Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den
(02-24-2016 07:59 PM)ODU Hoops Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 07:28 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(02-24-2016 06:29 PM)ODU True Blue Wrote:  Please lock this thread!

You realize that A. There is no recruiting info to really discuss right now. B. An ignore button c. We are done?

Locking every thead you don't like because people are arguing is maybe one of the dumbest things you could go on a message board that is meant for DISCUSSION.

I think his point is that this is supposed to be a recruiting thread and you guys have ruined it. I know you don't care about that, but you could have had your spitting match elsewhere in another thread and a number of people have asked you to let it go. Yet neither of you will.
+ a gazillion +
02-24-2016 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bit_9 Offline

There is a John Snowden isn't dead thread to carry on in.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
02-24-2016 09:00 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
There is a difference between a public discussion and a private discussion held in public.
02-25-2016 07:13 AM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

(02-25-2016 07:13 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  There is a difference between a public discussion and a private discussion held in public.

I thought I liked to complain.....but Jesus, people whining about a perfectly legitimate discussion is even more ridiculous.
02-26-2016 01:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(02-26-2016 01:35 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(02-25-2016 07:13 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  There is a difference between a public discussion and a private discussion held in public.

I thought I liked to complain.....but Jesus, people whining about a perfectly legitimate discussion is even more ridiculous.

I agree. The discussion was for the most part civil as well. Believe me, I'd much rather be talking about recruits, but we have nothing new to talk about. Not sure why talking about Snowden gets so many peoples' panties in a bunch. We made a mistake. Nothing we can do about it now and it was almost 3 years ago, but I think if those that want to end the discussion, admitting it was a mistake would go a long way in doing so.
02-26-2016 08:28 AM
Mo Blue Den You Offline
1st String

I hate what this thread has become too but thats where yall are standing firm. To some, it wasn't a mistake but yall want an apology for your OPINION of a player. NOT GOING TO GET ONE.
02-26-2016 08:45 AM
Justanodufan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Odu
(02-26-2016 08:28 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 01:35 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  

I agree. The discussion was for the most part civil as well. Believe me, I'd much rather be talking about recruits, but we have nothing new to talk about. Not sure why talking about Snowden gets so many peoples' panties in a bunch. We made a mistake. Nothing we can do about it now and it was almost 3 years ago, but I think if those that want to end the discussion, admitting it was a mistake would go a long way in doing so.

There is an ENTIRE thread dedicated to Snowden. Perhaps you guys can stop posting on this thread.
02-26-2016 08:49 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(02-26-2016 08:45 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  I hate what this thread has become too but thats where yall are standing firm. To some, it wasn't a mistake but yall want an apology for your OPINION of a player. NOT GOING TO GET ONE.

No, I don't want an apology from you for my opinion (???). What's done is done. What I want is for your contingent to stop trashing a 20 year old young man that wanted to come to ODU in order to defend a decision that was questionable at best. It has to be unbecoming to any local kids that might be looking to come here after what happened already caused enough damage. We haven't had a single Southside or Peninsula public high school commitment since then.
02-26-2016 10:13 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-26-2016 10:13 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 08:45 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  I hate what this thread has become too but thats where yall are standing firm. To some, it wasn't a mistake but yall want an apology for your OPINION of a player. NOT GOING TO GET ONE.

No, I don't want an apology from you for my opinion (???). What's done is done. What I want is for your contingent to stop trashing a 20 year old young man that wanted to come to ODU in order to defend a decision that was questionable at best. It has to be unbecoming to any local kids that might be looking to come here after what happened already caused enough damage. We haven't had a single Southside or Peninsula public high school commitment since then.

There are a lot of kids that want to go to Old Dominion. Some good enough, some not good enough. If there is a local kid good enough, I hope that they end up at our school.
02-26-2016 10:26 AM
EverydayInVA Offline
Bench Warmer

Who the flying F#$* cares? Oh no, ODU missed out on a player that was a CAA recruit at best, massage the stats any way you want, he was like the 3rd best player on a terrible MAAC team, and will be an OK player for JMU. He's no star. I've never seen more people up in arms about a recruit that wouldn't make an impact in over 25 years as an ODU fan. Can we move on to players that matter? Mabye guys that actually go to ODU, or might go to ODU, this whole discussion is SOOOOOO 3 years ago. AND nobody locally really cares, and I seriously doubt any recruit thinks about Snowden when considering ODU, the only people that really remember the whole situation are like 3 people on these message boards. NOBODY ELSE CARES. Can a mod go back and just delete all this discussion or somehow move it to the other thread?
02-26-2016 10:30 AM
mac Offline
All American

Just checked on Randy Hayes 6'5" guard coming in next season to see how he's doing. Former Virginia Co-player of the Year in HS along with another new Monarch, Trey Porter.

19 ppg
5.3 rpg
46.6% shooting
38% 3 point
Foul Line 73%
02-26-2016 10:37 AM
paintedblue2 Offline
All American

Xavier Green and Tre Evans begin their post-season play tonight.
I'm hoping they both have successful tournaments and advance to state titles.

GO MONARCHS!
02-26-2016 10:39 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(02-26-2016 10:26 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

There are a lot of kids that want to go to Old Dominion. Some good enough, some not good enough. If there is a local kid good enough, I hope that they end up at our school.

Whether he is/was good enough is not the issue and not what is causing the local recruiting problems.
02-26-2016 10:42 AM
EverydayInVA Offline
Bench Warmer

Can't wait to see Randy in an ODU uniform, he looks like a big physical guard, with him Stith and Talley on the perimeter next year, ODU shouldn't get pushed around, not to mention all the new muscle down low. I'm not sure I ever remember a year when ODU had more new guys going into the next season, be interesting to see how long it takes all these new guys to gel and find their roles. Might be a season that gets better as it goes along.
02-26-2016 10:45 AM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2016 10:39 AM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  Xavier Green and Tre Evans begin their post-season play tonight.

GO MONARCHS!

Yeah, hopefully they kick butt!

I know we've got someone scouting Xavier Green for us, but anyone live near enough to Oklahoma to give us an in-person report on him? 02-13-banana
02-26-2016 10:45 AM
EverydayInVA Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-26-2016 10:42 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Whether he is/was good enough is not the issue and not what is causing the local recruiting problems.

I think I would take a little more of a wait and see approach to calling anything a "recruiting problem" when ODU has arguably it's best recruiting class ever coming in next year.
02-26-2016 10:47 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-26-2016 10:42 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 10:26 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Whether he is/was good enough is not the issue and not what is causing the local recruiting problems.

Whether the player is good enough is always the issue. I don't see any local recruiting issues. But, then again, I'd rather take on Tre Evans than reaching for a local kid just to grab a local kid.

In the past few years, we've gotten Green, Freeman, and Colbert (Baker and Bacote before them).
02-26-2016 10:51 AM
757ODU Offline
All American

(02-26-2016 10:45 AM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 10:39 AM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  Xavier Green and Tre Evans begin their post-season play tonight.

GO MONARCHS!

Yeah, hopefully they kick butt!

I know we've got someone scouting Xavier Green for us, but anyone live near enough to Oklahoma to give us an in-person report on him? 02-13-banana

I will not be attending Xavier Green's game tonight as something has come up. Hopefully they win tonight and play tomorrow in the championship against Atlantic Shores. What a game that would be. I will definitely be in attendance for that one if it is at 5-7 pm or so. Apologies for not going but it is something I cannot get out of.

Last night:

Xavier Green: 25 points 10 rebounds 5 assists 4 steals 2 blocks

I really would like to see him in person against Atlantic Shores as they are a super talented team. BTW, Williamsburg Christian (Green's) high school is number 1 in the state.
02-26-2016 10:54 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(02-26-2016 10:47 AM)EverydayInVA Wrote:  
(02-26-2016 10:42 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  Whether he is/was good enough is not the issue and not what is causing the local recruiting problems.

I think I would take a little more of a wait and see approach to calling anything a "recruiting problem" when ODU has arguably it's best recruiting class ever coming in next year.

I hope so.
02-26-2016 11:07 AM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

It's weird thinking about, but if Green can occasionally play the point, we could play an interesting 'tall ball' look with:

Green 6'6"
B.J. Stith 6'5"
Talley 6'7"
Porter 6'8"
Kah 6'10"
02-26-2016 11:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.