Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Trump Administration
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: Trump Administration
(07-16-2018 02:21 PM)ColOwl Wrote:  Just can't seem to keep my mind from humming this tune today. Big hit in 1966, my freshman year at Rice. Wonder why.

Pull the string and I'll wink at you, I'm your puppet
I'll do funny things if you want me to, I'm your puppet
Mm. I'm yours to have and to hold
Darling, you've got full control of your puppet
Pull them little strings and I'll kiss your lips, I'm your puppet
Snap your fingers and I'll turn you some flips, I'm your puppet
Mm, your every wish is my command
All you got to do is wiggle your little hand
I'm your puppet, I'm your puppet I'm just a toy, just a funny boy
That makes you laugh when you're blue I'll be wonderful, do just what I'm told
I'll do anything for youi'm your puppet, I'm your puppet
Just pull them little strings and I'll sing you a song, I'm your puppet
Make me do right or make me do wrong, I'm your puppet.
Mm, treat me good and I'll do anything
I'm just a puppet and you hold my string, I'm your puppetyour walking, talking, kissing, loving puppet
I'm hanging on a string,
I'll do anything, love you 'n' kiss ya

Not sure why you are going off topic, but it was a good song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcD2iexGqZQ

Since we are doing music now, here is another oldie but goodie
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 05:29 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-16-2018 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Houston Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
ColOwl wasn't thinking...if you can call it that.
07-16-2018 03:53 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
Interesting word there -- 'coordinating'.

'To systematize'. I really cant say that what Stone has put out there of his discussion with Guccifer is really 'coordinating' in the way that I would think of it.

I guess if you characterize the sum total (the proof we have) of one twitter conversation as 'coordinating', I guess this thread is full of 'coordinators' 'coordinating' amongst themselves.

And yeah, Im guilty as well of more than once using loaded as crap words in a place where they 'might' lie on an outlier stretch of meaning.

Investigate it? yep sure should. I am sure Mr Stone has already talked to those windbreaker-clad dudes that called him up. Be interesting if the forensics on Stones server match that Deputy Dawg level that Hillary and her server consultants found herself in the droopy-eyed crosshairs of.
07-16-2018 03:54 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-16-2018 03:54 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Interesting word there -- 'coordinating'.

'To systematize'. I really cant say that what Stone has put out there of his discussion with Guccifer is really 'coordinating' in the way that I would think of it.

I guess if you characterize the sum total (the proof we have) of one twitter conversation as 'coordinating', I guess this thread is full of 'coordinators' 'coordinating' amongst themselves.

And yeah, Im guilty as well of more than once using loaded as crap words in a place where they 'might' lie on an outlier stretch of meaning.

Investigate it? yep sure should. I am sure Mr Stone has already talked to those windbreaker-clad dudes that called him up. Be interesting if the forensics on Stones server match that Deputy Dawg level that Hillary and her server consultants found herself in the droopy-eyed crosshairs of.

Lad said he heard it on the news. So it might be interesting which outlet used the word "coordinating" in their reporting.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 04:03 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-16-2018 04:03 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

OO -- we should stop coordinating like this. It could be taken as unbecoming at the very least.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 04:33 PM by tanqtonic.)
07-16-2018 04:24 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-16-2018 04:24 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  OO -- we should stop coordinating like this. It could be taken as unbecoming at the very least.

And collusion at the worst.

Unless they want to make it treason.

Probably enough smoke to warrant an investigation. After, nobody has ever seen us in the same room at the same time. Suspicious, huh?
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 05:04 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
07-16-2018 05:02 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-16-2018 02:34 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(07-16-2018 11:33 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The Russians meddled. They have for some time and will continue to do so. So do several other countries. So do we, to them. If you’re not, then you’re not trying. When you catch them you prosecute them. What I can’t understand about the left is the consistent minimizing of the risks that Hillary and her staff took with classified information, given that reality. It’s like it didn’t get to be a problem until Hillary lost the presidential election. And don’t go talking about how the two are unrelated. It’s the same disregard for information security that has characterized the Clinton organization since Sandy Berger smuggled classified information out in his socks. It didn’t bite them over Berger or the server, thanks to Bill and Lynch and “grandchildren” and Comey, but it bit them this time.
We know the above. What we don’t have is any indication that actual votes were tampered with. And so far we have no indication of any conspiracy between “the Russians” and the Trump campaign or administration. So don’t go conflating.
And it’s not like busting Comey, Manafort for not filing disclosure forms ten years ago is going to stop future hacking by “the Russians” or anyone else.
It’s sort of like the fact that global temperatures are rising gets conflated into Al Gore’s “hockey stick” in an effort to induce hysteria.
We actually do have evidence of Roger Stone (Trump campaign) coordinating with Gucifer 2.0 (Russians), if I remember the news correctly.

And what did that "coordination" consist of?
07-16-2018 05:26 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-16-2018 05:26 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(07-16-2018 02:34 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(07-16-2018 11:33 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The Russians meddled. They have for some time and will continue to do so. So do several other countries. So do we, to them. If you’re not, then you’re not trying. When you catch them you prosecute them. What I can’t understand about the left is the consistent minimizing of the risks that Hillary and her staff took with classified information, given that reality. It’s like it didn’t get to be a problem until Hillary lost the presidential election. And don’t go talking about how the two are unrelated. It’s the same disregard for information security that has characterized the Clinton organization since Sandy Berger smuggled classified information out in his socks. It didn’t bite them over Berger or the server, thanks to Bill and Lynch and “grandchildren” and Comey, but it bit them this time.
We know the above. What we don’t have is any indication that actual votes were tampered with. And so far we have no indication of any conspiracy between “the Russians” and the Trump campaign or administration. So don’t go conflating.
And it’s not like busting Comey, Manafort for not filing disclosure forms ten years ago is going to stop future hacking by “the Russians” or anyone else.
It’s sort of like the fact that global temperatures are rising gets conflated into Al Gore’s “hockey stick” in an effort to induce hysteria.
We actually do have evidence of Roger Stone (Trump campaign) coordinating with Gucifer 2.0 (Russians), if I remember the news correctly.

And what did that "coordination" consist of?

And I still want to know who told you that.
07-16-2018 05:33 PM
ColOwl Offline
All American

New Orleans Bowl
The Muse reads the news:

Trumpity Drumpfity hummed the tune in Helsinki
Where his protective posture raised quite the stinky.
Puddin ordained the theme, a hit from the sixties.
But will Penn and Spooner collect their royalties?
07-16-2018 09:05 PM
ExcitedOwl18 Offline
Heisman

07-16-2018 09:22 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

How did you get through the first two minutes?

Edited to add: had to break it up into 1.5 minute chunks --- otherwise it devolves in 'buzz buzz buzz intelligence agencies buzz buzz deep state buzz buzz millions of dollars buzz buzz bush buzz buzz only profited buzz buzz russian free speech buzz buzz"

Exact same way I had to watch Eraserhead -- at least that one supposedly has a couple of stars on Rotten Tomatoes and some douchey dude will say what a brilliant movie it is.

This one is 9 minutes of baseball cap, hunting dog walking around in the background, stock pond and Alex Jones-type blather with bad selfie video action --- kind of a Trump-based 'My Dinner With Andre', with no one else at the stock pond setting.

9 minutes of my life Ill never get back..... sheesh......
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 10:05 PM by tanqtonic.)
07-16-2018 09:56 PM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls

07-16-2018 10:28 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

Conspiracy theorists reading the writings of other conspiracy theorists. Now do the one about UFOs and Area 51.
07-16-2018 11:57 PM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
07-17-2018 12:41 AM
JustAnotherAustinOwlStill Offline
Bench Warmer

Really? You guys are still defending Trump after his performance in Helsinki? Does Putin have kompromat on you too? LOL

I officially re-retire from the Russia debate.
07-17-2018 06:24 AM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2018 12:41 AM)At Ease Wrote:  FBI agent’s affidavit from today

At Ease --- I suggest you actually try some discussion instead of cut and paste.

1) while this political forum may not have that restriction, other political forums on this site actually do. For good reason.

2) To I would assume a Rice graduate would be better than simple 'cut n paste' whack a mole type ****. Just saying.

I welcome a discussion. Be more than happy to enter into a discussion with here. Even if I disagree, I typically find back and forth with other 'Riceys' engaging. I find your 'cut and paste' tedious, and pretty much worthy of an 'ignore' should it continue.
07-17-2018 08:24 AM
Frizzy Owl Offline
Heisman

(07-17-2018 06:24 AM)JustAnotherAustinOwlStill Wrote:  Really? You guys are still defending Trump after his performance in Helsinki? Does Putin have kompromat on you too? LOL

You should wonder why the media is so very interested in maintaining perception of Russia as the boogeyman and Putin as insensate evil, that they define even talking to Russia and Putin as treason.
07-17-2018 09:03 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

(07-17-2018 09:03 AM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  
(07-17-2018 06:24 AM)JustAnotherAustinOwlStill Wrote:  Really? You guys are still defending Trump after his performance in Helsinki? Does Putin have kompromat on you too? LOL

You should wonder why the media is so very interested in maintaining perception of Russia as the boogeyman and Putin as insensate evil, that they define even talking to Russia and Putin as treason.

There is no wonder in JAAO, just certain knowledge.
07-17-2018 09:07 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(07-17-2018 09:03 AM)Frizzy Owl Wrote:  

It was not the simple act of talking that has so many worked up (although there are some who felt that elevating a hostile and, from a GDP perspective, rather weak country to equal status was bad). It was the fact that when pressed, Trump turned his back on his intelligence agencies and sided with Putin, and said that we had some blame in Russia’a aggressive posture and actions.

That was what created such a fervor.

As I saw someone else say, imagine if Reagan had said, Mr. Gorbachev, we’re both at fault for this wall. This was not an instance for the false equivalency Trump tried to point out. I mean, he basically said sorry to Putin for Russia conducting an operation to influence our election...

I’m happy to see so many Reps come out against Trump’s stance.
07-17-2018 09:47 AM
Frizzy Owl Offline
Heisman

(07-17-2018 09:47 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  [quote='Frizzy Owl' pid='15387524' dateline='1531836222']
[quote='JustAnotherAustinOwlStill' pid='15387358' dateline='1531826679']

It was not the simple act of talking that has so many worked up (although there are some who felt that elevating a hostile and, from a GDP perspective, rather weak country to equal status was bad). It was the fact that when pressed, Trump turned his back on his intelligence agencies and sided with Putin, and said that we had some blame in Russia’a aggressive posture and actions.

Goes to show, nothing infuriates people more than telling the truth.
07-17-2018 09:50 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.