Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good teams don't lose these games simply put.......
Bookmark and Share
theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Good teams don't lose these games simply put.......
Sorry fellas. We lost to sub par Rice in the CUSA Champ a little over a week ago and then lost TWO champ games to State. We are State's bi*ch.

This isn't the best team we've had by far. We've made a living this year beating up on inferior teams in a very inferior conference. We were exposed. Lost 3 Championships games in 9 days. That's FN ridiculous. But I expected nothing less when State earned the shot to play us yesterday which is why I was praying for a rain out. Knew we'd lose both games. Who here didn't fully expect the TTT. We all did because for 35 years that's what we've watched our athletic programs do. WE SIMPLY CAN"T WIN THE BIG GAMES. We've done it once, against Houston in the CUSA CHAMP GAME when Fedora was here. Proudest moment in recent memory. The rest is just disappointments after disappointments.

This season just became one of the most forgettable.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 08:27 AM by theheadeagle.)
06-06-2017 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

RE: Good teams don't lose these games simply put.......
Won 50 games, but really didn't win anything.

Sucks.
06-06-2017 09:06 AM
RockTheRock Offline
Special Teams

(06-06-2017 08:13 AM)theheadeagle Wrote:  WE SIMPLY CAN"T WIN THE BIG GAMES. We've done it once, against Houston in the CUSA CHAMP GAME when Fedora was here. Proudest moment in recent memory. The rest is just disappointments after disappointments.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
06-06-2017 09:24 AM
theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

(06-06-2017 09:24 AM)RockTheRock Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 08:13 AM)theheadeagle Wrote:  WE SIMPLY CAN"T WIN THE BIG GAMES. We've done it once, against Houston in the CUSA CHAMP GAME when Fedora was here. Proudest moment in recent memory. The rest is just disappointments after disappointments.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Thanks for reminder....we've done it twice.
06-06-2017 10:04 AM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

Hate to say it, and nobody wants to hear it. But "that's baseball". I love it. But I stopped letting myself get to emotional about it a long time ago. When 2 pretty good teams play, it's a crapshoot as to who will win as long as the pitching matchups are even. How do you think North Carolina feels ? I hate it as bad as any fan would, but letting your mental state depend on postseason baseball is like playing Russian Roulette.

If we played them twice today, we might win both games. Or they might win both again. You don't wanna hear it, but it's baseball. They won the game on a perfectly placed sky high popup. If we would've hit a missile right at our shortstop. We may be getting ready for LSU right now. I've played and coached sports my whole life, and I'm as intense as it gets. I was tempted to live and die by every pitch thrown in that game, just like most of those around me were. But I've learned not to let this particular game get to me anymore the way football or basketball do. Baseball involves a lot of skill. But it also involves WAY more luck and random chance than any other major sport. I'm not saying State was necessarily lucky in either of the games. Just saying that baseball in general will drive you crazy if you let it. So enjoy the game, and hope like crazy that we win. But don't live and die by it.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 11:13 AM by Eagle9.)
06-06-2017 11:07 AM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(06-06-2017 09:24 AM)RockTheRock Wrote:  [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

If you think about it, that year, we were the meh team that barely made a regional but peaked at the right time.

You can either look at it as this year just being our turn to be on the other side of it, or just further evidence that USM athletics can only get the job done when there are no expectations and melTTTs under the spotlight.
06-06-2017 12:49 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

Also, the CUSA Championship game vs Houston was another example of us playing with nothing to lose. Sure, the championship itself was cool, but by then, we'd already TTTed ourselves out of the high stakes with the UAB loss. Put us in Houston with the Sugar Bowl on the line straight-up, and it's a whole different situation. TTT vs. Cooging It for a BCS bid woulda been a helluva sight to see.
06-06-2017 01:28 PM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

College baseball: Sam Houston State beats No. 5 Texas Tech twice to win Lubbock Regional

It happens. Unfortunately, it seems to happen to our teams more often than not.
06-06-2017 01:43 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
(06-06-2017 12:49 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

If you think about it, that year, we were the meh team that barely made a regional but peaked at the right time.

That's right, and everybody was calling for Corky's head that year... Then we got hot.
06-06-2017 02:12 PM
Advertisement

theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

(06-06-2017 12:49 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

You can either look at it as this year just being our turn to be on the other side of it, or just further evidence that USM athletics can only get the job done when there are no expectations and melTTTs under the spotlight.

I think we all know how I look at it...."further evidence......."
06-06-2017 03:55 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(06-06-2017 11:07 AM)Eagle9 Wrote:  They won the game on a perfectly placed sky high popup.

the ball was in a place that can make things difficult, sure. but the way you worded that, makes it sound like that would be a hit 9 times out of 10.

didnt Dylan miss another Rooker sky high fly ball earlier? i swear, i think that was on his mind and the 2Bman's mind and no one wanted to catch this one, for fear of screwing up. i dont have the play in front of me, but i think it was the 2Bmans ball to get. Dylan certainly could have had it too. hell, irby may have been able to catch it as well. yes, it was WAAYYY up there. making things more difficult. but it also gave them time to get to the right spot and to communicate. the ball should have been caught, but no one even made a freaking play on it. its not like they were all in the same spot. hell, no one was 8 feet from the other. they were all standing around, waiting for someone else to make the call and the catch. i hate to say it, but they got nervous, scared and choked that play. i think the previous screw up was on their minds and Rooker's mammoth pop up and no one wanted to mess up. sad and hard for them to live with that one im sure, whatever the case.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 06:45 PM by Reggie Favre.)
06-06-2017 06:45 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Honestly, did any of you really believe we WEREN'T going to get swepTTT in that doubleheader?
06-07-2017 12:18 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I didn't say it would be a hit most of the time. It should have been caught. But was also perfectly placed. It was IMO, the second basemans ball.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2017 04:08 PM by Eagle9.)
06-07-2017 02:16 PM
Advertisement

Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(06-07-2017 12:18 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Honestly, did any of you really believe we WEREN'T going to get swepTTT in that doubleheader?

I told several people all year that Southern had a good squad that was capable of making a post season run. Also stated they had a better shot at doing so on the road, unfortunately the host monster literally rained on that party.

The TTTrain got rolling with Keys balk followed up by the dinger, and when USM failed to score with the bases loaded / no outs in the ensuing half it was on an unstoppable cannonball run. The rest was window dressing, appropriately "topped" by Hot Dog's futile spinout in the nightcap.

The only thing missing was trying to pick Casper off first base, the left fielder throwing an in into the bullpen, and getting picked off via the hidden ball trick. But then we've all seen those acts here before.
06-07-2017 02:28 PM
eaglenjxn Offline
All American

(06-07-2017 02:28 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 12:18 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Honestly, did any of you really believe we WEREN'T going to get swepTTT in that doubleheader?

I told several people all year that Southern had a good squad that was capable of making a post season run. Also stated they had a better shot at doing so on the road, unfortunately the host monster literally rained on that party.

The TTTrain got rolling with Keys balk followed up by the dinger, and when USM failed to score with the bases loaded / no outs in the ensuing half it was on an unstoppable cannonball run. The rest was window dressing, appropriately "topped" by Hot Dog's futile spinout in the nightcap.

The only thing missing was trying to pick Casper off first base, the left fielder throwing an in into the bullpen, and getting picked off via the hidden ball trick. But then we've all seen those acts here before.

More serious posts from you.

I don't remember the left field bullpen one. When was that?
06-07-2017 07:26 PM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(06-07-2017 07:26 PM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  I don't remember the left field bullpen one. When was that?

Kameron Brunty loafed into the LF corner to pick up a double and slung it into the pen allowing the runner to move up a base. Kid could hit, never really seemed much into the rest of the game. I dubbed him "Spaceman" due to his perceived lack of focus in the field.
06-07-2017 07:53 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

(06-07-2017 02:28 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  

All truth.
06-08-2017 08:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.