Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[MERGED] Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules
Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
RE: Check out ACC.com at 11 A.M for football schedules
Was hoping GT would be first up for FSU. Of course this league will probably put that matchup last on their priority list.

Well at least Pittsburgh is close to me. Should be able to make that game this season
01-11-2013 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(01-11-2013 12:23 PM)Ragu Wrote:  Was hoping GT would be first up for FSU. Of course this league will probably put that matchup last on their priority list.

Well at least Pittsburgh is close to me. Should be able to make that game this season

Be sure to hit me up... I'm thinking this game will be in early Sept. Around either Thursday the 5th or possible prime time on the 7th.
01-11-2013 12:26 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

I will let you know if I can make it. I plan on going there though.

This still sucks for FSU (once again). They had Virginia Tech at home scheduled following up going to VT last year. Now they lose that game and get Pitt away and Syracuse at home....

Awesome!
01-11-2013 12:29 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
2013 Georgia Tech ACC football schedule:
vs UNC, vs Pitt, vs VT, vs Syracuse
@Duke, @Miami, @Clemson, @Virginia asdfa

The ACC fixes GT playing UGA, VT, and UGAg all home or all away in the same year. So the ACC screws up initial expansion scheduling by making GT play @VT for two consecutive years.... then fixes its own mistake by forcing GT to play @Clemson for two consecutive years. Screw you Swofford.
01-11-2013 12:38 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(01-11-2013 12:38 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  2013 Georgia Tech ACC football schedule:
vs UNC, vs Pitt, vs VT, vs Syracuse
@Duke, @Miami, @Clemson, @Virginia asdfa

The ACC fixes GT playing UGA, VT, and UGAg all home or all away in the same year. So the ACC screws up initial expansion scheduling by making GT play @VT for two consecutive years.... then fixes its own mistake by forcing GT to play @Clemson for two consecutive years. Screw you Swofford.

I guess that's the effect of all this expansion. We play VT at home again this year, which is weird.
01-11-2013 12:44 PM
Ragu Offline
All American

Don't worry GT. There are future adjustments coming in 2014. I am sure they will find ways to screw the football schools (especially FSU/Clemson) onc e again. FSU/GT should be in the same division. At least there is a chance that it goes to the 2 matchups in 12 years in 2014/2015.

Oh and I bet the Pitt game away is a Thursday night game. ACC does that to FSU all the time.
01-11-2013 12:46 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Hope Clemson gets the same gift for a double home game VT got. VT got so much bad karma from that it made Reggie Ball play like Peyton Manning for a half.
01-11-2013 12:47 PM
ej6687 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Pitt
(01-11-2013 12:01 PM)TopayVT Wrote:  Pitt has a nice home schedule, between FSU, Miami, and Notre Dame. They also get a chance (and should be able) to knock off former Irish coach Bob Davie, now at New Mexico.

UVA already had a scheduled OOC game vs Penn State. Now they get to travel to Pitt as well...surely the Cavs will get their fill of PA!

Pitt already sold 1000 new season tickets in the 90 mins after the home schedule was announced.
01-11-2013 01:10 PM
MKPitt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
This is a dream schedule for Pitt. ND, FSU, Miami, UNC, and UVA at home. Road trips to Atlanta, Annapolis, and Blacksburg. Honestly, the only thing missing is Penn State and it would be the perfect schedule.
01-11-2013 01:17 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(01-11-2013 01:10 PM)ej6687 Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 12:01 PM)TopayVT Wrote:  Pitt has a nice home schedule, between FSU, Miami, and Notre Dame. They also get a chance (and should be able) to knock off former Irish coach Bob Davie, now at New Mexico.

UVA already had a scheduled OOC game vs Penn State. Now they get to travel to Pitt as well...surely the Cavs will get their fill of PA!

Pitt already sold 1000 new season tickets in the 90 mins after the home schedule was announced.

Probably twice that many are going to cancel VT tickets every other year.
01-11-2013 01:28 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(01-11-2013 11:42 AM)4x4hokies Wrote:  They switched Duke and Miami in our rotation. That really doesn't make sense. So we are playing at Miami two years in a row and at BC two years in a row. At least we get Duke at home two years!?!

meh. I don't expect VT to contend for anything nationally in 2013, but I think 2014 is possible - so if we get Miami in Blacksburg in 2014, that may work out better.
01-11-2013 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(01-11-2013 12:07 PM)zibby Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 11:26 AM)WNCOrange Wrote:  With the exception of Clemson the home schedule for SU blows.

I can already hear the attendance smack coming. BC, Clemson, Pitt, Wake, Tulane and TBD (probably an FCS team) is not going to excite many people. No offense, Wake, but we just played you. Thanks a lot, Doctor Gross, for selling the Ped State game to MetLife Stadium.

The Penn St. game in '13 was never slated, to my knowledge, to be a Syracuse home game. It was always destined for MetLife Stadium with a home-home series with PSU in 2019-20.
01-11-2013 01:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardinals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
(01-11-2013 11:15 AM)gocards#1 Wrote:  There's some great matchups next year. Really hope we can play a few ACC teams out of conference if we're stuck in the Big East another year.

Play a few ACC teams ooc? We've already got our non-conference schedule set (as sorry as it is), so how would that be possible?
01-11-2013 01:38 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(01-11-2013 01:38 PM)Cardinals Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 11:15 AM)gocards#1 Wrote:  There's some great matchups next year. Really hope we can play a few ACC teams out of conference if we're stuck in the Big East another year.

Play a few ACC teams ooc? We've already got our non-conference schedule set (as sorry as it is), so how would that be possible?

I thought your board was talking about a neutral site game to start out the year.

(they were even misguided enough to claim it'd be against Alabama but I'll let that bit of stupidity slide)

What ever happened with that?
01-11-2013 01:39 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams

FSU needs to upgrade the home schedule for next year. Maybe both FSU and UL could move a game to the future and have UL @ FSU - maybe even on Labor Day Monday night? If I were AD at FSU, that's what I would be looking into...
01-11-2013 01:49 PM
Cardinals Offline
Special Teams

(01-11-2013 01:39 PM)4x4hokies Wrote:  

I thought your board was talking about a neutral site game to start out the year.

(they were even misguided enough to claim it'd be against Alabama but I'll let that bit of stupidity slide)

What ever happened with that?

The talk continues, but with each passing day it becomes less and less likely. The kind of opponent we're talking about here is not likely to make a major scheduling change this late in the game unless prompted to do so by a TV network, so we're holding out hope. But the hope seems to be abating somewhat.

Weirdly enough, Oregon fans started showing up in droves on the most popular Louisville board yesterday, and nobody seems to know why. They don't post. Just lurk. We were wondering if there was some sort of a season-opener in the works with them.

But regardless, to talk about "a few" new ooc games is rather silly. Obviously the idea that suddenly 3 or 4 ACC teams are going to step in and play us when we've already have a full OOC schedule is not really reasonable. Though I admit it would be desirable, given the sorry nature of our conference schedule and the even sorrier nature of our OOC schedule in 2013. When Ohio U might actually be the best team on your schedule, things are bleak indeed.
01-11-2013 01:56 PM
Cardinals Offline
Special Teams

(01-11-2013 01:49 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

FSU needs to upgrade the home schedule for next year. Maybe both FSU and UL could move a game to the future and have UL @ FSU - maybe even on Labor Day Monday night? If I were AD at FSU, that's what I would be looking into...

This Louisville fan would love it. We have both a past & a future with FSU - why not make a present of it?
01-11-2013 01:58 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame

I will be rooting big time for Pitt in that game! It would be fun to watch Boob Davie lose (and probably blow with bad coaching) a footbawl game while not coaching ND for once.
01-11-2013 02:05 PM
Chris02M Offline
1st String

I Root For: syracuse
RE: When will the ACC announce the 2013 FB schedules?
our 4th game will be a fcs team im 99% sure
01-11-2013 06:21 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
(01-11-2013 11:30 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I wonder if this ends up being a 1-off schedule, then they re-do the divisions when U of L comes in for 2014?

I hope so. If not our 2014 home slate is going to suck big green donkey balls.

Syracuse
NC State
The French
Louisville
Coastal Carolina
South Carolina
OOC TBA

@ UGA
@ GT
@ FSU
@ BC
@ WF

The only decent home games would be Louisville and South Carolina.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 06:37 PM by catdaddy_2402.)
01-11-2013 06:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.