Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

#2 New Mexico State clashes agaisnt #1 Cal St Bakersfield
Bookmark and Share
NMSTFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: New Mexico St
#2 New Mexico State clashes agaisnt #1 Cal St Bakersfield
After riding the nations 2nd longest winning streak the Aggies of New Mexico State stumble in their 2nd game agaisnt Cal State Bako early on in the season. However, since then both CSUB and NMSU have climbed their ways back into yet another WAC Championship game. NMSU seeks its revenge against the roadrunners for last years Championship stumble and this last regular season away defeats. Can the Aggies pull off a win? What do you think? Who will represent the WAC?

Let's go Aggies!and good luck to the Runners too (and not Just because the roadrunner is our state bird lol)
03-11-2017 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: #2 New Mexico State clashes agaisnt #1 Cal St Bakersfield
CSUB is making great strides in the WAC and it shows they are better off in the WAC than the Big West. I think NMSU will win this one and for the WAC's sake NMSU would get a higher seed than CSUB.
But congrats to you guys on getting the conference in the top half overall. When GCU is eligible next year, the conference will rise even higher.
03-11-2017 01:01 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
I like NMSU because CSUB played an extra half last night.
03-11-2017 01:22 PM
RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UMKC
Just put some $$$ on NMSU. WAC wants an NIT team and an NCAA team. Going to make some money on a GCU NMSU final next year. Can't beat the system. Make money on it.
03-11-2017 02:03 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(03-11-2017 02:03 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  Just put some $$$ on NMSU. WAC wants an NIT team and an NCAA team. Going to make some money on a GCU NMSU final next year. Can't beat the system. Make money on it.

NMSU still would have a solid chance for an NIT at large bid. Not guarenteed though
03-11-2017 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

(03-11-2017 02:18 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 02:03 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  Just put some $$$ on NMSU. WAC wants an NIT team and an NCAA team. Going to make some money on a GCU NMSU final next year. Can't beat the system. Make money on it.

NMSU still would have a solid chance for an NIT at large bid. Not guarenteed though

I was wrong. Way to go WAC

http://bracketmatrix.com/nit
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 02:59 PM by RoosHouse.)
03-11-2017 02:57 PM
Advertisement

UVU2006Allumni Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UVU
I like NMSU tonight as well. I think that CSB is very well coached but they just can't make a jumper. Why we didn't play zone and let them just drive on our soft man to man I will never know last night. But our version of Dr. Nahsmith of a coach makes no sense. He will keep telling everyone he loves his players and they played so hard but no results. Oh to have a program headed in the right direction like NMSU or CSB! Tonight should be a great game like last year. Excited to watch. Give us six years and we might be able to make the title game! But our administration is more about singing kumbaya than producing Men's Basketball Wins.
03-11-2017 05:17 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
We'll see....toss up, imho....depends who shows up for both teams. Plus, its a tourney; odd yjings hsppen in tourneys in March. Also depends what's left in the 'Runner's tank tonight after last night's battle. (BTW, hats off to Wolves for heck if a game last night!)

'Runners must play much better game than they did vrs UVU if they are to win tonight. Always interesting to see how "scoreless over time" factors in each game this year for teams in the WAC.

WAC making good strides conference-wide. I think the 4OT game brought added publicity for conference. I'll be following along via twitter...Condors game tonight. The tweets last night were arriving a good 30-40 seconds ahead of ESPN broadcast last night.

Currently mobile....but not necessarily upwardly.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 08:09 PM by RunnerBall.)
03-11-2017 08:06 PM
SoCalBobcat78 Online
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
This should be a great game. Both of these schools are in the RPI Top 100. NMSU at #63, CSUB at #76. They split during the regular season, as they did last season. CSUB is the defending WAC champions, before that NMSU won four straight WAC tournament titles. CSUB has had back-to-back 20 win plus seasons. NMSU has had six straight 20 win plus seasons. These are two very good teams.

I like CSUB's defense and I think that could be the difference. I think NMSU has more talent but needs to find a way to get some easy baskets. If NMSU plays well on defense, they win. If CSUB shoots decently, they win. This game is a toss-up. I will pick CSUB in OT, but I would put my money on NMSU since CSUB is a 2.5 point favorite. That is how close this game should be.
03-11-2017 08:26 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

Anyone know if the game still can be seen on ESPN3 even if you dont have ESPNU in your cable package? We cut the sports package that has ESPNU during the non-football months
03-11-2017 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

(03-11-2017 08:33 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Anyone know if the game still can be seen on ESPN3 even if you dont have ESPNU in your cable package? We cut the sports package that has ESPNU during the non-football months

Yes you can watch on espn3. Slight delay on it last night. Vague on whether you actually need ESPNU tho.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 08:48 PM by RoosHouse.)
03-11-2017 08:44 PM
Advertisement

RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I'm at the Condors game and the crowd is noticeable smaller than usual Sat night. Hopefully its due to the 'Runners on TV tonight.

03-11-2017 09:26 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, UNC bb
As someone who went to UVU, wish they were in the finals so I could have went to the game.
03-11-2017 09:57 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(03-11-2017 08:44 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 08:33 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Anyone know if the game still can be seen on ESPN3 even if you dont have ESPNU in your cable package? We cut the sports package that has ESPNU during the non-football months

Yes you can watch on espn3. Slight delay on it last night. Vague on whether you actually need ESPNU tho.

Looks like you need ESPNU in your subscription. Guess I'm out of luck. If the Southland can get on ESPN2, why cant the WAC for the title game?

**EDIT:** because the Big West title game is on ESPN2 during this time 03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 10:33 PM by SeattleVandals.)
03-11-2017 10:31 PM
Brillio Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Nevada & GCU
First time I've seen bakersfiekd play. I'm impressed with how hard they play
03-11-2017 11:29 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Calling it now, early congrats to Bakersfield as the WACT Champs!
03-11-2017 11:40 PM
Advertisement

RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

Been saying for two years Bakersfield is best team but Aggies talk talk talk. You don't have Siakam/Nepawhe. That team was impressive. Really impressed Bakersfield is not worn out.

Teams that matchup best against CSUB in WAC. GCU is prolly the best. Then UVU/UMKC. Then NMSU. Miracle we beat you guys 2 seasons ago. According to analytics that is the best game UMKC has played in 10 seasons. Just didn't get how you lost to Santa Barbara or else you would be a 13 seed.
03-12-2017 12:01 AM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(03-11-2017 11:40 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Calling it now, early congrats to Bakersfield as the WACT Champs!
Well I would not call it yet. This game still not settled by any means.

03-12-2017 12:16 AM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

See what i mean...?

03-12-2017 12:30 AM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(03-12-2017 12:30 AM)RunnerBall Wrote:  See what i mean...?

I am convinced he tried to jinx it.
03-12-2017 12:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.