Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baylor in serious jeopardy-horrible allegations, again
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
RE: Baylor in serious jeopardy-horrible allegations, again
(05-17-2017 05:11 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 12:28 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 11:56 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  If all this is true... I don't see how the NCAA can do anything but kill the program, perhaps the entire athletic department.

Agreed. This is horrible and should NOT be tolerated.

(05-17-2017 11:56 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Even if the NCAA doesn't take action, does the Big XII... kick Baylor out, could that be the opening OU and TX need to look elsewhere before the GOR runs out?

Not necessarily. See below.

(05-17-2017 12:05 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Yeah, kicking Baylor may end the Big 12 or it could help save it. If the NCAA is looking at giving the Baylor the death penalty, wouldn't be wise for the Big 12 to cut ties with Baylor before that?

If the Big XII does the smart thing are replaces a Texas-based school with one NOT in Texas (like, say, BYU?) it could result in a much stronger Big XII.

BYU also have a similar problems with rape allegations and all that. I could see Houston, Air Force, New Mexico or Colorado State replace them.

BYU faces absolutely nothing similar to the multiple rape allegations made against Baylor's football program and the high-level cover up and lack of institutional control in the wake of unprecedented success of its football program.

BYU does present unique challenges with regards to public perception on same-sex marriage issues. But, please stop. Do not equate the serious allegations and issues with which Baylor is dealing to the public perception of BYU's honor code.
05-17-2017 05:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(05-17-2017 05:44 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 11:56 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  If all this is true... I don't see how the NCAA can do anything but kill the program, perhaps the entire athletic department.

(05-17-2017 11:56 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Even if the NCAA doesn't take action, does the Big XII... kick Baylor out, could that be the opening OU and TX need to look elsewhere before the GOR runs out?

(05-17-2017 12:05 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  Yeah, kicking Baylor may end the Big 12 or it could help save it. If the NCAA is looking at giving the Baylor the death penalty, wouldn't be wise for the Big 12 to cut ties with Baylor before that?

If the Big XII does the smart thing are replaces a Texas-based school with one NOT in Texas (like, say, BYU?) it could result in a much stronger Big XII.

BYU also have a similar problems with rape allegations and all that. I could see Houston, Air Force, New Mexico or Colorado State replace them.

BYU faces absolutely nothing similar to the multiple rape allegations made against Baylor's football program and the high-level cover up and lack of institutional control in the wake of unprecedented success of its football program.

BYU does present unique challenges with regards to public perception on same-sex marriage issues. But, please stop. Do not equate the serious allegations and issues with which Baylor is dealing to the public perception of BYU's honor code.

BYU's issue was with the women that reported sexual assault, but THEY get punished for violating the Honor Code - like this lady

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/health/bri...sity-rape/

No, it isn't similar, but serious as well.
05-17-2017 05:47 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-17-2017 05:47 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 05:44 PM)YNot Wrote:  

BYU's issue was with the women that reported sexual assault, but THEY get punished for violating the Honor Code - like this lady

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/health/bri...sity-rape/

No, it isn't similar, but serious as well.

I'm not getting on you guys, but be careful to keep the focus on Baylor. We've already had many threads about B.Y.U.. Thanks, JR
05-17-2017 05:56 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(05-17-2017 02:05 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 12:42 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  What else can happen there? If memory serves me correct this is the same school that a basketball player got murdered and other incidents. This school needs to drop down to D2 and get priorities in order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was one of the most horrifying cases I've heard of.
Player was murdered and the coach realized that the murder investigation would reveal the deceased player had more money and assets than could be accounted for because they were giving improper benefits. So they hatched a plan to portray the player as a drug dealer thus explaining the mystery income, which of course would screw up the police investigation because they would assume someone up or down the drug sales chain was responsible.

Dave Bliss was the coach. He was the former coach at SMU and New Mexico. He did well at both places, took New Mexico to the dance probably 10 times. He was a phenomenal recruiter at UNM with high 1st rd NBA picks Luc Longley, Kenny Thomas and Charles Smith...The players in the Baylor/Bliss scandal were Dotson and a player Bliss had transfer over from New Mexico to Baylor with him, Patrick Dennehy. Sorry for spelling. The story is absolutely horrifying.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017 06:07 PM by billybobby777.)
05-17-2017 06:00 PM
StinkyDuck Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Conference Chao
I agree Baylor should be kicked out. In the very least they should suspend them until this is all cleared up and make a final decision afterwards. Not sure about legalities or how it works to kick/suspend a program but the Big12 needs to do something.
05-17-2017 06:18 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
I'm beginning to think this Baylor crazy insanity is much worse than what took place at Penn state.

Unbelievable
05-17-2017 06:24 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Penn st is in another freak zone altogether, both are mind boggling
And all their actions are in public now and not much happens, aren't police departments supposed to arrest rapist
05-17-2017 06:35 PM
Shox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wichita State
(05-17-2017 06:24 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  I'm beginning to think this Baylor crazy insanity is much worse than what took place at Penn state.

Unbelievable

Not that one is more disgusting then the other, but what happened at Penn State is worse because it went on for decades. The dust is still settling at Baylor.
05-17-2017 07:22 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(05-17-2017 07:22 PM)Shox Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 06:24 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  I'm beginning to think this Baylor crazy insanity is much worse than what took place at Penn state.

Unbelievable

Not that one is more disgusting then the other, but what happened at Penn State is worse because it went on for decades. The dust is still settling at Baylor.

They're both just sad and bad.
05-17-2017 08:44 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Is this something that supposedly happened after the things that got Briles fired came to light? Or is it just another complaint stemming from the same poisoned atmosphere that existed several years ago? If it's the latter, I don't see how this has much effect on Baylor that hasn't already been felt or will be felt.

If it's the former - that is, evidence that Baylor's act hasn't been cleaned up at all to this day - then this would be especially problematic. Otherwise, this is just a footnote to an old story.
05-17-2017 09:18 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
if penn state wasn't given death penalty why would Baylor get it? they'll pay some fine lose a few schollies and 5 years from now all will be forgotten. the ncaaa doesn't care about punishing its members.

sidenote whatever happened with unc and Miami? remember all the talk of their demise?
05-17-2017 09:19 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-17-2017 04:46 PM)Shox Wrote:  Not going to defend Baylor but this recent allegation almost sounds like a "pile on" allegation.

No. It's not.
05-17-2017 09:31 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(05-17-2017 09:18 PM)ken d Wrote:  Is this something that supposedly happened after the things that got Briles fired came to light? Or is it just another complaint stemming from the same poisoned atmosphere that existed several years ago? If it's the latter, I don't see how this has much effect on Baylor that hasn't already been felt or will be felt.

If it's the former - that is, evidence that Baylor's act hasn't been cleaned up at all to this day - then this would be especially problematic. Otherwise, this is just a footnote to an old story.

Read the details of the story. If you know the details and this is a rhetorical question then I don't know what you want to debate.
05-17-2017 09:40 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

Agreed, no it's not !
05-17-2017 09:43 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(05-17-2017 09:19 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  if penn state wasn't given death penalty why would Baylor get it? they'll pay some fine lose a few schollies and 5 years from now all will be forgotten. the ncaaa doesn't care about punishing its members.

sidenote whatever happened with unc and Miami? remember all the talk of their demise?

Penn state is a blue blood while baylor ISN'T, apple oranges... I think baylor will get the law book thrown at them with all source of penalties attached plus a cherry on top.
05-17-2017 09:48 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(05-17-2017 09:48 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(05-17-2017 09:19 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  if penn state wasn't given death penalty why would Baylor get it? they'll pay some fine lose a few schollies and 5 years from now all will be forgotten. the ncaaa doesn't care about punishing its members.

Penn state is a blue blood while baylor ISN'T, apple oranges... I think baylor will get the law book thrown at them with all source of penalties attached plus a cherry on top.

Wishful thinking.

05-17-2017 10:05 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Watch the 30 for 30 on SMU, basically it shows why the death penalty probably never be invoked again
05-17-2017 10:28 PM
Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
(05-17-2017 09:48 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  

Penn State wouldn't be a blue blood without the key figure behind the coverup. The NCAA has proven to be really weak on these issues. Look at the terrible things that happened at Penn State, then consider that the NCAA actually doubled back and relaxed their penalties. Regardless of their history, Baylor's still a P5 school in a football-crazy Texas that has played excellent football in the last 5 years, so their worth to the NCAA will factor into their punishment and the punishment won't come anywhere close to fitting the crime. The NCAA can posture as PC as it likes, but when things get really tough, they'll side with the almighty dollar first and foremost.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 10:39 PM by Mav.)
05-19-2017 10:38 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

Something is really wrong with our justice systems
05-21-2017 06:41 PM
Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
The difference between Penn State and Baylor is that Baylor's misdeeds involved players and keeping them playing. That is what is going to get them in trouble.
05-21-2017 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.