Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017 non-conference opponents
Bookmark and Share
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
RE: 2017 non-conference opponents
A buddy and I bailed on GCU v. Mississippi Valley St to go see that NMSU/ASU game. If more WAC teams schedule & play power conference teams like Aggies romped ASU that night, scheduling those kinds of games is going to get much tougher.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 03:06 PM by gleadley.)
05-04-2017 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
Yeah that would seem logical. We gave Arizona and SMU scares last year as well as going on the NIT run. P5 teams have nothing to win but everything to lose. I'm surprised but glad UCLA is giving us a game this year especially since we embarrassed fellow in state team Cal on their home floor. What a win for the conference that would be.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 03:17 PM by Clarity.)
05-04-2017 03:14 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
Seattle U used to get high major schools to do H/H with them as an independent. Stanford, Oregon State, Virginia. Besides UW, not sure why it stopped once we joined the WAC. Id like to see Hayford get us back to that. On a local note, Dollar said Gonzaga and WSU refuse to play us year after year. WSU because lately the risk of losing is too great, Zags not really sure but theres always been rumors they've never liked SU rejoining D1 and has kept us out of the WCC. Which wouldnt be surprising
05-04-2017 04:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

Bakersfield will play at Arizona on November 16th.

https://twitter.com/WAC_Basketball/statu...0485703681
05-09-2017 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Yes! UCLA and Arizona again. The game last year was close to the very end, hopefully this year will be even closer. Barnes is doing a great job with the schedule. Good thing the big guys aren't scared yet, I thought we might've scared them off after our NIT run. We also almost beat SMU last year. One more really big game and I'll be happy.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 02:11 PM by Clarity.)
05-09-2017 02:09 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(05-09-2017 02:09 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Yes! UCLA and Arizona again. The game last year was close to the very end, hopefully this year will be even closer. Barnes is doing a great job with the schedule. Good thing the big guys aren't scared yet, I thought we might've scared them off after our NIT run. We also almost beat SMU last year. One more really big game and I'll be happy.

Wonder if there will be any kind of return trip from Arizona for all these games. A 3 for 1 maybe, in the downtown arena for more fans to come. Just a thought
05-09-2017 04:30 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Makes a lot of sense and I hope that's the case.
05-09-2017 04:35 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(05-09-2017 04:30 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 02:09 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Yes! UCLA and Arizona again. The game last year was close to the very end, hopefully this year will be even closer. Barnes is doing a great job with the schedule. Good thing the big guys aren't scared yet, I thought we might've scared them off after our NIT run. We also almost beat SMU last year. One more really big game and I'll be happy.

Wonder if there will be any kind of return trip from Arizona for all these games. A 3 for 1 maybe, in the downtown arena for more fans to come. Just a thought

I'm kinda hoping that Majerle could convince Miller to bring the team up to Phoenix for a neutral site game or a maybe a home game, but I know that we scared him too much down in Tuscon, so I doubt it would be anything like that.
05-09-2017 04:46 PM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon

Bakersfield made an NIT run? I don't think I've every heard you bring this up before. 05-deadhorse
05-09-2017 05:36 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
Just to add fuel to the fire, checkout the last College Insider Mid-Major Top 25 poll. I can only assume the results are because of CSUB's NIT run. A 16 spot jump from the previous poll really? I'm sure CA and Dancing have an opinion on this change of events. 05-stirthepot

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Anyway, I'm waiting to see if NMSU is on Kentucky's schedule. They still own us a basketball game according to the football contract NMSU signed with them a few years back.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:00 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
05-09-2017 05:56 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

(05-09-2017 05:36 PM)LopesUp Wrote:  

Bakersfield made an NIT run? I don't think I've every heard you bring this up before. 05-deadhorse

Sorry that offends you lmao. It's relevant to the situation at hand here. When Grand Canyon does something half as impressive let me know!
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:10 PM by Clarity.)
05-09-2017 06:03 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(05-09-2017 06:03 PM)Clarity Wrote:  

Sorry that offends you lmao. It's relevant to the situation at hand here. When Grand Canyon does something half as impressive let me know!
LOL!Epic Applause Love it. They did. They spanked Bakersfield in your high school gym the last game of the year!
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:10 PM by dancingNMSUaggie.)
05-09-2017 06:09 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

A 6 point win after we already clinched the WAC haha. That is totally as impressive. Remember when NMSU got absolutely murdered and embarrassed by us at home? I remember and you will remember it next time you come here. I know you were crying that whole game. Never forget that.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 06:15 PM by Clarity.)
05-09-2017 06:12 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Potential candidate for the Smack board.
05-09-2017 06:19 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

Oh CP, they are just reminiscing about last season. 07-coffee3
05-09-2017 07:34 PM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-09-2017 06:03 PM)Clarity Wrote:  

Ha ha no offense. Not sure how you made that leap. It's just satire buddy. You have to admit... It's played out. We got it, Bakersfield made a sweet NIT run. Great for the WAC.
02-13-banana
05-09-2017 07:51 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Yet I am the only one that mentions it lol. Nobody else has brought it up in prediction posts for 2017. Just seems like a lack of respect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's fine though that's how we like it.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 07:57 PM by Clarity.)
05-09-2017 07:56 PM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-09-2017 07:56 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Yet I am the only one that mentions it lol. Nobody else has brought it up in prediction posts for 2017. Just seems like a lack of respect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No one is disrespecting you or Bakersfield. Believe me, I get it, I'm a lopes fan and have been on this board for a few years. Like the great Ric Flair said "To be the man, you gotta beat the man, whooooo". And the man right now is NMSU. They have consistently dominated the new WAC. Other schools are catching up.
05-09-2017 09:55 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(05-09-2017 06:19 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Potential candidate for the Smack board.

Take a chill pill.
05-09-2017 10:26 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(05-09-2017 09:55 PM)LopesUp Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 07:56 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Yet I am the only one that mentions it lol. Nobody else has brought it up in prediction posts for 2017. Just seems like a lack of respect ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No one is disrespecting you or Bakersfield. Believe me, I get it, I'm a lopes fan and have been on this board for a few years. Like the great Ric Flair said "To be the man, you gotta beat the man, whooooo". And the man right now is NMSU. They have consistently dominated the new WAC. Other schools are catching up.
I wouldn't go far as to say NMSU has dominated. NMSU has lost to every one of the new WAC teams since they joined with the exception of UTRGV. Yes, we even lost to Chicago State. Utah Valley trounced us at home this year and both Bakersfield and Grand Canyon have beat us the last two years. I guess we have dominated the WAC tourney over the years and I guess that what really counts. NMSU has won more WAC tourney's than any other school ever in the WAC. We were even winning them when Brillo's precious Nevada was there and Utah State. Next year IMO the WAC is up for grabs. Did you guys know Bakersfield made a deep NIT run last year?05-stirthepot
05-09-2017 10:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.