Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Trump Administration
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Trump Administration
(03-20-2019 01:35 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Well, in this case, sunlight is equally being applied to people involved with the Trump admin AND the Obama admin...

Do you really believe that? I mean, really, seriously? How and why?
03-21-2019 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-20-2019 01:35 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Well, in this case, sunlight is equally being applied to people involved with the Trump admin AND the Obama admin...

03-21-2019 06:12 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(03-21-2019 06:12 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Did you read the article?
03-21-2019 06:15 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-21-2019 06:15 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 06:12 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
Did you read the article?

Didn't get any indication of "equally" from the article.
03-21-2019 08:25 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Lad's idea of equal treatment under the law is being unfair to people on both sides.

Of course, we won't know how unfair it is to Craig until he is charged and sentenced. But for both of them, a small fine would have, should have sufficed.

Of course, if Craig put any of his lobbying money in a US bank, there is the money laundering.

And since this stuff was part of the "smoke" that made the Mueller probe "necessary",
to be equal we need an equal probe in the relationship between Obama (President Flexible) and Russia. Seems like he was awfully soft on Russia...
03-21-2019 08:58 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2019 08:58 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Lad's idea of equal treatment under the law is being unfair to people on both sides.

Of course, we won't know how unfair it is to Craig until he is charged and sentenced. But for both of them, a small fine would have, should have sufficed.

Of course, if Craig put any of his lobbying money in a US bank, there is the money laundering.

And since this stuff was part of the "smoke" that made the Mueller probe "necessary",
to be equal we need an equal probe in the relationship between Obama (President Flexible) and Russia. Seems like he was awfully soft on Russia...

My definition of equally is that if you're going to go after people for not registering as a foreign agent, you shouldn't care what admin they're serving under.

So in this case, it's clear that the Mueller team is applying the law equally, as the charges are the same. It's a perfect example of applying the law equally, is it not?
03-21-2019 09:37 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-21-2019 09:37 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 08:58 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Lad's idea of equal treatment under the law is being unfair to people on both sides.

My definition of equally is that if you're going to go after people for not registering as a foreign agent, you shouldn't care what admin they're serving under.

So in this case, it's clear that the Mueller team is applying the law equally, as the charges are the same. It's a perfect example of applying the law equally, is it not?

If they end up charging him with money laundering, squeeze him to get dirt on Obama, and then send him to prison, yes.

But it is smoke about the Obama Administration's relationship with Russia, is it not?
precedent calls for a special counsel investigation to see if there was treason, right?
03-21-2019 09:41 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2019 09:41 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

If they end up charging him with money laundering, squeeze him to get dirt on Obama, and then send him to prison, yes.

But it is smoke about the Obama Administration's relationship with Russia, is it not?
precedent calls for a special counsel investigation to see if there was treason, right?

Not really. The entire Trump admin investigation was not built off of the ties of Manafort alone. If we start finding out that other top Obama administration officials were doing something similar, then you're right that an investigation into the administration would be warranted.
03-21-2019 10:24 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-21-2019 10:24 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 09:41 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

Not really. The entire Trump admin investigation was not built off of the ties of Manafort alone. If we start finding out that other top Obama administration officials were doing something similar, then you're right that an investigation into the administration would be warranted.

True. The Trump investigation was based on the fake dossier. Anyone know where one can be commissioned? Fusion GPS, maybe?

But you were the guy talking about smoke. Here is smoke. The flexible comment is smoke. The actions of the Obama Administration in the Crimea and Ukraine is smoke. Smoke, smoke, smoke.

Yeah, this is equal treatment.
03-21-2019 10:29 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
I love how the 'slap on the wrist, pay a fine, complete and submit a form' thingy gets bootstrapped to a felony beef these days with the action of banking the proceeds.

I sleep better at night because of this. For some odd reason I doubt outside of the context of operation 'get bad orange man' (also known as operation 'enough smoke') that the prosecutorial resource of the Feds will be utilized for this.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 10:36 AM by tanqtonic.)
03-21-2019 10:32 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(03-20-2019 06:52 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 01:35 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 12:43 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 11:08 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
You really believe that or are you jus' playin'? If so, then let's first "shine a little light" on Hiliary's server. Or Barry's secret dealings with Insurance giants in not-open-to-tha-public white house meeting before unleashing Obissmalcare...or NancyP's "you have to pass the document before you see what's in it"--there's your lefty's attitude towards sunlight. So it's kind of difficult to take your statement sincerely, since it only seems to apply to those who don't agree with you instead of, you know, equally for everyone, and I'm getting that based on the actions of folks from the left side of the aisle, along with their comments. Sunlight should apply equally to everyone, just like laws should apply equally to illegal border-crossers as to citizens--but somehow, they do not.
Well, in this case, sunlight is equally being applied to people involved with the Trump admin AND the Obama admin...

I'm not at all convinced that it is, certainly at least not yet. James Comey recited as facts certain things that would be sufficient to convince me, if I were a juror, that Hillary Clinton committed multiple federal felony offenses, beyond a reasonable doubt--beyond any doubt, as a matter of fact. I can see that it might have been difficult to obtain a conviction from a jury comprised of people who did not understand the national defense information security system. I would tend to include Hillary herself in the number of those who did not, and on a prospective basis I would argue very strongly that the system whereby politicians gain access to classified information is in dire need of severe changes.

To summarize, all I ask is that everyone be measured against the same rule, applied with equal vigor to all. I see no indication so far that such is going to be the case. I tend to fault republicans, who held majorities in both houses of congress for two years and did nothing.

Bingo! I have to agree with Owl#s' post here. I think a lot of folks on the right would dial down their enthusiasm if they saw the laws being applied equally to past (and present) offenses from the leading figures on the left. Hilliary being among the most egregious, but certainly not the only one. The fact that next to no-one is even trying to open an investigation into her atrocities over the years is telling, and pisses off a lot of middle of the road voters who by default become more staunch Trump supporters if only due to this fact. the Left just doesn't get it: equality should apply to ALL people, and leaders--but the Left says theirs are hands off. There's your Trump re-election. Blame yourselves.
03-21-2019 09:56 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
I don't care if Hillary deleted some emails or if Trump is too cozy with Russia. It is completely irrelevant to the major issues society is dealing with today.

Whichever candidate can convince me that they take balancing the budget, dealing with the border crisis, and making healthcare more affordable seriously will be getting my vote, regardless of personal baggage. Trump is a mediocre 1/3, so I would happily vote for a Moderate democrat over him if they focused on the actual issues instead of Trump scandals and identity politics. Unfortunately, only one such Democrat exists and she is under fire from HuffPost, etc for not being liberal enough.

I agree with the above poster. The libs have no one to blame but themselves for Trump's presidency.
03-21-2019 10:41 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-21-2019 10:41 PM)uconnbaseball Wrote:  . Unfortunately, only one such Democrat exists and she is under fire from HuffPost, etc for not being liberal enough.

Her name? I cannot think of any Democrats who are not campaigning on the twin issues of 1) get Trump and 2) increasing the Democrat's voting base.
03-22-2019 08:29 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-22-2019 08:29 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(03-21-2019 10:41 PM)uconnbaseball Wrote:  . Unfortunately, only one such Democrat exists and she is under fire from HuffPost, etc for not being liberal enough.

Her name? I cannot think of any Democrats who are not campaigning on the twin issues of 1) get Trump and 2) increasing the Democrat's voting base.

Which Dems have been actively campaigning on “getting Trump?” And what have they been saying?
03-22-2019 08:42 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

You really believe that or are you jus' playin'? If so, then let's first "shine a little light" on Hiliary's server. Or Barry's secret dealings with Insurance giants in not-open-to-tha-public white house meeting before unleashing Obissmalcare...or NancyP's "you have to pass the document before you see what's in it"--there's your lefty's attitude towards sunlight. So it's kind of difficult to take your statement sincerely, since it only seems to apply to those who don't agree with you instead of, you know, equally for everyone, and I'm getting that based on the actions of folks from the left side of the aisle, along with their comments. Sunlight should apply equally to everyone, just like laws should apply equally to illegal border-crossers as to citizens--but somehow, they do not.
Well, in this case, sunlight is equally being applied to people involved with the Trump admin AND the Obama admin...

I'm not at all convinced that it is, certainly at least not yet. James Comey recited as facts certain things that would be sufficient to convince me, if I were a juror, that Hillary Clinton committed multiple federal felony offenses, beyond a reasonable doubt--beyond any doubt, as a matter of fact. I can see that it might have been difficult to obtain a conviction from a jury comprised of people who did not understand the national defense information security system. I would tend to include Hillary herself in the number of those who did not, and on a prospective basis I would argue very strongly that the system whereby politicians gain access to classified information is in dire need of severe changes.

To summarize, all I ask is that everyone be measured against the same rule, applied with equal vigor to all. I see no indication so far that such is going to be the case. I tend to fault republicans, who held majorities in both houses of congress for two years and did nothing.

So what are your feelings about the news that Kushner has been using WhatsApp to conduct official government business?
03-22-2019 08:43 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-22-2019 08:43 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

So what are your feelings about the news that Kushner has been using WhatsApp to conduct official government business?

And, what is yours?
03-22-2019 10:36 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

And, what is yours?

If true (the most used two words on CNN), should he get the same penalty as Hillary? To have to run for president and endure the adulation of millions of un-savvy people?
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019 10:42 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
03-22-2019 10:36 AM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

Klobuchar. She pissed off a lot of college students by stating that she does not believe in free college for all. I am sure she is critical on Trump but she is not selling out to AOC and other left-wing extremists.

She votes with Trump 31% of the time; not as centrist as I would like but still fairly moderate. She is not a sheep.
03-22-2019 10:50 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(03-22-2019 10:50 AM)uconnbaseball Wrote:  

Klobuchar. She pissed off a lot of college students by stating that she does not believe in free college for all. I am sure she is critical on Trump but she is not selling out to AOC and other left-wing extremists.

She votes with Trump 31% of the time; not as centrist as I would like but still fairly moderate. She is not a sheep.

Thanks.
03-22-2019 01:02 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-22-2019 10:36 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(03-20-2019 12:43 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  You really believe that or are you jus' playin'? If so, then let's first "shine a little light" on Hiliary's server. Or Barry's secret dealings with Insurance giants in not-open-to-tha-public white house meeting before unleashing Obissmalcare...or NancyP's "you have to pass the document before you see what's in it"--there's your lefty's attitude towards sunlight. So it's kind of difficult to take your statement sincerely, since it only seems to apply to those who don't agree with you instead of, you know, equally for everyone, and I'm getting that based on the actions of folks from the left side of the aisle, along with their comments. Sunlight should apply equally to everyone, just like laws should apply equally to illegal border-crossers as to citizens--but somehow, they do not.

And, what is yours?

Based on what I’ve heard security experts (per the description given about them) say, it’s way worse. Not only does the use of the service keep our own intelligence community and other government agencies out of the loop, his phone is more susceptible to hacking. It appears to be a much greater security concern.
03-22-2019 03:07 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.