Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Championship Building Plan Thread
Bookmark and Share
All_EMU Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU
Thought it would be nice to compile everything under this thread so it doesn't get lost in the BOR thread.

http://www.emuchampionshipbuilding.com

Announcement: http://emueagles.com/news/2017/4/24/gene...ision.aspx

Donation page: http://emuchampionshipbuilding.com/donate-now/

What an amazing vision!
04-25-2017 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: The Championship Building Plan Thread
I just want to make a comment, start some conversation, on the timeline, etc.

Eighteen months to build. Do remember that the old football building has to be torn down.

Would the plan be to tear down the existing football building the day after the last 2017 home game? That would give about 9 months to get the new building up including Jumbotron.

One thing which we can keep in mind, the existing IPF is still standing (and won't go away) so 2018 spring ball can proceed like 2017, in the existing IPF.

OR the big thing, also, is getting the new track and soccer field up so that when 2018 outdoor T&F and soccer that the field will be ready to go.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 12:29 PM by emu steve.)
04-25-2017 12:15 PM
All_EMU Offline
Water Engineer

A lot of negativity around this. I encourage everyone here, who are loyal supporters, to be positive advocates for what is being done and counter the negativity. It appears a lot of misinformation is being thrown around about using student fees and general fund money to pay for this. According to responses from athletics, that is not the case. It does appear the current fundraising efforts through private donations back that up.
04-25-2017 12:54 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(04-25-2017 12:54 PM)All_EMU Wrote:  A lot of negativity around this. I encourage everyone here, who are loyal supporters, to be positive advocates for what is being done and counter the negativity. It appears a lot of misinformation is being thrown around about using student fees and general fund money to pay for this. According to responses from athletics, that is not the case. It does appear the current fundraising efforts through private donations back that up.

Haha of course. Let the misinformation begin. I'm not so sure there is a 'lot' of negativity, it's just a loud minority, propped up by the usual EMU hating media. Always going to get protesters.....it is a College campus you know.

The real question is when the groundbreaking will take place? Is there a specific fundraising number, or timeline in place, for determining when the project will actually begin?
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 01:17 PM by EagleTough.)
04-25-2017 01:12 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Someone on the main MAC board found this scoring matrix ranking MAC facilities on a number of criteria.

[We were (are) dead last. So anyone who said we had (have) good facilities must have been smoking something.]

http://emuchampionshipbuilding.com/mac-f...omparison/
04-25-2017 02:46 PM
All_EMU Offline
Water Engineer

(04-25-2017 02:46 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Someone on the main MAC board found this scoring matrix ranking MAC facilities on a number of criteria.

[We were (are) dead last. So anyone who said we had (have) good facilities must have been smoking something.]

04-25-2017 02:48 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(04-25-2017 02:48 PM)All_EMU Wrote:  http://emuchampionshipbuilding.com/mac-f...omparison/

(04-25-2017 02:46 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Someone on the main MAC board found this scoring matrix ranking MAC facilities on a number of criteria.

Apparently EMU took down the matrix (shouldn't have been public???).

I saved a copy and I can say we were dead list.

The scoring was on approximately 19 criteria and scoring was 'green' 'yellow' or 'red.'

E.g., we were one of two MAC schools scored 'red' for having a track inside the stadium.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 02:58 PM by emu steve.)
04-25-2017 02:55 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Just go to emuchampionshipbuilding.com, click on the 'Need' tab, and then 'MAC facility comparison'.

The source of this was AECOM, not EMU.

Nothing to hide, just reality.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2017 03:26 PM by EagleTough.)
04-25-2017 03:21 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Any guesses on how much the bricks will go for individually?
04-25-2017 04:01 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(04-25-2017 04:01 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Any guesses on how much the bricks will go for individually?

I actually put in a request for additional info about them as it becomes available. Everyone on this board should do the same.......we're obviously the EMU football diehards. My guess is they'll be in the low 'hundreds of dollars' range. When TCU built their new stadium a few years back they did the exact same thing.....price was $150:

"Become a permanent part of the TCU Football tradition by having your name etched into the east entrance of Amon G. Carter Stadium. By making a gift of $150 you can have a personal message engraved on a 4" by 8" brick. All bricks are installed at the east side entrance near Frog Alley."

Just a small and lasting way to contribute on some level. Also something tangible that will be around for a long time. Not everyone has 500k like TJ to get their name on the strength and conditioning room, but most here have a couple hundred bucks for a permanent name on the sidewalk.

04-25-2017 04:51 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

(04-25-2017 04:51 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(04-25-2017 04:01 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Any guesses on how much the bricks will go for individually?

I actually put in a request for additional info about them as it becomes available. Everyone on this board should do the same.......we're obviously the EMU football diehards. My guess is they'll be in the low 'hundreds of dollars' range. When TCU built their new stadium a few years back they did the exact same thing.....price was $150:

"Become a permanent part of the TCU Football tradition by having your name etched into the east entrance of Amon G. Carter Stadium. By making a gift of $150 you can have a personal message engraved on a 4" by 8" brick. All bricks are installed at the east side entrance near Frog Alley."

Just a small and lasting way to contribute on some level. Also something tangible that will be around for a long time. Not everyone has 500k like TJ to get their name on the strength and conditioning room, but most here have a couple hundred bucks for a permanent name on the sidewalk.

I love that. I will definitely be in for a brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-25-2017 05:23 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(04-25-2017 05:23 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  
(04-25-2017 04:51 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

I love that. I will definitely be in for a brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done this is memory of my deceased son at Cooley Stadium and also the refurnished Grand Trunk Depot in Lansing. I'll sign up.
04-25-2017 06:32 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

Anyone interested just go to the championshipbuilding website.....click on Support......then Brick Campaign.....and enter your info for future info about the program.
04-25-2017 06:43 PM
FrankAnderson Online
All American

Was just listening online as Chris Creighton was on Lansing sports radio.

When asked about the building project, he said it's been "rubber stamped" by the Board and shovels will be in he ground the day after our final home game this season.
05-09-2017 04:23 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(05-09-2017 04:23 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Was just listening online as Chris Creighton was on Lansing sports radio.

When asked about the building project, he said it's been "rubber stamped" by the Board and shovels will be in he ground the day after our final home game this season.

01-donnankungfu
05-09-2017 05:20 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Perfect timing to announce ground breaking after our last home game solidifies bowl eligibility.

Then bowl eligibility plus best MAC facilities should lead to a very nice Football recruiting class....
05-09-2017 07:14 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

(05-09-2017 07:14 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  Perfect timing to announce ground breaking after our last home game solidifies bowl eligibility.

Then bowl eligibility plus best MAC facilities should lead to a very nice Football recruiting class....

ZERO excuses anymore!
05-09-2017 10:20 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(05-09-2017 05:20 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(05-09-2017 04:23 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Was just listening online as Chris Creighton was on Lansing sports radio.

01-donnankungfu

BTW, this makes sense.

EMU has say 9 months to demolish and build the new building, get a scoreboard up, etc.

They need to get a new soccer field and track up for spring as the northern end of the track (by the end zone) will be gone for construction.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 07:41 AM by emu steve.)
05-10-2017 07:39 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

I thought I read or heard somewhere this was going to take 18 months, not 9? Could very well be wrong, or thinking of something else.
05-10-2017 10:06 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(05-10-2017 10:06 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  I thought I read or heard somewhere this was going to take 18 months, not 9? Could very well be wrong, or thinking of something else.

I think you are right, but they have to do it in such a way that EMU can have all of their athletic teams compete in 2018.

I'd think that getting the new soccer field/track has to be done this fall so it is ready for 2018 spring sports.

As far as indoor practice facilities, the existing bubble can be used for 2018 spring ball, etc.

I'd think some of our Olympic sports will move over to West Campus in 2019, not 2018.
05-10-2017 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.