ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official ECU Thead
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
Official ECU Thead
Edit: renamed thread to ECU Game discussion thread because it quickly went beyond just tickets.

Anyone know when we should expect to have info on that? I assume probably a few weeks before the game or a month or so? My parents and others are already asking me about when and where to get them and already booking hotel rooms.

I got lucky and my buddy in Raleigh's wife's step-dad (01-wingedeagle) is the dean of medicine at ECU so we got tickets lined up already through him. But I wasn't sure what to tell them just yet.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 10:46 AM by bit_9.)
04-16-2013 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUR8R Offline
All American

RE: Tickets for ECU
Found this on Stubhub http://www.stubhub.com/east-carolina-pir...3-4252886/

Also a handicapper already has his opening weekend lines out and we are a 22 point underdog.

http://odubleedblue.com/odu-a-22-point-u...-carolina/
04-16-2013 11:42 AM
bit_9 Offline

I too saw that line and also thought it a fair number given all things. I think it'll be a game much like NH last year if both teams stay consistent to last years leaky (to say the least) D's and solid O's. I would take the over at 59 I think.
04-16-2013 12:08 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

According to my neighbor, who is an ECU alum and attends most games, it won't be a problem walking up and getting tickets before the game.
04-16-2013 12:19 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
If I were a betting man (and I am not - - at least not on sports), I would take the points in a heart beat. I see ODU scoring at least 28, and I do not see them scoring 50 or more. The last two scrimmages, the defense has looked greatly improved.
04-16-2013 12:26 PM
Monarchs Win Offline
Bench Warmer

Give me the points and take the over. I am willing to bet $500 internet dollars.
04-16-2013 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

(04-16-2013 12:31 PM)Monarchs Win Wrote:  Give me the points and take the over. I am willing to bet $500 internet dollars.

Me too. Anyone know a site taking bets at this spread right now? That spread will shrink as we get closer and closer to kick-off.
04-16-2013 12:57 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
Always take the over on ODU football.

Anyways, apparently ODU is going to have a fleet of buses to bring students to Greenville, for free, for the ECU game.
04-16-2013 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TedHead Offline
1st String

I think Bet US will have it
04-16-2013 01:00 PM
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

For anyone who might be wondering what time the game will be, this is today's Email from ECU Assistant AD, Mack McCarthey, in response to my inquiry.

"No game times or TV schedules have been set for next season as of yet.

They will be announced on http://www.ecupirates.com when they are finalized."

04-cheers
04-16-2013 02:04 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
I wouldn't bet on walking up and getting a ticket for the home opener
04-16-2013 04:22 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

(04-16-2013 04:22 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I wouldn't bet on walking up and getting a ticket for the home opener

That's how I am approaching this game. ODU's first game with ECU. The history and close proximity. This ones going to have a lot of hype.
04-16-2013 07:48 PM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

How guarantee is stubhub if I were to buy tickets off there say this week for the ECU game?
04-16-2013 08:02 PM
Murray007 Offline
1st String

I'm a student at ODU so I'm not too worried about getting tickets. The university is going to hype this game like crazy and probably provide transportation. Maybe $20 for the current students? Heck, maybe it'll be free!! 02-13-banana

However, I'm sure that ODU is going to have at least some tickets to sell to other fans. I'm curious as to when ECU will sell the remainder (if there is any).
04-16-2013 08:03 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(04-16-2013 07:48 PM)Cr8n Wrote:  
(04-16-2013 04:22 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I wouldn't bet on walking up and getting a ticket for the home opener

That's how I am approaching this game. ODU's first game with ECU. The history and close proximity. This ones going to have a lot of hype.

I'm not sure it really matters who were playing. We always sell out the home opener.
04-16-2013 08:04 PM
TedHead Offline
1st String

I heard ODU will have about 5K tickets from ECU to sell. They will go on sale to ODAF first, so many will be set aside for students, and the rest will be open to all ODU fans. What does not sell a week before the game go back to ECU to sell.
04-16-2013 08:25 PM
Advertisement

devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(04-16-2013 08:02 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  How guarantee is stubhub if I were to buy tickets off there say this week for the ECU game?

I've never had an issue with stubhub and they have a pretty solid guarantee, with you getting better tickets or a refund if something goes wrong.

http://www.stubhub.com/guarantee/

(04-16-2013 08:03 PM)Murray007 Wrote:  I'm a student at ODU so I'm not too worried about getting tickets. The university is going to hype this game like crazy and probably provide transportation. Maybe $20 for the current students? Heck, maybe it'll be free!! 02-13-banana

I got this in an email last week;

"The ODU athletic department is excited to announce that the 2013 ODU football schedule and style guide have been finalized, and can be seen below. Style guide cards will be available free of charge at the Spring Football game on April 20th. The schedule next Fall includes six home games at Ballard Stadium and several away football games against prominent FBS opponents within driving distance. Included in these away games are trips to ECU, Maryland, Pitt, and North Carolina. The availability of student tickets to these away games will vary by opponent; however, a block of tickets will be made available to students at no cost to the ECU game, along with bus service to and from the game. Monarch Maniacs will be given exclusive first rights to student tickets to the ECU game through a Maniacs renewal process, here is how it will work...

The Monarch Maniac membership renewal process for the 2013-2014 school year will begin at the Spring Football game on Saturday, April 20th (Game will start at 3PM) and end on June 1, 2013. Maniacs who renew their membership for next year during the renewal period will keep their membership fee of only $20 instead of paying the $25 membership fee expected for next year. Those who renew now will receive their t-shirts and membership cards in the fall when they arrive.

Another added benefit for renewing early is that you have the first shot at getting tickets for the game at East Carolina on August 31st. Students won't be able to register for the ECU game until two weeks before the game, but those who renew their membership during the renewal period will be put on a list and will be able to register one hour before the other Maniacs who sign up after the renewal period, and two hours before the general student body.

There will be opportunities for students to receive tickets for the other away games next year but it may include a cost to the student. Consideration will be given to providing first access to Monarch Maniacs, particularly those that renew early, for any student tickets to away football games next season. More information will be provided at a later time."

That to me says ECU should be free for students.

Of course, I'm still wondering how they couldn't figure out a bus to Hampton last year.
04-16-2013 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Murray007 Offline
1st String

Thanks devyanks!

Great point about Hampton. Heck, we could of driven boats over there and avoid the tunnel traffic!
04-16-2013 11:37 PM
bit_9 Offline

RE: Official ECU Thead
I'm getting harassed by friends and family about tickets. Does anyone have a date on when we will be able to buy tickets from our allotment? Most don't want to jump on stubhub and such and want to get them through ODU. My mom even called a big ECU donor friend of hers and his reply to her was they were gold right now and good luck...
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:27 AM by bit_9.)
05-03-2013 07:21 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

RE: Official ECU Thead
This is an open invite to any ODU fans on here that attend the game to stop by my tailgate for some bbq and booze. Just have to trudge through a long hot summer before we get there.
05-03-2013 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.