Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl Info: Georgia Southern Appeal Denied by NCAA
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Bowl Info: Georgia Southern Appeal Denied by NCAA
The SBC Bowl Process is being held up and no invites have been sent out. Georgia Southern has sent a final appeal to the NCAA for eligibility based on their conference championship. Bowls cannot select teams until that process is done.

If GS Was approved, they would have to be accommodated as Champion by an SBC Bowl, knocking a 2nd bowl eligible team out of the fray.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 06:21 PM by chiefsfan.)
11-30-2014 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
Credible Bowl Talk
Let's try to clump some "legit" or "solid" leads in regards to SBC teams and bowls

First, some tweets from Arkansas Democrat Gazette sports reporter, Troy Schulte:

"Sun Belt process is held up as New Orleans Bowl waits for Georgia Southern's waiver appeal. Rest of country held up until CFP makes picks."

"Just talked with ASU AD Terry Mohajir about ASU's bowl prospects. Said this year's bowl picture is a bit more muddled than in year's past."

"Mohajir said he spoke with GoDaddy and Camellia folks today. Has also spoken with those from ESPN Events, an offshoot that owns 11 bowls."
11-30-2014 07:32 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
RE: Quick Bowl Note:
(11-30-2014 07:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The SBC Bowl Process is being held up and no invites have been sent out. Georgia Southern has sent a final appeal to the NCAA for eligibility based on their conference championship. Bowls cannot select teams until that process is done.

So, say NO, and send out the invites . . . .
11-30-2014 07:32 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Quick Bowl Note:
Annoying as hell.
11-30-2014 07:34 PM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

RE: Bowl Info: Process delayed, Picture "Muddy" per AState AD
found this from someone by the twitter handler "The Sunbelt Blogger"

"South Alabama has scheduled football practice for this Wednesday......"
11-30-2014 07:36 PM
gostAte870 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
Annoying, but GS has to try, even though it is a losing battle for them.
11-30-2014 07:37 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-30-2014 07:36 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  found this from someone by the twitter handler "The Sunbelt Blogger"

"South Alabama has scheduled football practice for this Wednesday......"

Team meetings are today. We set up a practice schedule as well for next weekend. Rules allow everyone to practice until bowl invites are made December 7th
11-30-2014 07:38 PM
GST-bone09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Southern
You can't blame us for trying. With the conference title we have a leg to stand on. I just hope it gets settled quickly so the fans of the bowling teams have as much time as possible to make plans.
11-30-2014 08:01 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-30-2014 07:32 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  Let's try to clump some "legit" or "solid" leads in regards to SBC teams and bowls

First, some tweets from Arkansas Democrat Gazette sports reporter, Troy Schulte:

"Sun Belt process is held up as New Orleans Bowl waits for Georgia Southern's waiver appeal. Rest of country held up until CFP makes picks."

"Just talked with ASU AD Terry Mohajir about ASU's bowl prospects. Said this year's bowl picture is a bit more muddled than in year's past."

"Mohajir said he spoke with GoDaddy and Camellia folks today. Has also spoken with those from ESPN Events, an offshoot that owns 11 bowls."

LOL!! Yep, the UL football staff has been told they were playing a MWC team. The NO Bowl Exec. Director Billy Ferrante was standing on the sideline talking to Cajun supporters. Source?

Georgia Southern will get no waiver, there are too many eligible bowl teams. Not buying your legitimate source.
11-30-2014 08:02 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(11-30-2014 07:32 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  Let's try to clump some "legit" or "solid" leads in regards to SBC teams and bowls

Cajuns are in N.O., take it too the bank...waiver or not.

Z
11-30-2014 08:04 PM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

very insightful info from AL.COM

here's the juicy tidbits:

"Georgia Southern officials filed a waiver request with the NCAA to be allowed to receive a bowl bid, suggesting it had already achieved all the necessary requirements for FBS membership, but the request was denied. The school then appealed the decision. A ruling on the appeal is expected as early as Monday."

"Jerry Silverstein, president of the GoDaddy Bowl, said committee members were set to meet Sunday night to discuss candidates for the annual game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, which is also South Alabama's home field. He said they, as well as each of the three bowls connected to the Sun Belt, must wait on the Georgia Southern ruling before selections can be made....Silverstein said it is possible the bowl could make an announcement, if the Georgia Southern ruling is made Monday, as early as Monday afternoon or Tuesday."

"Early predictions for the bowls have Louisiana-Lafayette headed to the New Orleans Bowl, Arkansas State to the GoDaddy Bowl and South Alabama to the Camellia Bowl. Some predictions have Texas State, also bowl eligible, playing in the Camellia Bowl instead of the Jags. Others predict the GoDaddy Bowl will select the Jags."

full article here
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/20...rt_river_sports
11-30-2014 08:05 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-30-2014 08:02 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

LOL!! Yep, the UL football staff has been told they were playing a MWC team. The NO Bowl Exec. Director Billy Ferrante was standing on the sideline talking to Cajun supporters. Source?

Georgia Southern will get no waiver, there are too many eligible bowl teams. Not buying your legitimate source.

The Legit Source is our beat writer.

I'm sure you guys have been given a wink wink nudge nudge invite, but it cant be made official until after the GS Waiver is taken care of. Hence this update.
11-30-2014 08:14 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(11-30-2014 08:01 PM)GST-bone09 Wrote:  You can't blame us for trying. With the conference title we have a leg to stand on. I just hope it gets settled quickly so the fans of the bowling teams have as much time as possible to make plans.

Don't blame your admin one bit, but winning conference doesn't give you more of a leg to stand on.

I am fine with this dragging out until next week. It lets all the dust settle, and opens up the possibility of Texas State accepting an at-large invite.

I would THINK (and this is off the cuff) Texas State would be more appealing to the two bowls in Texas (the ones that are rumored to need a team) than stAte or USA. But if we are offered a bowl, we're taking it.

Don't imagine that people accept bowl bids, then later switch it around, do they?
11-30-2014 08:24 PM
Tiguar Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
I don't think texas state is going to be the team left out this year.
11-30-2014 08:27 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
(11-30-2014 08:27 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  I don't think texas state is going to be the team left out this year.

I'm liking it, but I'd be more upset (not really upset, but you get it) if Texas State accepted a Camelia bowl invite only next week to find out Armed Forces bowl or Heart of Dallas was hunting for an at-large.

That would then mean all four bowl eligible teams could go.
11-30-2014 08:29 PM
gsu_paintballer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
(11-30-2014 08:24 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 08:01 PM)GST-bone09 Wrote:  You can't blame us for trying. With the conference title we have a leg to stand on. I just hope it gets settled quickly so the fans of the bowling teams have as much time as possible to make plans.

Don't blame your admin one bit, but winning conference doesn't give you more of a leg to stand on.

I am fine with this dragging out until next week. It lets all the dust settle, and opens up the possibility of Texas State accepting an at-large invite.

I would THINK (and this is off the cuff) Texas State would be more appealing to the two bowls in Texas (the ones that are rumored to need a team) than stAte or USA. But if we are offered a bowl, we're taking it.

Don't imagine that people accept bowl bids, then later switch it around, do they?

I don't see any way that could really happen.
11-30-2014 08:30 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(11-30-2014 08:27 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  I don't think texas state is going to be the team left out this year.

Its one of the two of us I am pretty sure. If Benson has his say, it will be us.
11-30-2014 08:30 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
someone needs to let ga southern know that threatening litigation works wonders on the godaddy bowl. 04-cheers
11-30-2014 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(11-30-2014 08:24 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

La Tech doesn't accept. They just wait, and wait, and wait till all the bids are accepted.
11-30-2014 08:33 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(11-30-2014 08:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-30-2014 08:02 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

The Legit Source is our beat writer.

I'm sure you guys have been given a wink wink nudge nudge invite, but it cant be made official until after the GS Waiver is taken care of. Hence this update.

So basically he is stating the obvious, nothing will be official until Dec. 7th, but he has no knowledge of private conversations or assurances. Okay, I buy that but it sounds like he is simply stating the obvious. So this reliable source is really not saying anything that is not a matter of public record is he? That's what beat writers do, quote things that are on the record. He hasn't a clue beyond that, thanks.
11-30-2014 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.