BRAD! When you said you were going to mix it up, I totally expected you to hit us with a Nick Witherill or something.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2017 02:45 PM by gleadley.)
06-30-2017 02:36 PM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-30-2017 02:36 PM)gleadley Wrote:  BIG SHOT BRAD! When you said you were going to mix it up, I totally expected you to hit us with a Nick Witherill or something.

I had considered The Thrill and Moonshot Morin, but remembered all the 3's they missed. ha ha
06-30-2017 03:23 PM
Advertisement

ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

(06-30-2017 02:16 PM)LopesUp Wrote:  
(06-30-2017 02:22 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

Nice, I'll play along. I'm going to mix it up a bit
MBB
Brad Carroll, Joshua Braun, T.J. Benson
WBB
Maylinn Smith, Jessica Gajewski, Nikki Blue

I won't act like I know anything about WBB, so I'll focus on MBB.

My team would be The Mayor/The Ghost/Thunder Dan
06-30-2017 03:48 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

Gotta go JB, DR, and OF.
06-30-2017 08:04 PM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

(06-30-2017 08:04 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  Gotta go JB, DR, and OF.

You need a coach and that team would get destroyed by muy sharpshooters
06-30-2017 08:56 PM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

Nobody taking Coach Lee?
06-30-2017 09:26 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

Naw, JB is player/coach lol. But If I take a coach not named DM its got to be Benson he is the closest to his playing days.
06-30-2017 10:04 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

(06-30-2017 10:04 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  Naw, JB is player/coach lol. But If I take a coach not named DM its got to be Benson he is the closest to his playing days.
Wait we weren't allowed to use TD
06-30-2017 11:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.