Trump Administration
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Trump Administration
(07-01-2019 05:27 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 04:40 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Antifa assaults a right wing writer

"Portland police have claimed that some of the milkshakes thrown by the antifa activists on Saturday contained quick-dry cement. That may or may not be true. What is true is that an antifa mob beat up a journalist—one who is harshly critical of them, to be sure, but who posed no physical threat to them and was only there to document their activities—on a public street. This is indefensible, and yet there are tons of progressive-leaning people currently defending it, or at the very least rationalizing and making light of it."

One comment I saw was kinda funny:
"Antifa activists have physically assaulted right-wing journalist Andy Ngo, thereby proving irrefutably that he is guilty of inciting violence."

I keep saying that if the left would just leave the Nazis bu themselves to march, all you would have would be 6 guys walking in a circle - a true non-event But by bringing in hundreds and creating violence, it becomes an event.

I know this was supposedly a Proud Boys march, but how many were they and what violence did they initiate? I don't see them in the videos. Leave them be and they will walk themselves into oblivion.

If 500 people come out to shut up 12 people...
07-01-2019 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-01-2019 05:27 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 04:40 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Antifa assaults a right wing writer

"Portland police have claimed that some of the milkshakes thrown by the antifa activists on Saturday contained quick-dry cement. That may or may not be true. What is true is that an antifa mob beat up a journalist—one who is harshly critical of them, to be sure, but who posed no physical threat to them and was only there to document their activities—on a public street. This is indefensible, and yet there are tons of progressive-leaning people currently defending it, or at the very least rationalizing and making light of it."

One comment I saw was kinda funny:
"Antifa activists have physically assaulted right-wing journalist Andy Ngo, thereby proving irrefutably that he is guilty of inciting violence."

I keep saying that if the left would just leave the Nazis bu themselves to march, all you would have would be 6 guys walking in a circle - a true non-event But by bringing in hundreds and creating violence, it becomes an event.

I know this was supposedly a Proud Boys march, but how many were they and what violence did they initiate? I don't see them in the videos. Leave them be and they will walk themselves into oblivion.

If 500 people come out to shut up 12 people...
07-01-2019 05:52 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
I am the one who unapproved the posts.

I don't have the time or energy to delete only the really bad stuff and leave the meaningful or however one wants to see it. If someone thinks I edited their comments, but not someone else's that were equally egregious, let me know and I'll unapprove those as well. If you think your comment shouldn't have been unapproved, you can tell me that too

I don't think anything I deleted in any way distracts from the discussion. I sure didn't intend it to
07-01-2019 08:26 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
Jesus... this is disturbing:

https://www.propublica.org/article/secre...xist-memes

There are 9,500 members of this private Facebook group. Apparently there are only 20,000 CBP agents total.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2019 09:46 PM by Rice93.)
07-01-2019 09:44 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-01-2019 09:44 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Jesus... this is disturbing:

There are 9,500 members of this private Facebook group. Apparently there are only 20,000 CBP agents total.

Yeah, its incredible the amount of animosity you can engender in a group when you refer to them as Nazis, as running concentration camps, as people who don't care about children, just rip them from their mothers.

Of course, the racist Nazi label is applied even though half of them are themselves Hispanic.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/06/26/f...-hispanic/

And of course a lot of the Anglos are married to or otherwise related to Hispanics.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2019 11:24 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-01-2019 11:21 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(07-01-2019 11:21 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

Yeah, its incredible the amount of animosity you can engender in a group when you refer to them as Nazis, as running concentration camps, as people who don't care about children, just rip them from their mothers.

Of course, the racist Nazi label is applied even though half of them are themselves Hispanic.

And of course a lot of the Anglos are married to or otherwise related to Hispanics.

Are you disturbed by the content posted by this Facebook group? Do you think the attitudes displayed by these posts might reflect how these agents treat immigrants?
07-01-2019 11:33 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-01-2019 11:33 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  

Are you disturbed by the content posted by this Facebook group? Do you think the attitudes displayed by these posts might reflect how these agents treat immigrants?

First question. Yes, just like you are are disturbed by the wild accusations that they are a bunch of Nazi thugs running concentration camps.

Second question: No. I have seen these guys working close up and personal, I have known them, and unlike some people, I don't attribute to the whole bunch the things said by a few.

Side point: They are not immigrants until they are accepted to stay here. Right now they are just illegal trespassers. I appreciate the effort to whitewash them as something else.

But maybe you have heard the phrase, if you have the name, might as well have the game. Keep on accusing the BP of being Nazi thugs, and maybe you will get a few. But generally, they are decent people like you and me who are getting tired of being labeled by your gang of being the worst sort of humans in the world. Explain to me why the BP would be comprised of such people. The BP is an honored job on the border, they don't advertise for ******** to apply.

I answered your questions. Now it is my turn to ask a few questions:

Do you believe this force, itself half Hispanic, is a racist organization that hates Hispanics and wants to kill or hurt them?

Do you believe that they are running concentration camps? Remember, the Nazi concentration camps for designed for extermination and forced work. Is that what you think is happening?

Do you believe they are forcing women to drink from toilets? AOC made this claim, based on hearsay.

Do you believe that these family men hate children and enjoy separating them from their mothers? After a hard day starving babies, they go home and read Dr. Seuss to their kids?

Do you believe everything you are told?

Do you think things could be done better and more humanely if the Congress would authorize more money?
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 12:38 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-02-2019 12:34 AM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2019 12:34 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

First question. Yes, just like you are are disturbed by the wild accusations that they are a bunch of Nazi thugs running concentration camps.

???

Quote:Second question: No. I have seen these guys working close up and personal, I have known them, and unlike some people, I don't attribute to the whole bunch the things said by a few.

And yet you bring up CBP agents being called "Nazi thugs". Who has called them "Nazi thugs"? AOC? Please provide links to members of Congress who have used that specific language in reference to the agents. I think that you may be attributing to the whole bunch the things said by a few.

Quote:Side point: They are not immigrants until they are accepted to stay here. Right now they are just illegal trespassers. I appreciate the effort to whitewash them as something else.

Are they illegal trespassers? What if some of them have a legitimate claim for asylum? Have they had their day in court? Are they guilty until being proved innocent?

Quote:But maybe you have heard the phrase, if you have the name, might as well have the game. Keep on accusing the BP of being Nazi thugs, and maybe you will get a few. But generally, they are decent people like you and me who are getting tired of being labeled by your gang of being the worst sort of humans in the world. Explain to me why the BP would be comprised of such people.

Explain to me why a pretty good percentage of these generally decent people belong to this hateful Facebook group? Is it because AOC made them feel so bad that they all raced over to Facebook to post hateful, sexist, and racist memes? Oh wait... the group was formed in August, 2016.

I'm sure there plenty of good people who are agents. Like any other organization there are good apples and bad apples. But there is surely a massive problem if so many of them are members of a group that think this type of conversation is OK. .

Quote:I answered your questions. Now it is my turn to ask a few questions:

Do you believe this force, itself half Hispanic, is a racist organization that hates Hispanics and wants to kill or hurt them?

No. Short of racist language in its bylaws, can an organization be racist? Probably there are plenty of racist agents. I imagine that there are plenty of Hispanic agents that have great disdain for these "illegal trespassers". In my experience (none of which involves knowing CBP agents, mind you), some Hispanic people are some of the most "anti-illegal immigration" people around. Doesn't make them racist.

Quote:Do you believe that they are running concentration camps? Remember, the Nazi concentration camps for designed for extermination and forced work. Is that what you think is happening?

I'd have to look up the definition of "concentration camp". I don't think that they are "extermination camps".

My top google search brings up this: "a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.".

By this definition probably so.

Quote:Do you believe they are forcing women to drink from toilets? AOC made this claim, based on hearsay.

Didn't one of the congresswomen say that she was told from a prisoner that this happened? Is it hearsay if you hear is directly from a witness? I'm not an attorney...

Quote:Do you believe that these family men hate children and enjoy separating them from their mothers? After a hard day starving babies, they go home and read Dr. Seuss to their kids?

No. But I think there is a massive problem if a good percentage of these agents think the posts on this Facebook group are okey-dokey.

Quote:Do you believe everything you are told?

Yes. 100% of the time. Why are you asking?

Quote:Do you think things could be done better and more humanely if the Congress would authorize more money?

Yes. For sure. But lack of funding isn't the cause of this Facebook group.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 06:29 AM by Rice93.)
07-02-2019 06:27 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
And I thought the left was the group who was supposed to be a bunch of snowflakes who got their feelings hurt over words...

I do agree a bit with OO, though, that broadly labeling groups, especially with inflammatory labels, can do more bad than good. I don’t pay close enough attention to the actual language of how some politicians describe CBP, and whether they describe the entire organization as bad, or if they explicitly state that there are some bad apples in the organization.

But man, OO’s response to this group is rather galling. This is clearly the type of behavior that should be condemned, given the roles that these members have chosen to fill and the responsibilities they have been given, regardless of the mean names these people have been called by their opponents. Instead of justifying the racist and misogynistic posts that were made, maybe it would be best to recognize that there are bad actors in the CBP, but that we should focus on removing them from the force, so the good actors can get the recognition they deserve for serving along the border.

There are definitely CBP agents who treat the illegal aliens they apprehended humanly and go home and read Dr. Seuss to their kids. There are also definitely CBP agents who mistreat the illegal aliens they apprehend and don’t think about it for a second.
07-02-2019 08:00 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2019 06:27 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 12:34 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I answered your questions. Now it is my turn to ask a few questions:
No. Short of racist language in its bylaws, can an organization be racist? Probably there are plenty of racist agents. I imagine that there are plenty of Hispanic agents that have great disdain for these "illegal trespassers". In my experience (none of which involves knowing CBP agents, mind you), some Hispanic people are some of the most "anti-illegal immigration" people around. Doesn't make them racist.

You make a good point here that many of your fellow travelers on the left seem to miss. Being opposed to illegal immigration is not racist, and holding such a view does not make one a racist. Being opposed to all immigration might be racist, or it might be motivated by other factors.

Quote:
Quote:Do you believe that they are running concentration camps? Remember, the Nazi concentration camps for designed for extermination and forced work. Is that what you think is happening?
I'd have to look up the definition of "concentration camp". I don't think that they are "extermination camps".
My top google search brings up this: "a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.".

Actually, implicit in that definition, and an attribute of every actual concentration camp of which I am aware, is that people were rounded up and forced into such camps. My guess, since you found it in an apparently contemporaneous Google search, is that the author of that definition has probably omitted or removed specific mention of the rounding up to make his/her definition politically correct in the context of current events.

If you don't believe the "rounding up" is an essential element of a concentration camp (see the definition of "concentrate") then kindly give examples of "concentration camps" where people came voluntarily. If you want to maintain that "rounding up" is not a necessary element, then you need to denounce the obviously transparent efforts to create an inferential connection between places where people come voluntarily to await processing for immigration with extermination camps where people were rounded up to be killed (easy to kill a lot of them in a hurry if you concentrate them in one place).

If the forcible rounding up element is included, then the answer to OO's question is not only no, but hell no.

Quote:
Quote:Do you believe they are forcing women to drink from toilets? AOC made this claim, based on hearsay.
Didn't one of the congresswomen say that she was told from a prisoner that this happened? Is it hearsay if you hear is directly from a witness? I'm not an attorney...

Yep. It's generally hearsay if anyone but the actual witness is saying it, because the evidentiary problem with hearsay is that a non-witness making a statement cannot be cross-examined as to the truth or falsity of that statement. The congresswoman can say, "It's true that the witness made that statement." But the congresswoman cannot say, "I know that the witness was telling the truth when he/she made that statement because ..." So the congresswoman saying that somebody told her something is not evidence that such something is true.

Quote:
Quote:Do you believe that these family men hate children and enjoy separating them from their mothers? After a hard day starving babies, they go home and read Dr. Seuss to their kids?
No. But I think there is a massive problem if a good percentage of these agents think the posts on this Facebook group are okey-dokey.

The operative word is "if." You have no basis for believing that the clause following the word "if" is true.

Quote:
Quote:Do you think things could be done better and more humanely if the Congress would authorize more money?

Perhaps not directly, but perhaps very much indirectly, because that lack of funding is placing those agents in an impossible situation, and the resulting frustration could easily build to the point of this kind of outburst. That is, of course, if (there's that word again) the Facebook posts are legitimate.

The conditions on the border have deteriorated because the flow of immigrants has vastly exceeded capacity of the facilities and personnel. There are three, and insofar as I can tell only three, possible solutions:
1) Increase funding to catch up the facilities and personnel to the demand;
2) Slow down the flow; or
3) Open the floodgates, let everybody in and live with the consequences.

Democrats want 3), because they see a steady flow of illegal immigrants as steady supply of future democrat voters. They have voted against 1) for decades, as quite frankly have some republicans for different reasons. So Trump is putting pressure on Mexico to accomplish 2). Mexico now seems willing to cooperate. We shall wait and see how that progresses.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 08:40 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
07-02-2019 08:29 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-02-2019 08:00 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  And I thought the left was the group who was supposed to be a bunch of snowflakes who got their feelings hurt over words...

I do agree a bit with OO, though, that broadly labeling groups, especially with inflammatory labels, can do more bad than good. I don’t pay close enough attention to the actual language of how some politicians describe CBP, and whether they describe the entire organization as bad, or if they explicitly state that there are some bad apples in the organization.

But man, OO’s response to this group is rather galling. This is clearly the type of behavior that should be condemned, given the roles that these members have chosen to fill and the responsibilities they have been given, regardless of the mean names these people have been called by their opponents. Instead of justifying the racist and misogynistic posts that were made, maybe it would be best to recognize that there are bad actors in the CBP, but that we should focus on removing them from the force, so the good actors can get the recognition they deserve for serving along the border.

There are definitely CBP agents who treat the illegal aliens they apprehended humanly and go home and read Dr. Seuss to their kids. There are also definitely CBP agents who mistreat the illegal aliens they apprehend and don’t think about it for a second.

Why the bolded? Why "definitely"?

I guess you could say there are "definitely" DMV clerks who are ruder to blacks than whites. But we cannot prove it.

Think of the BP agents as guards at the Harris county jail. Think the guards don't make jokes about the inmates?

Or as Secret Service agents. Maybe they make jokes about their protectees?

All those group, jokes or not, do their duty. DSo does the BP.

Hard to consider them as a 50% racist group, especially since most of them are either Hispanic themselves or related to hispanics, and all of them work with Hispanics, and live in a mostly Hispanic community. But if the word of a NYC congresswoman is to be believed, they are worse than Hitler's Brownshirts. Maybe they answer employment ads emphasizing sadism and bigotry as requirements.

The BP has been under attack ever since they became the instrument of Trump's border policy. People who hate Trump (or his policy) have been attacking them and their efforts to enforce US law, ever since, and a large part of the attack is to label them as heartless thugs, and now to label detention centers as concentration camps. 93 has bought this. I don't.
07-02-2019 08:37 AM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(07-02-2019 08:29 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 06:27 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  [quote='OptimisticOwl' pid='16176797' dateline='1562045685']

Do you believe they are forcing women to drink from toilets? AOC made this claim, based on hearsay.

Yep. It's generally hearsay if anyone but the actual witness is saying it, because the evidentiary problem with hearsay is that a non-witness making a statement cannot be cross-examined as to the truth or falsity of that statement. The congresswoman can say, "It's true that the witness made that statement." But the congresswoman cannot say, "I know that the witness was telling the truth when he/she made that statement because ..." So the congresswoman saying that somebody told her something is not evidence that such something is true.

[quote]

To expand a little more: in understanding hearsay, it helps to remember that it is in contrast to direct testimonial evidence.

Prisoners saying "We saw people forced to drink from toilets" or "We were forced to drink from toilets" is direct evidence, because the prisoners have first-hand knowledge of the facts they are alleging.

A Congressman saying "Prisoners are telling me that people are forced to drink from toilets" is direct evidence of the fact that prisoners are saying these things, because the Congressman has first-hand knowledge that of the prisoners saying them. However, it is only hearsay evidence of the underlying allegation that people being forced to drink out of toilets, because the Congressman does not have first-hand knowledge of that fact.

"Hearsay" by itself is not necessarily a pejorative term. Any testimonial evidence -- direct or hearsay -- could be true, or false, or uncertain. For legal purposes, hearsay evidence is generally considered inadmissible as proof of the underlying fact, because its propensity for unreliability generally outweighs its probative value with respect to that alleged fact. However:
- there are certain exceptions in which the circumstances of the hearsay suggest that it is reliable.
- hearsay may be admissible to prove things other than the underlying alleged fact. For example, if the Congressman said "The prisoner told me in Spanish that he was forced to drink from a toilet", that could be admissible to show that the prisoner speaks Spanish, as the Congressman is offering direct evidence of the linguistic fact. It remains hearsay evidence of the underlying fact about the toilets.

Law school courses devote weeks to this topic!
07-02-2019 09:01 AM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2019 08:29 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 12:34 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I answered your questions. Now it is my turn to ask a few questions:

You make a good point here that many of your fellow travelers on the left seem to miss. Being opposed to illegal immigration is not racist, and holding such a view does not make one a racist. Being opposed to all immigration might be racist, or it might be motivated by other factors.

Quote:

Actually, implicit in that definition, and an attribute of every actual concentration camp of which I am aware, is that people were rounded up and forced into such camps. My guess, since you found it in an apparently contemporaneous Google search, is that the author of that definition has probably omitted or removed specific mention of the rounding up to make his/her definition politically correct in the context of current events.

If you don't believe the "rounding up" is an essential element of a concentration camp (see the definition of "concentrate") then kindly give examples of "concentration camps" where people came voluntarily. If you want to maintain that "rounding up" is not a necessary element, then you need to denounce the obviously transparent efforts to create an inferential connection between places where people come voluntarily to await processing for immigration with extermination camps where people were rounded up to be killed (easy to kill a lot of them in a hurry if you concentrate them in one place).

If the forcible rounding up element is included, then the answer to OO's question is not only no, but hell no.

It was one of those Miriam-Webster type links at the top of a google search. I don't think it had any political bias nor do I guess that it was recently posted in light of the current issue.

Plenty of people who have some insight seem to think it is OK to call them concentration camps.

https://www.newsweek.com/holocaust-genoc...ce=Twitter

Quote:
Quote:

Got it. Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:

The operative word is "if." You have no basis for believing that the clause following the word "if" is true.

My basis is that they were still members of the Facebook group. If I was part of a Facebook group that posted such material I would quickly no longer be a part of said group. I would guess that most of us would take similar action.

Maybe it will come out that there were a bunch of members in the group that argued against the posting of such material within the group. We'll see.

Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps not directly, but perhaps very much indirectly, because that lack of funding is placing those agents in an impossible situation, and the resulting frustration could easily build to the point of this kind of outburst. That is, of course, if (there's that word again) the Facebook posts are legitimate.

The conditions on the border have deteriorated because the flow of immigrants has vastly exceeded capacity of the facilities and personnel. There are three, and insofar as I can tell only three, possible solutions:

Democrats want 3), because they see a steady flow of illegal immigrants as steady supply of future democrat voters. They have voted against 1) for decades, as quite frankly have some republicans for different reasons. So Trump is putting pressure on Mexico to accomplish 2). Mexico now seems willing to cooperate. We shall wait and see how that progresses.

Actually the Democrats were pushing for 1) but wanted stipulations attached to make sure the money went to programs that could aid the people who needed it. McConnell fought the stipulations, the Democrats capitulated and gave the Senate the blank check that was requested. Hopefully the Senate will do some good with this blank check.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 09:13 AM by Rice93.)
07-02-2019 09:08 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

???

Quote:Second question: No. I have seen these guys working close up and personal, I have known them, and unlike some people, I don't attribute to the whole bunch the things said by a few.

And yet you bring up CBP agents being called "Nazi thugs". Who has called them "Nazi thugs"? AOC? Please provide links to members of Congress who have used that specific language in reference to the agents. I think that you may be attributing to the whole bunch the things said by a few.

Quote:Side point: They are not immigrants until they are accepted to stay here. Right now they are just illegal trespassers. I appreciate the effort to whitewash them as something else.

Are they illegal trespassers? What if some of them have a legitimate claim for asylum? Have they had their day in court? Are they guilty until being proved innocent?

Quote:But maybe you have heard the phrase, if you have the name, might as well have the game. Keep on accusing the BP of being Nazi thugs, and maybe you will get a few. But generally, they are decent people like you and me who are getting tired of being labeled by your gang of being the worst sort of humans in the world. Explain to me why the BP would be comprised of such people.

Explain to me why a pretty good percentage of these generally decent people belong to this hateful Facebook group? Is it because AOC made them feel so bad that they all raced over to Facebook to post hateful, sexist, and racist memes? Oh wait... the group was formed in August, 2016.

I'm sure there plenty of good people who are agents. Like any other organization there are good apples and bad apples. But there is surely a massive problem if so many of them are members of a group that think this type of conversation is OK. .

I will try and take your responses in order. But I am astounded at them.

yrs, AOC and her supporters, have been labeling the BP as Nazi and as thugs and sadists for quite some time now.

Google is your friend

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/aocs-lates...n-borders/

I guess I will just have to mark you down as one of those who believe the US is operating concentration camps. I guess you are one who thinks Trump's solution to illegal immigration is the same as Hitler's Final Solution. But what the heck, some people believe that UFOs are landing daily in Area 51. But we KNOW Hitler's camps were to exterminate the Jews.

Glad to hear that this FB group was founded in 2016. Did it have 9,500 members then? Did the content then resemble the content now? Are a;ll of them in agreement with all the posts? I have no idea, I am not on FB, so I am relying on your expertise in sniffing out and destroying official racism.

Yes, these are detention camps for people who have crossed the border illegally. They are not immigrants, any more than a burglar is a resident of the house they break into. Maybe if the Congress allocated more money, we could improve the facilites. Isn't AOC a Congresswoman?

Blaming the CBP for trying to make the best of it will do nothing but make them resentful. The FB posts you attribute to 9500 people attest to that.

I do think you are prone to believe anything if it is negative in any way to the right or to Trump. Thus your concern about the BP while you remain silent on the Antifa rioting.

so now your turn. How has nazism found its way into the BP in such numbers and left other law enforcement outlets relatively untouched? Do they only recruit sadistic bigots?
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 09:20 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-02-2019 09:18 AM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2019 09:18 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 11:21 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Yeah, its incredible the amount of animosity you can engender in a group when you refer to them as Nazis, as running concentration camps, as people who don't care about children, just rip them from their mothers.

???

I will try and take your responses in order. But I am astounded at them.

yrs, AOC and her supporters, have been labeling the BP as Nazi and as thugs and sadists for quite some time now.

Google is your friend

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/aocs-lates...n-borders/

Are you sure? I'm at work so scanned your links quickly. Didn't see any point where CBP agents were called "Nazi thugs". Can you find it for me?

Are you extrapolating that by referring to these detention centers as "concentration camps" that AOC is calling CBP agents "Nazi thugs"? That's a huge leap if so.
07-02-2019 09:25 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(07-02-2019 09:08 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 08:29 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The conditions on the border have deteriorated because the flow of immigrants has vastly exceeded capacity of the facilities and personnel. There are three, and insofar as I can tell only three, possible solutions:

Actually the Democrats were pushing for 1) but wanted stipulations attached to make sure the money went to programs that could aid the people who needed it. McConnell fought the stipulations, the Democrats capitulated and gave the Senate the blank check that was requested. Hopefully the Senate will do some good with this blank check.

Lolz. Yep, not 3. Never 3. Ever, ever, ever.

Thanks for the morning chuckle.
07-02-2019 09:40 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
(07-02-2019 09:25 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  Are you extrapolating that by referring to these detention centers as "concentration camps" that AOC is calling CBP agents "Nazi thugs"? That's a huge leap if so.

I guess you are unclear about the correlation between 'concentration camps' and Nazis. Perhaps a remedial history course is in order?

The position that there is no link between the two is either stunningly obtuse, or willingly evasive. The term was chosen precisely for that reason, and for the reason that it would always be chosen as the term of use. Dont pretend anything else. That would be an idiotic stance.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 09:46 AM by tanqtonic.)
07-02-2019 09:42 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

In a Q&A posted on Instagram, AOC charged Team Trump with holding illegal border-crossers in “concentration camps.” Leaving no doubt that she was invoking the Nazi death camps, she noted that she was addressing people “concerned enough with humanity to say that . . . ‘Never Again’ means something.”

I guess in your mind that means the Nazi death camps were not manned by Nazi thugs.

At least AOC called them "illegal border crossers, not immigrants.

Score one for AOC.
07-02-2019 09:42 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/aoc-cl...7Kz#page=2

The New York Democrat said people of all ages were being mistreated and were "drinking out of toilets" as the guards laughed at the migrants' plight right in front of her.

AOC said it, so it must be true. No matter about logic and reason. But if I had ti give a tour of my facility to an antagonistic, Congresswoman, I would not laugh in front of her. Would you?

I think AOC should change her name to Joe McCarthy. She has uncovered evidence that there are thousands on Nazis in the BP. Only in the BP.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 10:07 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-02-2019 10:00 AM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(07-02-2019 09:42 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 09:25 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  Are you extrapolating that by referring to these detention centers as "concentration camps" that AOC is calling CBP agents "Nazi thugs"? That's a huge leap if so.

I guess you are unclear about the correlation between 'concentration camps' and Nazis. Perhaps a remedial history course is in order?

The position that there is no link between the two is either stunningly obtuse, or willingly evasive. The term was chosen precisely for that reason, and for the reason that it would always be chosen as the term of use. Dont pretend anything else. That would be an idiotic stance.

Perhaps I think there is some nuance between referring to them as concentration camps and besmirching the government agents who are called to carry out their duties as "Nazi thugs". For the record, I wouldn't have called them concentration camps to begin with. I don't love the implications of that.

One can call out the administration's policies on these detention centers as being horrible without calling the government employees going to work in these centers "Nazis thugs" or horrible in general.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 10:24 AM by Rice93.)
07-02-2019 10:09 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.