Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Trump Administration
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: Trump Administration
Interesting thing:

I had a bet (that I lost) on this subject: Citizen's United. The bet was whether every single Democratic nominee had pledged to 'strike it down' or 'legislate it away' (or otherwise combat it or be against it). They all have.

So, it really can be accurately stated that the Democratic Party is committed to repealing, in effect, both the First and Second Amendments.

If you think that is an overstatement, consider that every Democratic presidential candidate singularly and explicitly has denounced the Supreme Court case that overruled the law that said the Federal government could ban the making and/or showing of a movie on the explicit ground that it was critical of a presidential candidate, but also said that the resulting penalty of a jail term for the producers is one of the proper penalties.

I wonder if any of the Democratic nominees are even aware of the factual background of Citizen's United, or of any of the provisions of the law that was struck down?

Additionally, how in the world does *anyone* support the notion that the act of making or showing a movie with a political message should be illegal, but also subject people to a term in prison on top of that? How can *anyone* support such a law? This has had me baffled for a long time....
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 03:10 PM by tanqtonic.)
03-31-2019 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 09:54 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Why do the Democrats cling so bitterly to the myth of Russian collusion? The Mueller report does not satisfy them. Despite the efforts of a well-funds and well-equipped two year investigation by an unbiased team, they cannot accept the results. They hold on to the thought that Mueller must have missed something, something so plain and readily apparent that it will be instantly obvious if only they allow Schiff and Nader to look.

UFO’S anybody? Illuminati?

The Republicans may not be the party of health care. The Democrats are definitely the party of conspiracy theory.

In October of 2016, the big question the Democrats had was “could Trump and the Republicans accept defeat”? Now we know the Democrats are ones who can dish it out but take it.

It is an article of faith to them that there MUST have been cheating, how else could they lose? So if it cannot be found, then think they just need to look harder.

What a bunch of dolts.

I was pretty certain that the results of the Mueller report were going to be less-than-exciting for those Democrats who thought that it would bring the administration to its knees.

That said... what's in the Mueller report? Does anybody know? The majority of Democrats that I have seen in the news are angry about not seeing the report rather than not being accepting of its findings.
03-31-2019 05:55 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(03-31-2019 05:55 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 09:54 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Why do the Democrats cling so bitterly to the myth of Russian collusion? The Mueller report does not satisfy them. Despite the efforts of a well-funds and well-equipped two year investigation by an unbiased team, they cannot accept the results. They hold on to the thought that Mueller must have missed something, something so plain and readily apparent that it will be instantly obvious if only they allow Schiff and Nader to look.

The Republicans may not be the party of health care. The Democrats are definitely the party of conspiracy theory.

In October of 2016, the big question the Democrats had was “could Trump and the Republicans accept defeat”? Now we know the Democrats are ones who can dish it out but take it.

It is an article of faith to them that there MUST have been cheating, how else could they lose? So if it cannot be found, then think they just need to look harder.

What a bunch of dolts.

I was pretty certain that the results of the Mueller report were going to be less-than-exciting for those Democrats who thought that it would bring the administration to its knees.

That said... what's in the Mueller report? Does anybody know? The majority of Democrats that I have seen in the news are angry about not seeing the report rather than not being accepting of its findings.

Well, we have a summary of it from a respected AG, and not a peep from Mueller that he was misquoted.

BUT, in any case, we will have a release of all that can be released by mid-April.

The redactions are dictated by law (the law the Democrats wrote), national security, and long time policy.

The democrats have shown us they can find a crime in any shadow if the shadow is cast by a Republican. They will argue that the proof of the collusion exists, it's in the report, and only the redactions keep it from the light. If they cannot find it, they will just keep searching. But they WILL find something, even if it is just that President Trump once saw a Russian on TV. Proof positive.

In short, the living definition of witch hunt.

Witch hunt, witch hunt.

Told you so two years ago. The narrative never made sense.

They have proven that it is they who cannot accept the result of the election.

It must make the Democrats here SO very proud to be a part of this.
03-31-2019 06:23 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

What a bunch of dolts.

And *why* do you think they are angry about 'not seeing it'?

This is still Kubler-Ross cycle stuff here.

I doubt very seriously they would be maddy-poo or even 'antsy' if the report detailed explicit and ongoing collusive activities and/or explicit findings of obstruction, and the AG reported as such. Funny that.

I think the 'not seeing it' is explicitly tied to the 'not being accepting' of what is an MSNBC-theism on the culpability. CNN and MSNBC hyped continuously and vigorously *all* of: a) the obviousness of Russian collusion; b) the obviousness of obstruction; *and* c) the superhero and infallibility of Mueller to ferret out a) and b).

Now, it seems, there is a schism amongst the three credos above which seems to be creating a serious cognitive dissonance.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 06:25 PM by tanqtonic.)
03-31-2019 06:23 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-31-2019 06:23 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

What a bunch of dolts.

I doubt very seriously they would be maddy-poo or even 'antsy' if the report detailed explicit and ongoing collusive activities and/or explicit findings of obstruction, and the AG reported as such. Funny that.

I think the 'not seeing it' is explicitly tied to the 'not being accepting' of what is an MSNBC-theism on the culpability. CNN and MSNBC hyped continuously and vigorously *all* of: a) the obviousness of Russian collusion; b) the obviousness of obstruction; *and* c) the superhero and infallibility of Mueller.

Now, it seems, there is a schism amongst the three credos above which seems to be creating a serious cognitive dissonance.

They cannot find the witch. This is upsetting for witch hunters.
03-31-2019 06:26 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 06:23 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

What a bunch of dolts.

Well, we have a summary of it from a respected AG, and not a peep from Mueller that he was misquoted.

BUT, in any case, we will have a release of all that can be released by mid-April.

The redactions are dictated by law (the law the Democrats wrote), national security, and long time policy.

The democrats have shown us they can find a crime in any shadow if the shadow is cast by a Republican. They will argue that the proof of the collusion exists, it's in the report, and only the redactions keep it from the light. If they cannot find it, they will just keep searching. But they WILL find something, even if it is just that President Trump once saw a Russian on TV. Proof positive.

Witch hunt, witch hunt.

Please. Each party is guilty of acting in the EXACT same fashion when an opportunity presents itself. And then the opposing party makes the exact same comments that you just made. Rinse, wash, repeat. You are not so partisan that you don't recognize that?

How do you think the Republican leadership would behave if the shoe was on the other foot? They would quietly accept Barr's "summary" and no further questions asked?

And as for "not a peep" from Mueller that he was misquoted: 1) There were barely any quotes in the summary letter to get wrong. 2) Mueller doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to whine to the media.
03-31-2019 06:45 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 06:26 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

What a bunch of dolts.

I think the 'not seeing it' is explicitly tied to the 'not being accepting' of what is an MSNBC-theism on the culpability. CNN and MSNBC hyped continuously and vigorously *all* of: a) the obviousness of Russian collusion; b) the obviousness of obstruction; *and* c) the superhero and infallibility of Mueller.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_c...80%932019)
03-31-2019 06:49 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-31-2019 06:45 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 06:23 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

What a bunch of dolts.

Witch hunt, witch hunt.

Please. Each party is guilty of acting in the EXACT same fashion when an opportunity presents itself. And then the opposing party makes the exact same comments that you just made. Rinse, wash, repeat. You are not so partisan that you don't recognize that?

How do you think the Republican leadership would behave if the shoe was on the other foot? They would quietly accept Barr's "summary" and no further questions asked?

And as for "not a peep" from Mueller that he was misquoted: 1) There were barely any quotes in the summary letter to get wrong. 2) Mueller doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to whine to the media.

Mueller hascorrected the media before when they had it wrong.

This was a quote from the report:

“[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

And another:

we noted that the Special Counsel recognized that “the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference,"

There are other provisions presented in quotations.

Barr's summary

As for the EXACT same fashion, I doubt it. I doubt it, But after two years of talking to the wall, er, Democrats, about this, I do not mind saying "I told you so", since I did tell them so, long ago, and they explained to me why I was wrong. Asked again and again what the Dems thought the narrative was of events that would make up this 'treason". No answer.

They will continue the witch hunt, and I will continue to regard it as a witch hunt, both of us despite the two year, $25,000,000 investigation into nothing, done by political operative for political purposes. It will be continued by them, for political purposes.

I really don't care to excuse their behavior. I have no problem with them asking to read the entire report. I will have a problem with their future insistence to publish the redacted parts. And I have zero doubt but that they will find something to spin in such a way as to keep their witch hunt alive until November 2020.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 07:12 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
03-31-2019 07:08 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 06:45 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Please. Each party is guilty of acting in the EXACT same fashion when an opportunity presents itself. And then the opposing party makes the exact same comments that you just made. Rinse, wash, repeat. You are not so partisan that you don't recognize that?

Agree that each party is guilty of extreme partisanship when the opportunity arises. I don't have much use for either one of them. I do think the democrats' absolute refusal to accept the results of the 2016 presidential election comes across pretty badly. I think they will keep going, picking any nits they can find in the Mueller report when it is issued. In so doing, I think they run a serious risk of prompting a major backlash.

Quote:How do you think the Republican leadership would behave if the shoe was on the other foot? They would quietly accept Barr's "summary" and no further questions asked?

But nobody is asking anyone to accept Barr's letter with no further questions. The entire report will be released, excluding portions that have to be redacted either to preserve national security (intel methods and sources) or to comply with statutory provisions. And as I understand it, Barr, Mueller, and Rosenstein are collaborating on the redaction, so there is absolutely no reason to suspect any funny stuff there.

Quote:And as for "not a peep" from Mueller that he was misquoted: 1) There were barely any quotes in the summary letter to get wrong. 2) Mueller doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that is going to whine to the media.

Whatever kind of guy Bobby Three Sticks is, he took an oath to "support and defend" the constitution. If there is anything untoward going on, he has both the right and the constitutional duty to speak up. So far, he is not speaking.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 07:22 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
03-31-2019 07:21 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 07:21 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 06:45 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  Please. Each party is guilty of acting in the EXACT same fashion when an opportunity presents itself. And then the opposing party makes the exact same comments that you just made. Rinse, wash, repeat. You are not so partisan that you don't recognize that?

Agree that each party is guilty of extreme partisanship when the opportunity arises. I don't have much use for either one of them. I do think the democrats' absolute refusal to accept the results of the 2016 presidential election comes across pretty badly. I think they will keep going, picking any nits they can find in the Mueller report when it is issued. In so doing, I think they run a serious risk of prompting a major backlash.

Agree that they may face backlash if they continue to push the case and nothing comes of it.
03-31-2019 08:01 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 07:21 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  But nobody is asking anyone to accept Barr's letter with no further questions. The entire report will be released, excluding portions that have to be redacted either to preserve national security (intel methods and sources) or to comply with statutory provisions. And as I understand it, Barr, Mueller, and Rosenstein are collaborating on the redaction, so there is absolutely no reason to suspect any funny stuff there.

Is this true? I hadn't heard that Mueller and Rosenstein would play an active role in the redaction process. I would be happy to hear this but find it hard to believe.
03-31-2019 08:04 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 07:21 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  But nobody is asking anyone to accept Barr's letter with no further questions. The entire report will be released, excluding portions that have to be redacted either to preserve national security (intel methods and sources) or to comply with statutory provisions. And as I understand it, Barr, Mueller, and Rosenstein are collaborating on the redaction, so there is absolutely no reason to suspect any funny stuff there.

Is this true? I hadn't heard that Mueller and Rosenstein would play an active role in the redaction process. I would be happy to hear this but find it hard to believe.
03-31-2019 08:04 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(03-31-2019 08:04 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  

I too recently read that they were involved, but I forget where I read it. (I know that's not much help.)
03-31-2019 08:10 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2019 06:49 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  

What a bunch of dolts.

Funny...... reading that big ol' long list...... can you point me to the ones that dealt with 'collusion'?

Here is the scorecard you so bravely point to --

Papadapolous -- 1 count -- 1 process crimes -- no counts related to Russia
Gates -- 25 counts -- 2 process crimes -- all the rest of the 23 related to 5 actions, none Russia
Manafort -- 20 counts -- 3 process crimes -- no counts related Russia

So the current count is 3 defendants, 46 counts, 6 process crimes, 0 (as in zilch, nada) related to Russia.

And continuing --

Flynn -- 1 count -- 1 process crime -- ZERO related to Russia
Pinedo -- 1 count -- 0 process crimes (a FIRST!!!!) -- again zero related to Russia
Van Der Zwaan -- 1 count -- 1 process crime -- and...... ANOTHER ZERO related to Russia.

Count to this point: 6 defendants, 49 counts, 8 process crimes, and STILL a big fat fing zero related to Russia....

February 16 Indictments -- 15 defendants, 17 counts, 2 process crimes, 3 counts actually related to Russian and 2016 election (and there is great rejoicing.....) (finally......)

So after the *big* batch -- 21 defendants, 66 counts, 10 process crimes, and 3! (yes, 3!) whole fing counts related to related to Russia and the 2016 election.

July 18 indictments -- 13 defendants, 22 counts, and another 3! (DOUBLE THE TOTAL) counts related to Russia/2016 Election.

Running total -- 44 defendants, 88 counts, 10 process crimes, and a whole whopping 6! counts related to Russian interference

Cohen -- 1 count, 1 process crime, ZERO related to Russia

Stone -- 7 counts, 6 process crimes

GRAND TOTAL FOR THE NON-WITCH HUNT that you slam down in victory as a GRAND retort ---

46 defendants
96 counts
18 process crimes
and........

(drum roll.....)

SIX, count em SIX counts related to Russian interference, and a grand whopping total of ZERO counts related to any collusion.

Yeah, *that* link will *really* shut the pie hole of the 'witch hunt' crowd'. Good job!
03-31-2019 09:20 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

If you go hunting for bear, and come home with three rabbits, a snake, a possum, and your neighbor's dog, it was NOT a successful bear hunt. You could shoot 1,000 cats, and it still would not be a successful bear hunt.

The witch was Russian collusion. None was found. Y'all are still hunting for witches(collusion). None will be found.
03-31-2019 10:22 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-31-2019 06:49 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  

What a bunch of dolts.

None of those were for collusion. Collusion was the witch they were hunting for.

If the cops are looking for a bank robber, but instead arrest three shoplifters and a couple of jaywalkers, was the manhunt successful?
03-31-2019 10:25 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

Fifteen so far by this count

I am not sure if front-runner Avenati is the businessman or the guru. Probably the guru.
04-01-2019 08:59 AM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
Quote:Here is the scorecard you so bravely point to --

So bravely? I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion about this. Why do you phrase it like that? It makes you sound toxic, Tanq. How about just "Here is the scorecard you point to?

Quote:SIX, count em SIX counts related to Russian interference, and a grand whopping total of ZERO counts related to any collusion.

Yeah, *that* link will *really* shut the pie hole of the 'witch hunt' crowd'. Good job!

Wasn't Mueller's mandate to investigate Russian interference with the 2016 election? And related matters?
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019 10:23 AM by Rice93.)
04-01-2019 10:17 AM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(03-31-2019 10:25 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  None of those were for collusion. Collusion was the witch they were hunting for.

If the cops are looking for a bank robber, but instead arrest three shoplifters and a couple of jaywalkers, was the manhunt successful?

They were looking for Russian interference into the 2016 election.
04-01-2019 10:19 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(04-01-2019 10:19 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 10:25 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  None of those were for collusion. Collusion was the witch they were hunting for.

They were looking for Russian interference into the 2016 election.

Nope. They were looking for links from the Trump campaign to Russia. Here is the letter: please note article i

But even if you were right, what do all those indictments of Americans have to do with that?
04-01-2019 10:29 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.