Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Where is Cougar King?
Bookmark and Share
Bearcat Jimmy -93 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Where is Cougar King?
The game with Houston shouldn't of even been so close. We out gained Houston in total yardage something like 590- 235. It was 24-7 late in the 3rd quarter and could have been worse if we would have made some field goals and not turned thye ball over. The field was in horrendous condition and we still kicked their arse! How many BCS Bowls has Houston been too??

11-26-2013 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
This just in....CKing last seen leaving the United States and thought to be going to Switzerland to live a quiet neutral life.

[Image: 1675576-2259038.jpg?v=1289434054]

11-26-2013 05:55 PM
glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
I'll give the small amount of credit that is due for making an appearance in the call out thread, but you should leave the chilli out of it.

The field your team hosted us at was a muddy brown eye on the face of AAC sports. I understand, but do not respect, trying to level the field against a far superior opponent by making them play in slop. Alas the bearcats were so far superior that the bi+ch move proved fruitless, and for that I am glad.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 11:53 PM by glacier_dropsy.)
11-26-2013 11:50 PM
chicago bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-25-2013 05:28 PM)Cougar King Wrote:  
(11-25-2013 05:13 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  Most of NASA control is in Houston thanks to LBJ. When it came time for Neil Armstrong to retire from NASA, he decided to teach at UC -- not at Houston. Evidently, he had a higher opinion of UC's academics than do you. I wonder which -- you or Neil -- had the most informed opinion?

UC is a real academic powerhouse. Kids from all over state are just dying to become a Bearcat. Those people in Columbus ain't got nothin' on that school in the wonderful neighborhood called Clifton. 04-bow

No Houston fan should ever smack talk about academics.

UC is ranked 56 spots ahead of Houston in US News and World Rankings.
UC has higher incoming ACT scores than UH.
UC endowment $1.03 billion
UH endowment $590 million

Comparing universities is difficult because of differences like private vs public or in the case of Ohio State, the fact that they receive a larger share of funding from state government because of flagship status. However, UH and UC are really perfect to compare because both are public, both are in urban environments and sizes in student body are very similar. Despite all this UC wipes the floor with UH.

The only thing UH can claim to be impressive about is that it is one of only three Tier One state research universities in Texas. But guess what? UH's impressive $130 million in annual research funding...UC gets about four times that amount.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 12:44 AM by chicago bearcat.)
11-27-2013 12:43 AM
FLIP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(11-26-2013 11:50 PM)glacier_dropsy Wrote:  The field your team hosted us at was a muddy brown eye on the face of AAC sports. I understand, but do not respect, trying to level the field against a far superior opponent by making them play in slop. Alas the bearcats were so far superior that the bi+ch move proved fruitless, and for that I am glad.

Heard from the top, that UC formally sent a complaint to the league about the switching from Rice to the soccer stadium - based upon timing of the switch and condition of the playing surface. Second, that if UC lost, a formal protest would've been issued due to not only the switching of venues, but also the condition of the field. Apparantly, when Houston played Memphis, the field was in terrrible shape even during good weather - ie, having already played on the surface once before, Houston was specifically trying to get an edge upon the competition by the move to change venues.

11-27-2013 08:03 AM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
Yea, they didn't even bother to clean this off the field after the
UH/Memphis game

[Image: Houston-safety-pukes.gif]

11-27-2013 08:36 AM
Cougar King Offline
Banned

I Root For: Houston
(11-27-2013 08:03 AM)FLIP Wrote:  Heard from the top, that UC formally sent a complaint to the league about the switching from Rice to the soccer stadium - based upon timing of the switch and condition of the playing surface. Second, that if UC lost, a formal protest would've been issued due to not only the switching of venues, but also the condition of the field. Apparantly, when Houston played Memphis, the field was in terrrible shape even during good weather - ie, having already played on the surface once before, Houston was specifically trying to get an edge upon the competition by the move to change venues.

It's sad and pathetic that Cincy thinks the world revolves around them. We didn't switch fields for a competitive edge.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=660269

But of course, don't let facts get in your way.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 12:33 PM by Cougar King.)
11-27-2013 12:32 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Houston's stadium situation has still be a joke this year... and I'm sure everyone in the conference thinks this. Find a permanent home for the year like UC did. The school is in a major city with lots of sports venues.

11-27-2013 02:06 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
maybe no one wants 'em

[Image: 4796075+_5c7e5486d9b4ac567a7b11f9eb013720.jpg]

11-27-2013 02:11 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(11-27-2013 12:32 PM)Cougar King Wrote:  It's sad and pathetic that Cincy thinks the world revolves around them. We didn't switch fields for a competitive edge.

What were we thinking... Everyone knows that you subscribe to the notion of a Houston-centric universe, Coog.

FWIW, I was arguing LAST YEAR that, since Houston could not contractually meet it's obligation to provide a satisfactory stadium...since they went and tore-down Robertson BEFORE they even knew where they were going to play... that Houston should have forfeited their right to host the game and the game should have been played UP IN CINCINNATI. The whole situation...vacillating between "We're going to play at Reliant... Wait, we're going to play at BBVA... Wait, we're going to play at Rice... Wait we're going to play at BBVA..." was embarrassing. Houston SHOULD HAVE had those details ironed out as part of the stadium construction plan instead of punting the issue as they went along.

It isn't UC's fault that Houston couldn't come to terms with Reliant to host their games. It isn't UC's fault that Houston couldn't come to terms with Rice... TO USE THE FRIGGIN' LOCKER ROOMS! 03-lmfao And it certainly isn't UC's fault that the playing surface at BBVA was so bad...something Houston knew well before the game since it was torn up during the Memphis game.

If your Athletic "administration" can't provide suitable facilities, you should lose the right to host the game. But that's in the past now...

BTW, using another Fan-forum page to form your basis of fact is even weaker than using Wikipedia for a thesis paper. But then again, I'm willing to cut the...ahem...scholars...down in Houston a little slack.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 02:24 PM by BearcatJerry.)
11-27-2013 02:21 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

Basically, Cougar High is a bunch of incompetent cowardly worms. I'm glad we've established that.

/thread

11-27-2013 02:30 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Here, stirring up trouble on the AAC board.
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=663826

11-27-2013 02:31 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(11-27-2013 02:30 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Basically, Cougar High is a bunch of incompetent cowardly worms. I'm glad we've established that.

/thread

DannyBoy,

YES... There has to be some discussion as to the competence of the Houston Athletic Department in how this game was handled. The basic argument is this... either (a) this was a case of the University of Houston really being unable to get ahead of the curve and manage the thing effectively, or (b) the University of Houston knowingly changed fields for their competitive advantage. Either one is damning in its own way, and either one is plausible.

NO... "Cougar High" (I hate that name, FWIW) is not "a bunch of cowardly worms." For the record...and I have come to dislike their fan-base as a collective whole... the great majority of their fans are really decent human beings. ONLY ONE UH FAN... "Cougar King"... has the gall to consistently come into other school's forums and talk trash, ON THEIR FORUMS, and then disappear into the night. But it's incorrect to say that every...or even the majority...of Cougar fans are adequately represented by CK. Most UH fans who are familiar with the guy will tell you that they too are embarrassed by his antics. (For those familiar with the Rutgers rivals.com board, "Cougar King" is basically analogous to "RutgersAl," except RutgersAl actually had some insight every-now-and-then... I have yet to see "Cougar King" actually exhibit much insight, so you have all the over-the-top crap of "RutgersAl" with no redeeming qualities...)

Finally, YES... This has probably run it's course. Houston is in the rear-view until the conference BB season starts up. Thankfully. Then we'll probably see CK back here, flapping his gums about something new.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 02:48 PM by BearcatJerry.)
11-27-2013 02:42 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

So you're saying Houston is evil. Got it. I'm on board. :)

11-28-2013 07:55 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(11-26-2013 12:08 PM)Cougar King Wrote:  I aint eatin no crow.

this says a lot about your character (and grammar skills), or lack thereof to be more precise...

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 12:06 PM by Bearcats#1.)
11-28-2013 12:06 PM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
2000 And 2008 Miss America were froM UC.

UH has NEVER had a Miss America

What say you Miss Cougar?

11-28-2013 02:16 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
FB: Cincinnati 24, Houston 17 (Highlights Courtesy ESPN)

11-28-2013 04:13 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
***BUMP***
03-lmfao

05-09-2020 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.