Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

spring football starts
Bookmark and Share
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
RE: spring football starts
Wonder if JC will make an appearance, as he is here til 5/1.

Hope so, as I'd like to thank him for running a well-respected program that for the most part is filled with Student-Athletes we can be proud of.

You can choose to poke holes in some areas, but I will especially remember the time frame from the MACC/DD leaving/RC hired/the OB. He had to be going 24/7.
03-20-2013 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2013 03:40 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  Wonder if JC will make an appearance, as he is here til 5/1.

Hope so, as I'd like to thank him for running a well-respected program that for the most part is filled with Student-Athletes we can be proud of.

You can choose to poke holes in some areas, but I will especially remember the time frame from the MACC/DD leaving/RC hired/the OB. He had to be going 24/7.

Definitely did a great job in regards to NIU athletic academics and running a clean program...which is saying something with all our University issues going on.
03-20-2013 03:44 PM
NIUfilmmaker Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(03-20-2013 03:44 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 03:40 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  Wonder if JC will make an appearance, as he is here til 5/1.

Definitely did a great job in regards to NIU athletic academics and running a clean program...which is saying something with all our University issues going on.

Tell him we want a 1 and 1 with ECU. Also remind him not to steal any pens or ashtrays (or coaches) on the way out.
03-20-2013 03:45 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(03-20-2013 03:44 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

Completely failed though in the biggest job of an AD, which is unfortunate.
03-20-2013 03:46 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-20-2013 03:36 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 03:28 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 03:22 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 02:28 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  I sure hope you guys are kidding about the Orange Bowl. Needless to say, we better use it in marketing every chance we get.

I assume they are joking. What would be really cool is if some bigger scheduling annoucement about a home game could be made close to the spring game. Anything to get the fan base excited would really be welcome and help season ticket sales, even if the game is in 2015 or 2016. We just need something to latch onto.

I would assume that this wouldn't be done until we get a new AD who believes in scheduling higher-profile opponents.

Yeah you are probably right, what is the timetable on a new AD, I think its not good to leave that position open long.

I'm sure the new AD won't be selected until after we get a new President. We'll need to sit tight for a few months as one of the able-bodied Assistant ADs runs the show.
03-20-2013 03:48 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(03-20-2013 03:48 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 03:22 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 02:28 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  I sure hope you guys are kidding about the Orange Bowl. Needless to say, we better use it in marketing every chance we get.

I assume they are joking. What would be really cool is if some bigger scheduling annoucement about a home game could be made close to the spring game. Anything to get the fan base excited would really be welcome and help season ticket sales, even if the game is in 2015 or 2016. We just need something to latch onto.

I would assume that this wouldn't be done until we get a new AD who believes in scheduling higher-profile opponents.

Yeah you are probably right, what is the timetable on a new AD, I think its not good to leave that position open long.

I'm sure the new AD won't be selected until after we get a new President. We'll need to sit tight for a few months as one of the able-bodied Assistant ADs runs the show.

Would that be something if in those few month the assistant AD landed a decent home opponent, Id find it funny if that individual did more in two months than Compher did in X number of years.
03-20-2013 03:49 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2013 03:49 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 03:48 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-20-2013 03:22 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I assume they are joking. What would be really cool is if some bigger scheduling annoucement about a home game could be made close to the spring game. Anything to get the fan base excited would really be welcome and help season ticket sales, even if the game is in 2015 or 2016. We just need something to latch onto.

Would that be something if in those few month the assistant AD landed a decent home opponent, Id find it funny if that individual did more in two months than Compher did in X number of years.

I doubt they would do that...unless they were in the running for the position.
03-20-2013 04:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.