Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are...
(10-20-2016 11:09 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 09:33 AM)HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Wrote:  Ash Greninja looks awesome.

The running can be improved.

Sadly this. Isn't a better so it's here to stay. Also people were PISSED that they made Ash canon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a fan of the anime, their tears are delicious.
10-20-2016 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CougarPoop Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The DOW!!!
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are...
Just picked up the 2TB GOW Bundle Pack XBOX 1.

Haven't played console games since the original Black Ops on 360. Said I was never going to upgrade since no more NCaa Football. I'm intrigued by the BF 1 and I can't wait to play the Bioshock trilogy over with the XB1.

My wife is gonna kill me, but hey, I don't smoke, rarely drink, hunt, or otherwise engage in any tomfoolery outside of entertaining my 10 and 11 year olds.

With what I've spent on Clash of Clans, I could have bot 10 XBoxs.

Also have Halo and Battlefront. What other must haves?
10-20-2016 03:34 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are here)
(10-20-2016 03:34 PM)CougarPoop Wrote:  Just picked up the 2TB GOW Bundle Pack XBOX 1.

Haven't played console games since the original Black Ops on 360. Said I was never going to upgrade since no more NCaa Football. I'm intrigued by the BF 1 and I can't wait to play the Bioshock trilogy over with the XB1.

My wife is gonna kill me, but hey, I don't smoke, rarely drink, hunt, or otherwise engage in any tomfoolery outside of entertaining my 10 and 11 year olds.

With what I've spent on Clash of Clans, I could have bot 10 XBoxs.

Also have Halo and Battlefront. What other must haves?

EA Access ($30 a year) and Gold ($60/year) you'll get access to a ton of games just from those two subscriptions

Also Forza Horizon 3

10-20-2016 08:29 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(10-20-2016 09:53 AM)maccoyle Wrote:  Been playing Battlefield 1 for three days. As a WWI buff I was disheartened by the amount of automatic weapons, but its so fun that didn't matter.

3 days? I just pre-ordered and am downloading it now. I thought it came out tonight at midnight.

I'm glad to hear it's good.
10-20-2016 09:09 PM
MechaKnight Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF, UAB, Army
(10-18-2016 04:11 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Witcher 3 was a wonderful game, and now with the GotY Edition, you can have both (excellent) DLC's plus the *non-bugged* Wolf Gear for the same price as the full game at launch. I would highly recommend investing in an XBoxElite handset or Dualshock 4 if you're a PC gamer, I find I enjoy games much better utilizing those peripherals instead of the key/mouse combo.

If you're only on PC, I'm wonder what kind of game you're primarily into, genre/setting/perspective. My Steam library is way larger than I'd care to admit, but I've found some great hidden gems.

I've got a wired xbox 360 controller that I used it for the Arkham games on my PC and it worked great, so thanks for the tip!

I'm primarily into western RPG style games like Deus Ex, Skyrim, and Red Dead Redemption. I'm a big fan of the Zelda series too but can't justify buying a console for one game.
10-20-2016 09:39 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are here)
(10-20-2016 09:09 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 09:53 AM)maccoyle Wrote:  Been playing Battlefield 1 for three days. As a WWI buff I was disheartened by the amount of automatic weapons, but its so fun that didn't matter.

3 days? I just pre-ordered and am downloading it now. I thought it came out tonight at midnight.

Could have EA Access and/or he bought the early enlister version.

10-21-2016 09:23 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-21-2016 09:23 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 09:09 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

Could have EA Access and/or he bought the early enlister version.

Or pre-ordered on Amazon Prime and have them make the mistake of sending you the Early Enlister version even though you only paid the $42 for the one that released today COGS
10-21-2016 10:25 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are here)
10-21-2016 05:07 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

RE: OT: The Official Video Game Discussion Thread (Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 are here)
COD released. I've watched a couple streams, IW looks like garbage. MW looks great, but I'm not dropping $80 to get it. I'll wait until they release it separately or holiday sales.

I got Titanfall 2. I'm new to the series, but really like it. I tried some multiplayer and got absolutely annihilated, so I'm playing the campaign to try to learn the game a little bit more.
11-04-2016 01:14 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Well, tonight I preorderd/ordered depending on how you view my purchasing decisions the entire new wave of Mario series Amiibos. I was going to do a full set from Best Buy but due to the fact it was 7 figures and I wanted to catch a sale somewhere, somehow so I stalled. Then at the beginning of this week I decided to check out target.com and the new wave qualified for a B2G1Free video game promotion but they wouldn't allow POs the whole week ( and they didn't have them listed till Sunday of this week in the first place). So I got nervous about availability and I work the early bird on release day (11/4) so in my paranoia I hopped on BBY to secure a PO in their system and come to find out I can get in-store pick up on all but 2 of them and those have to ship (keep in mind this is is at 1am today). Then, on a whim I tried Target one more time to see if their sale was up for preorder/ordering them (since it is now 11/4 release day).... it was.... however only half could be done in-store but they were showing no stock so I had to get them all shipped. That came out to $20 cheaper than BBY. I am going to let both orders arrive first and then decide about returning extras as I really can't double dip right now. Crazy thing is, amongst Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, Wal Mart, and Toys R Us some seem to be sold out some aren't, some are stocked at stores some aren't ....its crazy with this wave.... never seen a store only get a partial complete wave ( well sans any retailer exclusives). I do think I will keep the Boo's as I want an open one and a sealed one--because he glows in the dark.

[Image: jpg]

And, after trading in Star Fox Zero I put the credit I got at Gamestop on the new Zelda Series ones:

[Image: amiibo.jpg]

Also, last week I was able to get a long awaited Gold Mario to open--and at retail no less--much cheaper than the one I splurged on last summer when any kind of restock was up in the air and they did a very limited production run. Also, BBY had some sort of crazy flash sale where, because of the insane cheapness of the prices, I got a Faclo, Fox, and Ryu to keep as sealed ones.

Damn these figures are like crack... once you get addicted....
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 02:03 AM by PirateTreasureNC.)
11-04-2016 01:53 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(11-04-2016 01:14 AM)Kronke Wrote:  COD released. I've watched a couple streams, IW looks like garbage. MW looks great, but I'm not dropping $80 to get it. I'll wait until they release it separately or holiday sales.

I got Titanfall 2. I'm new to the series, but really like it. I tried some multiplayer and got absolutely annihilated, so I'm playing the campaign to try to learn the game a little bit more.

Yeah you need to play through the short (4-6 hours) campaign if you're new. It's a great game and the controls are really smooth. It's very telling that these guys have always been at the top of the game in terms on FPS.

11-04-2016 08:40 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(11-04-2016 01:53 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Well, tonight I preorderd/ordered depending on how you view my purchasing decisions the entire new wave of Mario series Amiibos. I was going to do a full set from Best Buy but due to the fact it was 7 figures and I wanted to catch a sale somewhere, somehow so I stalled. Then at the beginning of this week I decided to check out target.com and the new wave qualified for a B2G1Free video game promotion but they wouldn't allow POs the whole week ( and they didn't have them listed till Sunday of this week in the first place). So I got nervous about availability and I work the early bird on release day (11/4) so in my paranoia I hopped on BBY to secure a PO in their system and come to find out I can get in-store pick up on all but 2 of them and those have to ship (keep in mind this is is at 1am today). Then, on a whim I tried Target one more time to see if their sale was up for preorder/ordering them (since it is now 11/4 release day).... it was.... however only half could be done in-store but they were showing no stock so I had to get them all shipped. That came out to $20 cheaper than BBY. I am going to let both orders arrive first and then decide about returning extras as I really can't double dip right now. Crazy thing is, amongst Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, Wal Mart, and Toys R Us some seem to be sold out some aren't, some are stocked at stores some aren't ....its crazy with this wave.... never seen a store only get a partial complete wave ( well sans any retailer exclusives). I do think I will keep the Boo's as I want an open one and a sealed one--because he glows in the dark.

[Image: jpg]

And, after trading in Star Fox Zero I put the credit I got at Gamestop on the new Zelda Series ones:

[Image: amiibo.jpg]

Also, last week I was able to get a long awaited Gold Mario to open--and at retail no less--much cheaper than the one I splurged on last summer when any kind of restock was up in the air and they did a very limited production run. Also, BBY had some sort of crazy flash sale where, because of the insane cheapness of the prices, I got a Faclo, Fox, and Ryu to keep as sealed ones.

Damn these figures are like crack... once you get addicted....

I've never understood the crazy for these type of figures.

11-04-2016 08:43 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(11-04-2016 08:43 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  I've never understood the crazy for these type of figures.

they are like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one.

Personally, I kind of like having relatively cheap figures from some of my favorite video games that can also unlock stuff in games I own ...so its not just a shelf decoration ... and some of the unlocks are pretty cool, and the trainable AI fighters in Smash are pretty good. They still need to do a real game that involves them at a level of say your average Disney Infiniti, Lego ____, or Skylanders...
11-04-2016 11:48 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/exc...e-64-wii-u

Excitebike 64 coming to the WiiU VC! I believe I shall pick this one up tomorrow. I haven't played it in years and I have Excitebike/Excitebike Vs / NES VC versions along with Excitebike World Rally / WiiWare and ExciteTruck and ExciteBots / Wii from the series.
11-16-2016 07:03 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I saw some videos of how Battlefield 1 looks on the PS4 Pro, and am now thinking about selling my PS4 and upgrading.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2016 07:18 PM by Kronke.)
11-16-2016 07:18 PM
HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(11-04-2016 11:48 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 08:43 AM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  I've never understood the crazy for these type of figures.

they are like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one.

Personally, I kind of like having relatively cheap figures from some of my favorite video games that can also unlock stuff in games I own ...so its not just a shelf decoration ... and some of the unlocks are pretty cool, and the trainable AI fighters in Smash are pretty good. They still need to do a real game that involves them at a level of say your average Disney Infiniti, Lego ____, or Skylanders...

I hear you.

I have plushes of all the Eevevolutions and Eevee. They look darn good all together and I just ordered an Ash-Greninia plush today.
11-17-2016 03:06 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Excitebike 64 looks good, but apparently the emulated version they put out has the same deadzone issues that plagued the earlier release of F Zero X on the WiiUVC.
11-17-2016 06:37 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

BotW looking good.
12-01-2016 10:55 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Super Mario Run and BotW Switch debut....

More SMR stuff
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 01:40 AM by PirateTreasureNC.)
12-08-2016 12:43 AM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Does anyone here play the Civilization games?
12-08-2016 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.