Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Negativity No More
Bookmark and Share
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
Negativity No More
Several years back, this board was overloaded with negative bloviating, not only about athletics, due to the obvious reasons, but it spilled over into other parts of the university. As far as I can tell from another state, that is no longer the case. I sense a new atmosphere of genuine positives from all that I read and see. Of course we have our new president and our new athletic direction. So, for you folks there in the Tri-Cities, is it for real a new day at ETSU?
11-07-2016 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: Negativity No More
There's still work to be done, places that need improvement, personnel changes needing made but by and large they're on the right path.
11-07-2016 09:44 PM
Advertisement

etsubuc Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU
The vibe is indeed different on campus. Students seem to like Noland's willingness to interact with them and really become involved in activities.

There will always be people upset about something, and I don't think that the total amount of negativity has decreased. People are upset about the seemingly never ending obsession about increasing student enrollment, others are upset about campus maintenance (which I see as a strength instead of a weakness), half of the students are still upset about football and/or the culp center renovation expenses. Most students are upset about the mandatory meal plan, and the rumor that the university might soon require freshman to live on campus will make some people go through the roof.

But overall I think Noland has done a great job of improving the vibe on campus, and at least a small part of that involves increased discussions regarding athletics. I think that 10 years from now when students have an established football program, renovated buildings and dining options, and are accustomed to some of the recent changes, there will be less negativity.
11-07-2016 10:01 PM
brock20 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Laundry
I definitely think there is a much more positive atmosphere around the university but there are still so many people from the old admin lurking around and influencing students, the public and new faculty. Like etsbuc said though, in 10 years I believe we will see a lot less negativity. ETSU was stuck in a rut for almost 15 years, not just in athletics. I believe they are finally pulling themselves out.
11-08-2016 11:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.